Forum » Help Wanted! » Replacing SNES pin connector

Replacing SNES pin connector

How to replace SNES pin connector?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 02:42:52 PM 
ReiKo (0)
(ReiKo ReiKo)
< Little Mac >
Croatia
Hey people, I was just wondering (as I did learn and often replaced my NES 72pin connector) what is situation with SNES?

1. Is it harder to replace the 72pin connector for NES (unscrewing it, and whole procedure of replacement?)

2. What pin connector is used in NTSC SNES? Is it "Type 62"?

3. Any links or videos how to do it step-by-step?

Currently I don't have problems with my SNES, but I would like to learn it for future need and for sake of knowledge

So if anyone would be kind and answer my questions I would be thankful

Thanks!

-------------------------

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 02:50:38 PM 
Mario's Right Nut (318)

(Harbinger 2)
< Bowser >
Texas
I'd be interested in hearing about this for N64 as well.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 03:07:13 PM 
Paul (208)

(Paul )
< Bonk >
Other
I've bought several connectors for the SNES to replace on bad consoles.. They never work..

SNES pins are pretty good, problems with the system are generally something other then the pins..
No that's not my kid in my avatar, THAT'S ME!!!!

Homebrew World Championship cart now available at RetroUSB.com, a small portion of each copy sold goes to NintendoAge.

Edited: 10/13/2009 at 03:07 PM by Paul

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 04:07:17 PM 
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopa Troopa)
< Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
The NES needs replacement pin connectors because people kept pushing down the games like Nintendo said. The carts are suppose to be kept in the "up" position if you don't want to wear out the connector. Take a spare 72-Pin connector and insert a cartridge. Notice how it doesn't sit in the "down" position?

The SNES and N64 are top-loading units which do not see the kind of wear and tear Front-Loading NES systems use to (and still) take. I wouldn't worry about the SNES and N64 yet, they have a long way to go before being worn out like the NES.
www.brawlinthefamily.com
Despite my username, my first gaming device was the Apple][e. I didn't get an N64 until 2007 I believe...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 04:15:27 PM 
MasonSushi (76)

(Mason 8-Bit_Nes)
< Ridley Wrangler >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: Koopa64

The NES needs replacement pin connectors because people kept pushing down the games like Nintendo said. The carts are suppose to be kept in the "up" position if you don't want to wear out the connector. Take a spare 72-Pin connector and insert a cartridge. Notice how it doesn't sit in the "down" position?

The SNES and N64 are top-loading units which do not see the kind of wear and tear Front-Loading NES systems use to (and still) take. I wouldn't worry about the SNES and N64 yet, they have a long way to go before being worn out like the NES.

yea, i never push down my games in myh NES when I play them. They work great.
Come visit my youtube channel

MasonSushi YouTube Channel

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 06:52:18 PM 
ReiKo (0)
(ReiKo ReiKo)
< Little Mac >
Croatia
Anyone to answer my questions?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 07:35:12 PM 
Paul (208)

(Paul )
< Bonk >
Other
The SNES pin connectors are a 62 pin connector..

There are two types of pin connectors used, so you would need to take your system apart before you could buy the one needed..

It is a little more difficult then the NES pin connector replacement..

No that's not my kid in my avatar, THAT'S ME!!!!

Homebrew World Championship cart now available at RetroUSB.com, a small portion of each copy sold goes to NintendoAge.

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use