Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Christchurch Shooting Shooter livestreamed mass shooting

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 15 at 12:43:31 AM
D~Funk (78)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Just seeing stuff about this and it is pretty horrible... anybody else seeing this unfold?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia...

https://www.theguardian.com/world...

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 03/15/2019 at 01:08 AM by D~Funk

Mar 15 at 12:54:44 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
It looks like it is finally over. Utterly disgusting.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Mar 15 at 5:13:09 AM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
It's an extremely scary time for the country. We've never had anything like this happen before. We pride ourselves on being one of the safest countries in the world, and this has potentially ruined that.
I'm thankfully on the other side of the country, but the attack has affected everyone. All the news stations perfectly reflect the public's reaction, shock and anger. Since we're in a relatively small country right at the bottom of the world, its effect is even greater.
The death toll is up to 49 as of writing this (10:13 pm 15/03 NZ Time,) and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher during the night. Don't really have any words to describe it, mainly baffled by it all. The country is even more unified during this time, which is fantastic to see.
I can't fathom what residents of Christchurch are going through, the past decade the city's had so many horrendous things happen to it, I can't give enough thoughts and prayers to those impacted.

Game Collection- 1025 as of 27/01/19 

Mar 15 at 5:37:15 AM
< Lolo Lord >
My condolences to all those affected. As for livestreaming something like this... that's a new, sick, low. I hope no one watches the video, because that is exactly what this evil person (or people) would like.

Mar 15 at 6:30:41 AM
ExplodedHamster (176)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Baddieboy Holden

It's an extremely scary time for the country. We've never had anything like this happen before. We pride ourselves on being one of the safest countries in the world, and this has potentially ruined that.
I'm thankfully on the other side of the country, but the attack has affected everyone. All the news stations perfectly reflect the public's reaction, shock and anger. Since we're in a relatively small country right at the bottom of the world, its effect is even greater.
The death toll is up to 49 as of writing this (10:13 pm 15/03 NZ Time,) and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher during the night. Don't really have any words to describe it, mainly baffled by it all. The country is even more unified during this time, which is fantastic to see.
I can't fathom what residents of Christchurch are going through, the past decade the city's had so many horrendous things happen to it, I can't give enough thoughts and prayers to those impacted.
The terrorist is Australian, apparently. Well known member of 4 Chan. Hate has been festering on that place for years (4 Chan, not Australia), and it’s only been a matter of time. He left an entire manifesto of anti-Islamic drivel. 

Edited: 03/15/2019 at 06:31 AM by ExplodedHamster

Mar 15 at 11:38:57 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Every1whocountsluvsNedFlanders (69)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Yup, being a fanatic religious maniac will do that to ya....

The establishment of religions were a major downfall for our race, I don't care how many people it "helps" it doesn't make up for anything.

Get that hitter.

Mar 15 at 11:41:31 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: KlaklonxieShrools

The establishment of religions were a major downfall for our race, I don't care how many people it "helps" it doesn't make up for anything.

I would expect the overlap between practitioners of religion and 4chan users to be pretty small...

But I haven't read up on this guy's supposed background beyond the 4chan affiliation (which breeds its own set of wierdos)

Edited: 03/15/2019 at 11:43 AM by arch_8ngel

Mar 15 at 11:48:24 AM
SUBSCRIBER
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

I would expect the overlap between practitioners of religion and 4chan users to be pretty small...

But I haven't read up on this guy's supposed background beyond the 4chan affiliation (which breeds its own set of wierdos)

I'm not familiar with 4chan so I can't comment on that but I'd take your word on it.

Just crazy how much of an influence make believe stuff can have on people that causes them to act out in such ways.

Get that hitter.

Mar 15 at 11:53:35 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I'm not familiar with 4chan so I can't comment on that but I'd take your word on it.

Just crazy how much of an influence make believe stuff can have on people that causes them to act out in such ways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world...

Read the excerpts from the shooter's manifesto.

Religion doesn't really factor into this, beyond the guy being anti-Muslim (rather than pro-anything-else). 
The guy described himself as an "ethnonationalist and a fascist".

Basically it was an attack against brown people by a white nationalist, not some kind of religious crusade.

Edited: 03/15/2019 at 11:54 AM by arch_8ngel

Mar 15 at 12:02:24 PM
MrWunderful (287)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Apparently he was a Trump fan.

InStead of outright condemning it, Trump tweeted a link to a Breitbart article about it LOL I wonder what the comment section looks like?

I guess its since been deleted.

