Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Loading...

avatar Dain (218)

(Dain Anderson)

 United States
North Carolina (Durham / Chapel Hill)
Joined : 08/14/2006 / Visited: 02/19/2017
Posts : 12039 (3.13 posts per day)

Visit this user's site (enlarge)
Visit this user's eBay Listings
February 04, 2010
Oh my, what do we have here???

Anyone hanging out in chat probably knows what this is, but for those who haven't, you'll just have to guess or await the release!




February 01, 2010
More updates...

Features Added (these were added a while ago):

1. Added daily data mining for tracking collection progress.
2. Updated DS platform with new games (added 1620 games from all regions)
3. Added SNES to the database
4. Added "Showing" section for allowing you to show missing items only.
5. Added the ability to remove the "Buy" columns.
6. When someone posts a link to their internal collection edit screen, we now redirect them to the public URL instead of sicking Bombquisha on them.
7. Added paging to the "Browser Collections" area.

Bugs Squashed:

1. When copying (not moving) games from your game Queue to a collection it was throwing an error. (fixed)

2. Adding more than one variations of the same game, as produced by the following, was throwing an error:

Step 1) Select a collection you want to edit.
Step 2) Click: "Expand Collection" action.
Step 3) Enter criteria in the search field and unclick the "only show missing games" checkbox.
Step 4) Select the game (In my case I added "pokemon yellow") and click the "Add Selected" action.
Step 5) "Go to Collection" and edit the entry so it has a -1 for its code.
Repeat steps 2 through 4 so you can add a "-2". Step 4 will always fail on the second (and subsequent) attempt.

The routine that was calculating the instance of the variation wasn't being incremented properly and was returing 1 or 0, instead of 2, 3, 4, etc...



January 27, 2010
Some changes and fixes...

Made some long-coming changes recently:


- Fixed the escaping issue with quotes within a forum topic summary.

- Fixed an issue in Anaea that was preventing paging on advanced searches, such as:

    box -("no box","box not included","without box","no original box")

- Fixed the totals discrepancy when results were being filtered in the collection edit/view screens, such as when you choose "Showing: Missing" (Edit screen).

- Changed the column header of "Value" in the "Global Totals" of the collection stats screen to "Data" as the word "Value" was somewhat confusing in that context (at least to me it was!  .

- Added the ability to view only Available or Missing items in the collection view/edit screens. This filters is handy for linking to only the items you need in a collection or when you only want to show the items you already have (the reverse). Just look for the orange-colored tab.

- Added a new tabbing system to user profiles. I'm still not 100% happy with it, but it's a little easier to use now. The main purpose was to link to that user's collections but I can't just leave well enough alone.

- Added a paging bar to the bottom of the collection view pages.

- Fixed the escaping issue with quotes on the user profile pages for first and last name.

- Fixed the escaping issue with quotes on the avatar pane (forums) for first and last name.

- Fixed the issue with the trailing slash '/' when entering your profile website.

- User "your links and content" are now direct links instead of script actions from the TOC (so they can be copied!)

- Completely re-vamped the user profile page to include better organization and blog content.

January 23, 2010
User Pages and 'Sent' Folder now Working

We implemented a few security measures late last week to thwart a specific XSS attack and as a result, we killed a few things (oops). They're back up.

January 21, 2010
NintendoAge OpenSearch Support!

In case anyone missed my post in the Site Suggestions area, a long-running request was to create a toolbar for FireFox that would allow certain functionality for NA users without being on NA. Not having a lot of time to devote to this particular project, I've met the request halfway by creating a search plug-in for most major browsers, utilizing the OpenSearch format.

In FireFox, you can add NintendoAge as a search engine by doing the following:

1. Go to NintendoAge.com (anywhere within the site) and click on the drop-down arrow next to the current search provider icon:



2. Choose "Add NintendoAge.com"



3. Enter your search terms, which will take you to the search results screen. We've enable search suggestions as well so that it will help you narrow your search



NOTE: the default sort of the suggestions box is by platform (as you see it at the top of the NA header), then title. So NES first, then GB, then GBC, etc...

Currently, Opera does not support OpenSearch, but you can still add NintendoAge as a search engine by:

  1. Go to the NintendoAge.com home page in Opera, right click on the Game Search box (top left corner) and choose, "Create Search."

  2. A new window will open up. Just enter "keywords" in the "Keyword" box then click "OK." 

That's all there is to it and it worked for me on Opera 9.62.

Enjoy!


Top