Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Would you join us for NA 2 - electric boogaloo A complete refresh to a site for modern times

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 09 at 11:14:06 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Agreed. It would be nice to know the status of who owns the site and what they plan to do with it. Or is this BA's retirement plan   ?

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 09 at 12:21:25 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: User123

Same shit different toilet, why even bother.

And those complaining about badges/post counts/transaction haha, seriously.
Pegboy, you didn't tell me you changed your username.  

Nah, the Pegster would have a much more intelligent insult.   Plus it wouldn't be NA as a whole, just RPG grinders and people that play games on Easy.   

yes yes yes lol

May the force be with you.

Oct 09 at 12:24:38 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: MrMark0673

I honestly don't care much about the name personally, though it's an important consideration for gaining new members.

I'm more interested in exactly who would be involved (ownership, admin, and mods). When Jeff purchased the site, it felt like there was a shift from a fun, user created and owned community to a platform to push specific companies and products.

I'm definitely in for NA vol. 2, but I'm a hard pass for GoCollectAge, HeritageAge, ComiclinkAge, or WataAge.

Not sure others share the sentiment, but that's not a community I'm particularly interested in being a part of.

Pretty much this.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 09 at 12:27:04 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: dra600n

I honestly don't care much about the name personally, though it's an important consideration for gaining new members.

I'm more interested in exactly who would be involved (ownership, admin, and mods). When Jeff purchased the site, it felt like there was a shift from a fun, user created and owned community to a platform to push specific companies and products.

I'm definitely in for NA vol. 2, but I'm a hard pass for GoCollectAge, HeritageAge, ComiclinkAge, or WataAge.

Not sure others share the sentiment, but that's not a community I'm particularly interested in being a part of.

Pretty much this.

x3

Oct 09 at 12:32:21 PM
doner24 (326)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota

Originally posted by: dra600n

Pretty much this.

x3

That's exactly in line with what we are going for as well. In fact, I believe that it would benefit those companies to not be affiliated with it at all weather owner or moderator. We stay as unbiased as possible and they just act as conduits for information on their products at the new site.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Hurricanes and Super Copa Boxes

Oct 09 at 12:45:52 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
It's too obscure, but I love tkofromtokyo.com

Oct 09 at 1:54:21 PM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Gamer's Cantina

Oct 09 at 2:04:48 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Ausden

Gamer's Cantina

I like this one  

Unfortunately there's already a thriving "all things game related" site there. http://www.gamerscantina.com/...

Oct 09 at 2:20:29 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
So that's a pass on gamesarefinancialinvestments.com then?

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Oct 09 at 2:22:24 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Splain

Originally posted by: Ausden

Gamer's Cantina

I like this one  

Unfortunately there's already a thriving "all things game related" site there. http://www.gamerscantina.com/

Gamercantina.com is available 

Oct 09 at 2:55:21 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Lincoln

So that's a pass on gamesarefinancialinvestments.com then?

Runs to a pc to buy the domain.

Oct 09 at 3:19:17 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
I'm in. I can support monetarily if donations are needed to pull this off.

To those concerned that this new site will just not have enough of a community, it will grow if its good. I came here on a search for a complete gamecube set list. My google search pointed me to a thread in collectors corner and I've been here since. Just give it time!

Staying pat is a death sentence. If anyone plays/played mtg, the same thing happened to MOTL. It was a message board market place just like this one with over 40000 members. It was better than ebay and had great price guides and search lists and reference checker. The owner lost interest and stopped updating it and it died a slow and painful death. Wouldn't sell the site or give anyone admin powers to update anything, and there we're dozens of volunteers. It used to be that a trade list would fall of the first page in an hour. Now there aren't enough active lists to fill an entire page. I've done probably over 10 grand in transactions there, it's a shame to see it the way it is now simply because ownership doesn't care anymore.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 09 at 7:27:27 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
As I mentioned in the other thread where everyone is talking about names, I didn't know the new owner here was just out to suck the data from NA and leave the site as a dry husk of what it once was...

So I retract my earlier comment about saying no to a new site. Had I been better informed about what was happening, I would have been on board from the get go. As it is now, I'm on board.

I want to say I agree with having this new site run by people who love the hobby...not who are into this for money or any sort of business like the new owner of NA.

Also I'd like to still have signatures (for obvious reasons...), as well as maybe a little icon or something that states we were originally members on here? Like maybe a tiny badge or something.

Then of course avatars...what forum doesn't have them lol.

I guess I'm just sad at the thought of all these threads getting lost in time, there's a lot of good stuff on here. Tips and tricks, cleaning/fixing info...

