Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What to do in Vancouver to Banff?

Feb 10 at 8:32:41 PM
SUBSCRIBER
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Other than the parks, what should my family do on this trip? Will be early June, kids are 5-7, I like old/antique stuff.

Edited: 02/10/2019 at 08:33 PM by bunnyboy

Feb 11 at 2:27:14 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Driving...?

Roughly 10-13 hour drive with kids... are you planning on splitting it up? I would think so.

Hmmm... depends really. It's a long trip and it's through the mountains, haha. Not like it's a few hours and your can take detours easy. I mean... I guess you could if you want to take your sweet ass time. What route are you taking, do you know yet?

I mean, I guess there's stuff.... But really, the drive through the mountains is the adventure itself.

Anyways, depends on which route you take, but you will go through some small towns you can do some antiquing in and would be cool for "old stuff".

I lived beside Banff, in Canmore, for almost 8 years. Now living in BC. Depending on which route you take, you might go through my podunk town, haha. 

There's a great Museum in Banff called the Whyte museum. They've got a permanent  set-up as well as a rotating area for guests. Other neat things going on in Banff for sure. It's the go to vacation spot... and I, obviously, can't blame anyone because I lived beside it for 8 years, haha. 

Also other neat natural history museums and funky historic spots. Thinking back on it now, I wish I went to them more. 

-------------------------

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 02/11/2019 at 02:50 AM by AirVillain

Feb 11 at 2:46:31 AM
empire (58)
(Nintendo World Champion 1990 1st place Nintendo World Championships 1990 World Champion) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Science World is pretty cool, the aquarium, Stanley Park. Gastown is awesome too but its near the ugly part of the city with the druggies so maybe not the best for kids.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 11 at 9:40:48 AM
phart010 (7)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
If you could go more North you could try to see the Northern lights. When I was in Banff the people there told me sometimes you can see the Northern lights from places away from town, but you have much better chances of spotting them from about 2 hours North of Banff.

There's a gondola up there, skiing and dogsled riding

My want list: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My stuff for sale:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...

Seeking Sealed Refurbished by Nintendo games for Wii/U, (3)DS with red stripe
New SMB, New SMB+Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Pikmin NewPlay Ctrl, Mario 3D World, Kirby Epic Yarn
Need:MarioKart DS/Wii/8, Luigi U, Metroid Trilogy

Feb 11 at 10:36:23 AM
Quaze (114)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Lots to do in Vancouver, lots to do in Banff........but in between? Geez, slim pickins. I guess you'd be going through Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Revelstoke, and Golden. If you like old stuff there's the Revelstoke Railway Museum and the Kamloops Heritage Society, but other than that really it's gonna be the trip through the mountains (and trying to stay on the damn road) that is gonna be the biggest adventure. Hope you've got your snowies.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Feb 11 at 11:01:07 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Every1whocountsluvsNedFlanders (69)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: empire

Science World is pretty cool, the aquarium, Stanley Park. Gastown is awesome too but its near the ugly part of the city with the druggies so maybe not the best for kids.

Is that where ya go to get drunk, stoned and play space?

Get that hitter.

Feb 11 at 12:50:01 PM
empire (58)
(Nintendo World Champion 1990 1st place Nintendo World Championships 1990 World Champion) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Man you guys arent doin too well in the thinkin department, he said he's going in June

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 11 at 12:53:01 PM
Quaze (114)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: empire

Man you guys arent doin too well in the thinkin department, he said he's going in June

Can't front, I responded to the title and figured he's going on the weekend or some SHIT, you hear Banff at this time of year and don't figger someone'll be planning a trip for June lol.

That said, the drive is beauty in June. If you cut through Kelowna instead of Kamloops you can go by the kangaroo farm and hang out with some capybaras and wallabys, good times.

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Feb 11 at 2:44:20 PM
Gex (37)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Wow, big road trip. Are you guys very athletic?
If so there's tons of awesome trails for biking/hiking, white water rafting, canoeing, lots of waterfalls and super scenic sights to check out.
If you're into historical stuff, I'd stay in town and visit all the monuments and learn more about what's in the area there.

For the kids there are these outdoor amphitheater shows I highly recommend, they're hilarious outdoor theatre shows that incorporate a lot of audience participation; and it's totally free. They occur in the evenings, forget what days they're done. Probably the weekends/Thursday.

<<< My TurboGrafx 16 ISO

Edited: 02/11/2019 at 03:06 PM by Gex

Feb 11 at 2:53:38 PM
Wolfman (111)
(E-vard Zadams) < El Ripper >
Alberta
If you willing to take the scenic route (about 12.5 hrs) I have a secret spot along the way...

Aaaaaaa-Whoooooooooooooooooooo

Lots good to trade! > Click Here <

Feb 11 at 2:58:24 PM
Wheelcakes (13)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Tons of small trails along the way. You get great views and time to strech your legs which is always nice. Honestly there isnt much else from what i remember.

KDDK Player  

Feb 11 at 7:29:15 PM
Only_None (0)
(Dana M) < Tourian Tourist >
Alberta
Frank slide at Turtle Mountain is one of my favourite spots. Great interpretive center as well

Feb 11 at 8:58:31 PM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
Find your way to Vancouver island. Absolutely stunning place, one of the best places in the world.

Feb 11 at 10:03:16 PM
SUBSCRIBER
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
This should just be 2 days of driving, right?   https://bit.ly/2E5kDpS... It will probably end up being a 10-14 day trip. There is so much stuff like mountain biking I would love to do but kids ruin everything.