Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Need help with NES/Famicom ROMS

Jul 12 at 11:21:01 PM
Somery (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
Let me start off by saying I'm pretty bad with computers. I can usually figure things out but often need help along the way. So, I just ordered the NT Mini. As most of you know it has an SD card slot so you can play ROMS directly from the console. Is there any way to legally download NES/Famicom games or do I need to transfer them directly from my cartridges? If so, what site should I be getting them from? I know that a lot of people on here have an Everdrive or Powerpak, and from what I understand those also use SD cards. Sorry for the beginner level question, but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. 

Jul 12 at 11:57:40 PM
Nes Freak (7)
(Dave ) < Lolo Lord >
California
Originally posted by: Somery

Let me start off by saying I'm pretty bad with computers. I can usually figure things out but often need help along the way. So, I just ordered the NT Mini. As most of you know it has an SD card slot so you can play ROMS directly from the console. Is there any way to legally download NES/Famicom games or do I need to transfer them directly from my cartridges? If so, what site should I be getting them from? I know that a lot of people on here have an Everdrive or Powerpak, and from what I understand those also use SD cards. Sorry for the beginner level question, but I honestly have no clue what I'm doing. 

I see it this way if you own the cart you can legally download the rom and have it as a backup copy.  but anyways if you want to download roms emuparadise is the main place to get them.  isozone doperom are good too.

As for dumping the cart its self. you need a modified nes with a copy nes mod chip from retro usb and if you are also doing famicom games you will need a famiconverter (i recommend using the official famiconverter for best results)  these can be found in gyromite nes carts just make sure if you buy one that it has one in it.

Jul 13 at 12:14:19 AM
Lincoln (132)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
everyone has roms. nobody has roms they only dumped from their own carts. most people don't have hardware to dump carts at all. everyone downloads them. you can't ask here where to download them. there are tools to sort roms once you have them. goodnes (part of goodtools) is the old one, and has issues with the sets but is good enough for playing. no-intro also documents good roms and there are tools to verify that set but I don't know how that works. reading up on those tools should give you a good start.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM updates and download thread for .nes info and splitting

Jul 14 at 5:57:59 PM
BouncekDeLemos (78)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Hmm... not sure if undercover agent or...

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 14 at 6:39:24 PM
Bert (49)
(Bort ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Google is your friend.

Jul 14 at 8:03:56 PM
Somery (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
Never mind. I canceled my order for the NT and decided to get an AVS instead. I'll stick to playing my original carts and save some money along the way.

Jul 14 at 8:07:15 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Somery

Never mind. I canceled my order for the NT and decided to get an AVS instead. I'll stick to playing my original carts and save some money along the way.
Heck, get a flashcart and still save money.

Jul 14 at 9:02:17 PM
Bert (49)
(Bort ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Tulpa

but then where will he get the roms  

Jul 16 at 11:24:43 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Bert

Originally posted by: Tulpa

but then where will he get the roms  

I know a guy who knows a guy...

Jul 17 at 5:43:38 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (1)
(Matt ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Or you can buy a Kazzo for $20 and dump them yourself  

Jul 22 at 9:07:13 AM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
you need to use kevtris' special firmware for the NT mini before you can play roms directly. The hacked firmware also allows you to use the NT mini as a copynes / cart dumper.  you don't need to spend any extra if you want to dump your own carts

GRRR!

Edited: 07/22/2017 at 09:08 AM by cradelit