Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Govt Shutdown, Trump Wall, etc. political thread: skip if you don't like

Jan 10 at 9:22:08 PM
psychobear85 (59)
< Lolo Lord >
Nevada
Originally posted by: phart010

I'm not on either side of the wall debate but its pretty funny that Donald Trump actually said this in the past:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015719574912180...

Reminds me of this 

-------------------------
My WTB LIST 
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Edited: 01/10/2019 at 09:25 PM by psychobear85

Jan 10 at 9:47:18 PM
phart010 (6)
(Paul Hart) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: vladictivo

Building walls at this stage of humanity is immoral. Specially if you justify it based on lies. I live 80 miles south of the border, there isn't such crisis as Trump insists on. The way to solve migration is to improve the locals situation to avoid them getting out of their countries, you could make better use of billions of dollars creating jobs instead of a massive concrete wall, is idiotic.
I agree that a wall is more of a downstream solution and it is not addressing the root cause. If we lived in a more perfect world the root cause of the problems would get addressed. 

But I think that cannot happen practically as long as the US and Central American countries are sovereign nations with defined borders. US will spend its tax revenue to address problems within its borders and Central American countries will spend their tax dollars to solve problems within their respective borders. US government (should) not get involved with internal affairs and Central American countries  should not get involved with US internal affairs. 

I think from the US governments perspective, social/economic problems in Central American countries are known to be the root cause of the problem, but they consider it to be Central American countries responsibility to solve these problems. Whether you agree with this philosophy or not, I think this is how things are working for now.

And as cold-hearted, lazy or short-sighted as that may sound, what would be the alternative approach? World government??

My want list: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My stuff for sale:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...

Seeking Sealed Refurbished by Nintendo games for Wii/U, (3)DS with red stripe
New SMB, New SMB+Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Pikmin NewPlay Ctrl, Mario 3D World, Kirby Epic Yarn
Need:MarioKart DS/Wii/8, Luigi U, Metroid Trilogy

Jan 10 at 9:52:35 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Want to stop immigration? Don't make them want to leave. Its the only actual solution. Or we can fuck up so badly that they dont wanna come here. Thats always an option haha

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jan 10 at 10:02:25 PM
Brock Landers (54)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Didn't any of you guys ever watch Sicario and Clear and Present Danger? The obvious solution is to use the CIA to use the FBI to use Delta and Colombian commandos to murder all the Mexican cartels. And then you bomb all of the Colombian cartels. It's so simple!

Edited: 01/10/2019 at 10:03 PM by Brock Landers

Jan 10 at 10:44:56 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Richardhead (9)
< Kraid Killer >
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Originally posted by: Davec13

Being against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is in no way shape or form racist. The cry of everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view as a racist is ignorant.

The entire media machine pushing this sky is falling bullshit is putting this shut down into hyper spin. The employees are missing their first paycheck TOMORROW. How in the hell are they getting evicted already? How are state parks being turned into human shit hell holes? That is happening in California where shitting in the streets is legal, so I guess I can understand.

Being against illegal immigration isnt racist, but trying to cast all imigrants as rapist drug mules is.

I don't expect you to know the difference however, because you obviously cant tell the difference between transphobic and racist according to your super cool proud to be a racist shirt from that other stupid thread.

But hey, at least you got a dig in at California- now you can tell all your NRA buddies how you pwnd those libtard costal elites!

On the subject of walls-

Anyone who thinks building a fucking 2000 mile border is even a feasible construction project isnt worth the time arguing.  The logistics and planning behind it would be on a scale almost unimaginable.  Just wait until they try to come through texas and start taking peoples land, Im sure them small gov't types will just lay down and hand it over.  Who is going to supply the steel?  Not even for the "slats", for the rebar and the footings that will be required?  WHat aboput the concrete for the footings?  WHere are all those construction workers going to live, whiole the wall is built hundreds of miles from the closest town that can support them?  They wont be even able to find enough labor willing to work on it.

Maybe they can just hire some of those illegals from one of trumps clubs, I hear they work for cheap.

Holy SHIT........ I agree with MrWunderful???? I don’t even know who I am anymore. 🤯😜
This should be a pretty good post count thread. 

Jan 10 at 10:47:20 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Richardhead (9)
< Kraid Killer >
I have a few coworkers I'd trade for some "illegal" immigrants.
Just sayin'

Jan 10 at 10:54:20 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Richardhead (9)
< Kraid Killer >
As a matter of fact..... there are some NA member I'd trade for some "illegal" immigrants.