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Oct 09 at 7:39:38 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

As I mentioned in the other thread where everyone is talking about names, I didn't know the new owner here was just out to suck the data from NA and leave the site as a dry husk of what it once was...

So I retract my earlier comment about saying no to a new site. Had I been better informed about what was happening, I would have been on board from the get go. As it is now, I'm on board.

I want to say I agree with having this new site run by people who love the hobby...not who are into this for money or any sort of business like the new owner of NA.

Also I'd like to still have signatures (for obvious reasons...), as well as maybe a little icon or something that states we were originally members on here? Like maybe a tiny badge or something.

I guess I'm just sad at the thought of all these threads getting lost in time, there's a lot of good stuff on here. Tips and tricks, cleaning/fixing info...

Lmao, you couldn't discern his intentions from the first ad banner? Let's all bounce

Oct 09 at 9:24:33 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
So I take it the Comic Book Guy sucked the blood out of whatever was left of NA's withered carcass and tossed it aside to rot until the end comes?

Just burn the whole fucking thing to the ground and start over, you know like that shit stain movie Last Jedi kept telling us: let the past die, kill it if you have to. Hey it's totally working for Star Wars after all.

Oct 09 at 9:43:20 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
PurpleGannon.com

Oct 09 at 9:57:01 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: pegboy

So I take it the Comic Book Guy sucked the blood out of whatever was left of NA's withered carcass and tossed it aside to rot until the end comes?

Just burn the whole fucking thing to the ground and start over, you know like that shit stain movie Last Jedi kept telling us: let the past die, kill it if you have to. Hey it's totally working for Star Wars after all.

Comic book guy is on his 3rd consignment/auction ad already. This place is long dead. 2 new posts in gamers gauntlet, 7 new in collectors corner over the past day

Oct 09 at 10:23:40 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: pegboy

So I take it the Comic Book Guy sucked the blood out of whatever was left of NA's withered carcass and tossed it aside to rot until the end comes.

Just burn the whole fucking thing to the ground and start over
That's already been decided. Try to keep up.

Oct 09 at 10:24:10 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: User123

Same shit different toilet, why even bother.

And those complaining about badges/post counts/transaction haha, seriously.
Pegboy, you didn't tell me you changed your username.  

Nah, the Pegster would have a much more intelligent insult.   Plus it wouldn't be NA as a whole, just RPG grinders and people that play games on Easy.   

Originally posted by: pegboy

Ahhhhhhh, there we go!

Oct 09 at 10:47:24 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Dammit who said his name 3 times?

www.videogamesage.com...

Oct 09 at 11:06:27 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Dammit who said his name 3 times?

Man, I have a great idea for a video game collecting horror movie.  

Oct 09 at 11:11:11 PM
broncofantd793 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Still relatively new here, but this 'ship' is taking on water. I'd be all for a new site that has a once a year donation/membership fee.

Facebook/Reddit/IG/etc have taken away from forums. The only possible option for this community to continue is to start anew. In the end, it still may fracture and fall apart, but standing pat and expecting something to change would be ill-advised. It appears that the new ownership is going to 'cut the cord' one day without notice. If we're not going to make a new site, we at least need a contingency plan for when NintendoAge goes down for the last time. NintendoAge WILL go down for the last time.

Oct 10 at 12:53:33 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Lmao, you couldn't discern his intentions from the first ad banner? Let's all bounce

Actually I use the vintage version of the site so no ad banners for me.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Oct 10 at 12:54:26 AM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
I think we can be sure that SOMETHING will surface, even if NA goes down right now, before details are finalized. Discord will stay up. If you don't want to get on discord, then I guess figure out some other way to contact people from NA (reddit etc) so that word can spread when something happens. If NA goes down early we should put a splash page on purpleganon.com with info when the real site is up.   Plan C is ham radio of course. My call sign is KF7TPF. Aim for the Phoenix east valley.

But I'd be surprised if it went down that soon. If Jeff actually didn't care, like 0%, he would have pulled the plug already.

Oct 10 at 1:17:20 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Splain

I think we can be sure that SOMETHING will surface, even if NA goes down right now, before details are finalized. Discord will stay up. If you don't want to get on discord, then I guess figure out some other way to contact people from NA (reddit etc) so that word can spread when something happens. If NA goes down early we should put a splash page on purpleganon.com with info when the real site is up.   Plan C is ham radio of course. My call sign is KF7TPF. Aim for the Phoenix east valley.

But I'd be surprised if it went down that soon. If Jeff actually didn't care, like 0%, he would have pulled the plug already.

I own purpleganon.com (lol) and yeah - at the very least I'd put up a placeholder page there (or perhaps a redirect).