Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to get $100 off on a brand new Switch Deal expires on 6/17/2018.

Jun 13 at 1:36:41 PM
phart010 (4)
(Paul Hart) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
This deal ends on 6/17/2018.

I hope this deal will help some of the NA community that is reluctant to buy the Switch due to the pricetag.

Basically, all you have to do is hop onto craigslist and find an XBox One S for $150 or less. Then trade it into Gamestop for $250 credit towards a Brand New Switch. Add $50 plus tax and your total costs incurred are only $200 plus tax.

I don't know about you all, but where I live, I see XBox One S on craigslist for $150 fairly commonly. Maybe you can haggle it down even more. Just make sure the XBox works before you buy it. 
Gamestop deal

-------------------------
Seeking Sealed Refurbished by Nintendo games for Wii/U, (3)DS with red stripe
New SMB, New SMB+Luigi U, Pikmin 3, Pikmin NewPlay Ctrl, Mario 3D World, Kirby Epic Yarn
Need:MarioKart DS/Wii/8, Luigi U, Metroid Trilogy

Edited: 06/13/2018 at 01:41 PM by phart010

Jun 13 at 4:13:59 PM
teh lurv (117)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Holy crap, that is an excellent trade deal. I picked up my XBO S last Black Friday for $165 and while I enjoy the console, I'm seriously tempted to pack it up and bring it to Gamestop if they're gonna give me my money back plus $85.

My FS/FT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My Mario Maker Levels:
F498-0000-0040-2217 - Wall Slide or Die

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jun 13 at 5:57:28 PM
Davec13 (0)
(Dave W) < Little Mac >
New York
I got all my switch's from Dave & Buster's. I'm pretty good at a game that gives out a lot of tickets. Wednesday is half price games and all the buy $20 get $20 free codes I probably spend around $100 for each of the 4 switch's I traded tickets for. You could also hit up toys r us and grab a bunch of games to trade back to gamestop. I picked up 14 random ps4 games yesterday for $107.xx.

Jun 13 at 6:32:41 PM
pats1717 (882)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Random systems off craigslist would be one thing I would be hesitant about trading in at Game Stop

Jun 13 at 6:45:54 PM
captmorgandrinker (556)
(Vas ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: pats1717

Random systems off craigslist would be one thing I would be hesitant about trading in at Game Stop

x2

Even if it works, I would be worried more about it being stolen, then you're left holding the bag.

Jun 14 at 1:26:35 PM
teh lurv (117)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Catching up on the perpetual Gamestop thread over at CheapAssGamer, members over there gave a good tip to try and get a gift receipt for anyone taking advantage of this trade-in promo for a Switch. If for whatever reason you need to return the Switch, a gift receipt will ensure you get the full $300 back.

I've also read on that thread people taking the extra step of immediately exchanging their just-purchased Switches with gift receipts at another Gamestop for an XBox One X. So good tip for people who want to take advantage of the promo who might already own/don't want a Switch. 

My FS/FT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My Mario Maker Levels:
F498-0000-0040-2217 - Wall Slide or Die

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 06/14/2018 at 01:28 PM by teh lurv