Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Short film about NYC garbage man and things he's collected

Sep 10 at 10:59:47 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

A look at a long time garbage man and his collection of things pulled from the trash over the years. Pretty incredible the scope of it. Also really triggers my "I'm missing out" instinct.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Sep 10 at 11:51:29 AM
tbone3969 (66)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Love stuff like this. My wife calls me the junk yard dog. She frequently has to stop me from digging through trash on the streets of NYC. You'd be amazed what some people toss out.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Sep 10 at 12:24:09 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
A great watch, but I'm a little astounded that an "active garage" has allowed that guy and his coworkers to take over all the space seemingly meant for storing and repairing the vehicles they're using. I don't begrudge the guy, but since their whole "garage" is overrun with that stuff, you've got to wonder what they're doing with the hardware that's supposed to be in that space.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Sep 10 at 12:37:37 PM
MrWunderful (288)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
So happy Im not a scavenger like some guys I see on IG. Hoarding anything "retro"

Sep 10 at 1:12:59 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I spotted CIB Zelda II for NES (Well I seen the box anyhow) A SNES with cart in the system also. Couldnt see which game.

Edited: 09/10/2019 at 01:13 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Sep 10 at 3:28:47 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Imagine what this guys house looks like??? You would think based on the reasons he stated for starting to do this he would be donating items to families in need. Crazy that they have allowed for him to take over the building like he has.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Sep 11 at 12:55:21 PM
knightriderce (115)
(I am Groot ) < El Ripper >
Minnesota
Neat video, thanks for sharing. That amount of clutter gives me anxiety but there's a lotta cool stuff there

Sep 11 at 2:29:01 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
4:40 for the games.

Sep 12 at 2:43:53 AM
Brachabre (9)
(Weiner Tacos) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
dat Adventure of Link CIB

Sep 12 at 5:46:22 AM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Sorry but I just have to...

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Sep 13 at 1:18:13 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Oh man...I want to go there...I saw dozens of things I would love to add to my own collections. It's super surprising what people throw out...like this stuff can be donated or sold! I never throw stuff out unless it's completely broken/busted/nasty and can't be fixed/cleaned. I donate it. Who knows who'll want that book or old toy...you might make someones day if they find it on the shelf of their thrift store.

Plus it saves energy that would be used to break it down...and saves it from ending up in a landfill, adding to our already huge issue with garbage.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Yesterday at 11:21:39 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

Oh man...I want to go there...I saw dozens of things I would love to add to my own collections. It's super surprising what people throw out...like this stuff can be donated or sold! I never throw stuff out unless it's completely broken/busted/nasty and can't be fixed/cleaned. I donate it. Who knows who'll want that book or old toy...you might make someones day if they find it on the shelf of their thrift store.

Plus it saves energy that would be used to break it down...and saves it from ending up in a landfill, adding to our already huge issue with garbage.

Yes, this exactly. 

4:39 is the GOLD. Haha... Already pointed out, but that's cool.

Thanks for sharing!

So sad that people throw away so much usable goods when it could be used for so much more.

Open up a museum and donate all the money to the homeless. 

The only reason I will throw something out is if it's absolutely trashed and unusable, or else it gets donated. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 09/15/2019 at 11:27 AM by AirVillain