Jan 10 at 11:17:18 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (20)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Richardhead

As a matter of fact..... there are some NA member I'd trade for some "illegal" immigrants.

See you later, Jimtendo!

Jan 11 at 12:12:17 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (104)
(Douglas Glover) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Maybe if Americans didn't buy so much drugs it'd not be so profitable to smuggle it into the country.  

Jan 11 at 3:15:34 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Not touching the wall issue with a ten foot pole because political stuff can get messy REAL fast.

What I will say is the shutdown is a REALLY stupid way to go about trying to get your funding for it. Didn't Trump "promise" he'd make Mexico pay? Yeah why is he asking us for the money. Ugh...just UGH.

Anyways the only effect this would have on me personally is my SSI payments could be late going forward. Same with my EBT money. And my free insurance might have issues down the line too. Not sure. There is supposedly enough money here to pay for all those things and keep paying them because they are essential things. But payments could be late...supposedly. I read that. Not sure if it's true or not but it's not good if they're late. I depend on that money.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 11 at 7:45:37 AM
Davec13 (0)
(Dave W) < Crack Trooper >
New York

Being against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION is in no way shape or form racist. The cry of everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view as a racist is ignorant.

The entire media machine pushing this sky is falling bullshit is putting this shut down into hyper spin. The employees are missing their first paycheck TOMORROW. How in the hell are they getting evicted already? How are state parks being turned into human shit hell holes? That is happening in California where shitting in the streets is legal, so I guess I can understand.

Being against illegal immigration isnt racist, but trying to cast all imigrants as rapist drug mules is.

I don't expect you to know the difference however, because you obviously cant tell the difference between transphobic and racist according to your super cool proud to be a racist shirt from that other stupid thread.

But hey, at least you got a dig in at California- now you can tell all your NRA buddies how you pwnd those libtard costal elites!

On the subject of walls-

Anyone who thinks building a fucking 2000 mile border is even a feasible construction project isnt worth the time arguing.  The logistics and planning behind it would be on a scale almost unimaginable.  Just wait until they try to come through texas and start taking peoples land, Im sure them small gov't types will just lay down and hand it over.  Who is going to supply the steel?  Not even for the "slats", for the rebar and the footings that will be required?  WHat aboput the concrete for the footings?  WHere are all those construction workers going to live, whiole the wall is built hundreds of miles from the closest town that can support them?  They wont be even able to find enough labor willing to work on it.

Maybe they can just hire some of those illegals from one of trumps clubs, I hear they work for cheap.

I love your thought process. I don't agree with you so I'm a racist, transphobic, NRA member. Way to just lump my one statement into a nice "racist" statement, so you can freely disagree with me and feel high and mighty. That statement alone is the one major reason there is such division in the country. Instead of listening and talking you automatically go to "you are a racist" end of story no debating anything.

The trying to cast all ILLEGAL AlIENS as rapists and drug mules is also main stream media dog whistles.It has obviously worked though as a lot of undereducated people parrot that over and over again. Ill let you on a crazy secret Rapists and drug mules are not a race, so being against them isn't racist. I would think any person would be against anyone being raped, I guess I'm wrong. Here is an article from the huffignton post talking about the rape crisis of ILLEGAL ALIENS trying to cross the border.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/20...

Here is one from NPR.
https://www.npr.org/2014/03/23/29...

There are many many more like that if you care to look into the matter.

Building a 2000 mile wall isn't feasible? " The logistics and planning behind it would be on a scale almost unimaginable" I'm sure there is a wall somewhere that would disagree with that. That little wall in China is 13,000+ miles.

Jan 11 at 8:47:19 AM
MrWunderful (286)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

On the subject of walls-

I love your thought process. I don't agree with you so I'm a racist, transphobic, NRA member. Way to just lump my one statement into a nice "racist" statement, so you can freely disagree with me and feel high and mighty. That statement alone is the one major reason there is such division in the country. Instead of listening and talking you automatically go to "you are a racist" end of story no debating anything.

The trying to cast all ILLEGAL AlIENS as rapists and drug mules is also main stream media dog whistles.It has obviously worked though as a lot of undereducated people parrot that over and over again. Ill let you on a crazy secret Rapists and drug mules are not a race, so being against them isn't racist. I would think any person would be against anyone being raped, I guess I'm wrong. Here is an article from the huffignton post talking about the rape crisis of ILLEGAL ALIENS trying to cross the border.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-mi...

Here is one from NPR.
https://www.npr.org/2014/03/23/293449153/the-rarely-told-sto...