Mar 15 at 12:43:44 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

InStead of outright condemning it, Trump tweeted a link to a Breitbart article about it LOL I wonder what the comment section looks like?

Yep, he explicitly referenced Trump as a symbol of renewed White identity in his manifesto. 

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Mar 15 at 12:49:23 PM
SUBSCRIBER
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/rightwing-extr...

Religion doesn't really factor into this, beyond the guy being anti-Muslim (rather than pro-anything-else). 

Basically it was an attack against brown people by a white nationalist, not some kind of religious crusade.

I'd have a hard time thinking it had no influence on it whatsoever but yeah maybe not the only reason.

Though, I would have a hard time taking anything he says as truth or with any sanity behind it.

Get that hitter.

Mar 15 at 12:59:51 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

I'd have a hard time thinking it had no influence on it whatsoever but yeah maybe not the only reason.

Though, I would have a hard time taking anything he says as truth or with any sanity behind it.

The shooter wrote a 74 page manifesto laying bare his reasons and motivations. If he was moved by religious extremism, he would've included it in the document.

Mar 15 at 1:08:02 PM
SUBSCRIBER
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: teh lurv

The shooter wrote a 74 page manifesto laying bare his reasons and motivations. If he was moved by religious extremism, he would've included it in the document.

Yes I understand that, I had just admitted to changing my perspective on it in my post going from it being entirely religion driven to possibly only part of it (Him targeting religious groups) It still has "something" to do with it regardless.

Also who cares what he wrote, sure it's the only thing available that we have to base it on but it could all be bullshit and complete schizophrenia too.

Remember this is a guy who just shot up a church and made a video of it, we aren't exactly dealing with a sane person.

Get that hitter.

Edited: 03/15/2019 at 01:08 PM by Every1whocountsluvsNedFlanders

Mar 15 at 1:22:45 PM
Scrobins09 (5)
(Sean ) < Crack Trooper >
District of Columbia
Exactly, we can't take a terrorist's manifesto at face value because it may be that their motive was specifically to stir up trouble and bait others into a conflict, not because they believe in one side or the other but because they want to provoke a fight between those sides.

Mar 15 at 2:02:19 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Scrobins09

Exactly, we can't take a terrorist's manifesto at face value because it may be that their motive was specifically to stir up trouble and bait others into a conflict, not because they believe in one side or the other but because they want to provoke a fight between those sides.

You don't really need to bait people into conflict with white nationalists.

They are pretty universally despised to begin with.

Mar 15 at 2:25:10 PM
CaliforniaGamingSD (29)

< Eggplant Wizard >
This is awful.

Mar 15 at 2:53:59 PM
SUBSCRIBER
MuNKeY (145)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Caught bits and pieces of it, hate when shit like this goes on.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Mar 15 at 2:58:38 PM
Brock Landers (55)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Our new reality. People cultivating growing anger and resentment on the internet, before unleashing it through violence in the real world, indiscriminately trying to murder as many people of whatever "faction" they blame for all of their problems.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VI
SNES Set - 714/723 (Final Fight Guy)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Mar 15 at 3:13:17 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I don't know what is more depressing, this happening or the people online reacting to it with, "Well, the Muslims reap what they sew." And yes, most of them spelled "sow" wrong.

Mar 15 at 3:44:10 PM
Stooperzero (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
You can't blame anyone or anything except the asshole who did it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Whoop Whoop. Gather the juggalos , let's go on a carnie ride! 

Mar 16 at 12:51:19 PM
galacticlint (99)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Baddieboy Holden
It's an extremely scary time for the country.
Fear is the ultimate control and business opportunity.

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

But I haven't read up on this guy's supposed background
Satanic plant.

Edited: 03/16/2019 at 12:51 PM by galacticlint

Mar 16 at 2:39:34 PM
Brock Landers (55)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
The prodigal son returns

Is a Satanic plant someone who was placed there by Satan? Or like literally a plant organism, that also happens to worship Satan?

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VI
SNES Set - 714/723 (Final Fight Guy)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 03/16/2019 at 02:39 PM by Brock Landers

Mar 17 at 12:01:02 PM
fcgamer (97)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

Yep, he explicitly referenced Trump as a symbol of renewed White identity in his manifesto. 

As we all know, anyone who supports Trump is a bad guy...no good Trump supporters the world wide.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 17 at 12:22:35 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: fcgamer

As we all know, anyone who supports Trump is a bad guy...no good Trump supporters the world wide.

That's not what they were getting at.