Building a 2000 mile wall isn't feasible? " The logistics and planning behind it would be on a scale almost unimaginable" I'm sure there is a wall somewhere that would disagree with that. That little wall in China is 13,000+ miles.

Did you read my post at all? Like actually read it ?  I never called you racist.  Guilty concience? You obviously have some hang up about being called racist, because you jump on the defensive immedietly. 

Just said you dont know the difference.  But you literally were proud of being racist showing off your cool shirt. I could quote your old post but I dont care. You have also said in the past that you were an NRA member. Maybe I will quote it later if Im bored. 

Nobody said anything about rapists being a race, but I suppose it fits into your deep state media narritive so its okay. Crazy how you just instantly start twisting what was said. 

Let me be clear- CALLING ALL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS RAPISTS AND DRUG MULES IS RACIST. 

Refering to black people as “dumb as a rock” and “low iq” DOG WHISTLE RACISM 

Being against illegal imigration- not racist 

Donald trump is racist, so are all the idiots at his rallies chanting “build that wall! Build that wall!”

PS. We dont have slave labor to build a 13,0000 mile wall for 2000 years (thanks joe) with no building code but its a cute talking point. 

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 08:59 AM by MrWunderful

Jan 11 at 8:52:33 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts

You do realize that little wall in China was built over the course of 2000 years right? The ming dynasty spent 200 years on their 3,700 mile portion of the wall with what is estimated to be over 1 million workers, many of them salves forced against their will to work on it and died building it. Modern technology could speed things up but you are still looking at likely 15 years or more. You guys underestimate so badly what would actually go into completing something like this and the success it would have.

By the time the wall is finished we would be dealing with much greater problems than why the wall was being built in the first place. Our country has much bigger problems than illegal immigrants. But let the fear mongering continue.

gamevaluenow

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 09:09 AM by xMaGuSx

Jan 11 at 8:53:01 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (104)
Ontario
This keeps on being one of those threads where I type something only to delete it lol.

Jan 11 at 9:03:51 AM
MrWunderful (286)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Gloves

This keeps on being one of those threads where I type something only to delete it lol.

Just say it man, as long as its not douchey you are OK. 

Pretty sure nobody is against securing our borders, its just the way Trump and his minions are going about it. Holding the Government hostage because some terrible blonde woman on Fox News called you a pussy? That’s inexcusable. There was already a bipartisan bill agreed to that would include $1.3 billion to beef up the security, but Trump felt embarrased so he we are. 

Mitch McConnell is single handedly destroying the republican party. 

Jan 11 at 10:00:55 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Pretty sure nobody is against securing our borders, its just the way Trump and his minions are going about it. Holding the Government hostage because some terrible blonde woman on Fox News called you a pussy? That’s inexcusable. There was already a bipartisan bill agreed to that would include $1.3 billion to beef up the security, but Trump felt embarrased so he we are. 

Yeah, at this stage (with a bill virtually identical to one previously passed by the senate not being voted on by the same senate) at least as much blame for the continued shutdown is squarely on Mitch McConnell as it is on Trump for being infantile.

2020 is going to get a lot of mileage out of hypocrisy on display this past month, and more than a few of those twits are going to get steamrolled.

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 10:01 AM by arch_8ngel

Jan 11 at 10:09:07 AM
andrew244 (41)
(Xevious Freak) < Meka Chicken >
South Carolina

Nintendo Power progress: 103/285

Jan 11 at 10:13:49 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (104)
Ontario

Honestly it's that I don't think I have anything actually of any help to say. Much of my thoughts on this I consider to be uninformed, and that's being totally honest with myself.

My primary issue is that a wall, or even better border control, feels like a band-aid solution to be considering the long-term. I'm not gonna be naiive and say (legitimately) that I think it's possible to do away with drugs in the States, but surely the worldwide stats regarding marijuana legalization among other things should lead to a conclusion more in-line with better health care, better laws surrounding drugs, and above all a bigger focus on mental health.

Like frankly I don't actually understand in the first place why drugs, ANY drugs, are an issue at all where the law is concerned. Here's where I get naiive but why is it the government's business to say that I am not allowed to buy drugs? I don't even do drugs myself, and I could hardly even be considered a dabbler in the weed scene (I have some edibles sitting on my desk at home untouched), but seriously - why? Why do people go to jail for possessing, or even selling, drugs? 

Jan 11 at 10:14:22 AM
MrWunderful (286)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Yeah, at this stage (with a bill virtually identical to one previously passed by the senate not being voted on by the same senate) at least as much blame for the continued shutdown is squarely on Mitch McConnell as it is on Trump for being infantile.

2020 is going to get a lot of mileage out of hypocrisy on display this past month, and more than a few of those twits are going to get steamrolled.

Let Trump look like the dumb shit who refuses to open the department of agriculture and IRS over a temper tantrum.  Congressional republicans are terrible at political theater, and its going to bite them in the ass Hard. I can only imagine if Clinton or Obama tried this shit lol Fox news talking heads would be screaming at the top of their lungs about abuse of power. 

It really is sad, what the republican party has turned into. Hypocrites and sycophants. 

Jan 11 at 10:36:37 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

From what I understand HUD housing assistance funds ran out on the 1st of January, leaving people who depend on that money to make rent in a lurch. Parks are closed so porta-potty toilets are overflowing with sewage. People are taking advantage of the lack of park rangers to vandalize parks: https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/s...

President Trump is a man bereft of imagination. With his natural ability to spin, he could've hammered out an agreement with Democrats for improved/expanded non-wall border security programs and declare after the fact that "it's a wall".

More border agents = Human wall
More drones and cameras = Technology wall

But nope, the man is fixiated on a physical structure. 

The only silver lining I can see in this whole mess is Trump is wasting his term and all his political capital on a foolish idea that will never see the light of day. I hate to think what Trump could've done with his personal charisma and authoritarian streak if he was actually compentent.

EDIT: Citation for my point on HUD:

"The Department of Housing and Urban Development sent letters to 1,500 landlords Friday as part of a last-minute effort to prevent the eviction of thousands of tenants. A lot of those tenants live in units covered by a HUD program that many agency officials didn’t realize had expired on Jan. 1 and that they are now unable to renew."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/na...

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 10:44 AM by teh lurv

Jan 11 at 10:46:09 AM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nebraska
One thing that is irritating me lately is that I'm seeing a lot of people (not here, just in general), who are saying we need to be less divisive and that we need to come together as a country, but then I see the same people supporting the ridiculous border wall idea. So, you want to come together with other people in your country, but not other people in the world? Why? It makes no sense to me. People are afraid of diversity and that's just a real shame.

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Jan 11 at 10:54:57 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
When people say "we need to be less divisive and come together as a country" they're really saying "people need to stop arguing and just agree with me".

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jan 11 at 11:02:21 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (104)
Ontario
Originally posted by: teh lurv

When people say "we need to be less divisive and come together as a country" they're really saying "people need to stop arguing and just agree with me".

Which is ironically quite divisive lol.

Jan 11 at 11:24:38 AM
CaliforniaGamingSD (27)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: teh lurv

From what I understand HUD housing assistance funds ran out on the 1st of January, leaving people who depend on that money to make rent in a lurch. Parks are closed so porta-potty toilets are overflowing with sewage. People are taking advantage of the lack of park rangers to vandalize parks: https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1083485729508995072?r...

President Trump is a man bereft of imagination. With his natural ability to spin, he could've hammered out an agreement with Democrats for improved/expanded non-wall border security programs and declare after the fact that "it's a wall".

More border agents = Human wall
More drones and cameras = Technology wall

But nope, the man is fixiated on a physical structure. 

The only silver lining I can see in this whole mess is Trump is wasting his term and all his political capital on a foolish idea that will never see the light of day. I hate to think what Trump could've done with his personal charisma and authoritarian streak if he was actually compentent.

EDIT: Citation for my point on HUD:

"The Department of Housing and Urban Development sent letters to 1,500 landlords Friday as part of a last-minute effort to prevent the eviction of thousands of tenants. A lot of those tenants live in units covered by a HUD program that many agency officials didn't realize had expired on Jan. 1 and that they are now unable to renew."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/as-sh...

I wonder how much he's actually hurting himself. He's in a semi-lame duck session with a democrat congress. He has too put up legislation that democrats agree with for things to get through. I don't know if he really wants the wall to be built, or he likes taking attention off other things, with this circus, while keeping his base revved up. If he was smart he would put up an infrastucture bill, the dems would vote for it. He could also probably get some more business nonsense through with all the corporate democrats in there.

Jan 11 at 11:26:52 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/12/central-america-mi...

Here is one from NPR.

https://www.npr.org/2014/03/23/293449153/the-rarely-told-sto...

Did you actually read those articles? Those are rapes happening TO female migrants as they are journeying, largely in their own countries or the countries that they are traveling through. The vast majority of the rapists are staying put and catching them as they come by. 

That's a different matter from the Trump dog whistle of "RAPISTS ARE FLOODING OUR COUNTRY EVERY DAY!"

Edited: 01/11/2019 at 11:29 AM by Tulpa