Gloves (86)
(Douglas Glover) < Bowser >
Ontario
Originally posted by: wasg13

Originally posted by: Gloves

nd guys voting mbc and generic, I believe them to be wasted votes for right now as it seems like 5 guys are in line to be mod killed for not following the 4 posts in 48 hour guidelines

Gloves can you give us a ruling on mod kills for people not participating up to this point.

Some folks received warnings on Night 1. A second warning is a modkill.

4 posts every 48 hour Day period is not a lot to ask I don't think. Even if they're nonsense just to show the other participants that you are still hanging around.

who is on the list don't want to waste potential votes on people if they are just going to be killed anyway

Right now the only person who could actually be mod killed tonight is MasterBigCat if he doesn't hit 4 posts (I've not checked yet; I'll wait until end of day). Boosted didn't post on Day 1, but it was for not realizing the game had started. I am willing to give that a pass as Boosted has been more active since.

Anyway we can push back end times for days from now on past 6. I don't know where exeryone is located but it they are out west 6 pm NA time could be like 3 pm there time and if they work they aren't going to be able to communicate on last days like today.

If there is a better time that people can agree to, I'd be happy to change it. As it is, I have to rush home to accommodate 6pm anyway, so no hair off my back if it's a bit later. Why I do these things to myself I do not know.

-------------------------
I've started writing mini-reviews on games I've completed! Check my Backloggery below!

Jun 13 at 5:14:34 PM
wasg13 (67)
(Pokerock ) < Kraid Killer >
New Jersey
I mean usual is like 9 so its easier for most US based players sorry vex

Jun 13 at 5:16:59 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Personally, I think we should take inventory on who lost inventory. And if people want to own up to what they bought and from who, that only strengthens their ties to the town.

Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

So if we don't know what was bought from us until the following night, I guess I'll say I did not buy anything during the first night.

Or maybe the wolves don't want us to be transparent with each other...

haha, I don't want anyone to be anything... but if you and I are the only ones really going back and forth it's a little hard to question everyone else.  

Perhaps some other folk should speak up.

So, Loxx was hammering pretty hard on wasg trying to make him out to be a wolf. It was a bit strange that he was singling wasg out so much, but it was a very strange situation.

He makes the top statement urging people to state what they have bought/sold, then in the very next post makes the very fishy statement in the second quote. After that he comments about the wolves not wanting us to be transparent when he's being about as transparent as a brick wall. And then in the final quote, he kinda backpedals on his entire back and forth. Maybe he realized he was drawing too much attention. Maybe he realized he seemed suspicious. I don't know for sure, but Loxx is my top suspect.

WTB  |  FS
Originally posted by: Stryphos
Originally posted by: Foochie776

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

Jun 13 at 5:17:38 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
I think 9 or 10 would work great

WTB  |  FS

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

Jun 13 at 5:18:56 PM
Splain (22)
< Meka Chicken >
Arizona
I had voted MBC in the hopes that it would light a fire, but now that a modkill is an hour away, I'll pick someone else to vote. I'm not trying to distract from anyone else on the chopping block, I just think we're shooting ourselves in the foot by rewarding people who don't speak and punishing people who do. You can bet that if MBC shows up suddenly and posts 4 gibberish posts, I'm not letting him off the hook anymore. Same with anyone else who is under 4 posts.

**UNVOTE: MasterBigCat

Honestly the Metroid 2 thing is exactly the same as Adorabear's Dino Riki. It was suspicious until we found out what was going on, that neither one actually knows what's on their table. I wish there was a better mechanic for knowing what games we have, because this is forcing us to step away from the role-playing. We literally don't know what games we have right in front of us.

I'm going to re-read the entire day and then cast a vote.

Jun 13 at 5:19:55 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Note that if I do change the time, it won't come into effect until Day 3. I have to avoid changing such things mid day.

I've started writing mini-reviews on games I've completed! Check my Backloggery below!

Jun 13 at 5:22:18 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Splain

I had voted MBC in the hopes that it would light a fire, but now that a modkill is an hour away, I'll pick someone else to vote. I'm not trying to distract from anyone else on the chopping block, I just think we're shooting ourselves in the foot by rewarding people who don't speak and punishing people who do. You can bet that if MBC shows up suddenly and posts 4 gibberish posts, I'm not letting him off the hook anymore. Same with anyone else who is under 4 posts.

**UNVOTE: MasterBigCat

Honestly the Metroid 2 thing is exactly the same as Adorabear's Dino Riki. It was suspicious until we found out what was going on, that neither one actually knows what's on their table. I wish there was a better mechanic for knowing what games we have, because this is forcing us to step away from the role-playing. We literally don't know what games we have right in front of us.

You make a good point.

I will adjust the game notifications to the END of the Night, rather than earlier. Only after all actions have taken place will you know what you have.

Sorry if it was confusing as is, I'm trying some new things so there might be a few growing pains. Hopefully it's still fun regardless!

Jun 13 at 5:23:12 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Just so you bros know... I've got like one of the dopest games ever for sell.

Metroid II

Just throwin' it out there, guys.

This is the post that raised the first red flag for me, due to the fact that it's the only game he mentions he has for sale, he makes this statement kind of out of the blue, and it happens to be the game I bought from him last night. He also ignored my question about how many he had.

WTB  |  FS

What's an Apple Pippin?

Jun 13 at 5:29:50 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
I won't be able to post anymore before the end of the game day, so if I die, I suggest whoever has the power to look into Loxx tonight.

Also while reading back, I noticed adorabear claimed to buy Earthbound from Nert, and Generic claimed to have Earthbound among other expensive SNES games. I dunno if multiple people have the same game, or if everybody started with different games though.

WTB  |  FS

What's an Apple Pippin?

Jun 13 at 5:33:27 PM
Nert (55)
(Rob ...) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I can confirm that adorabear is not lying about getting earthbound from me. I don't know if that has anything to do with generic or not

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jun 13 at 5:40:36 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Splain

I also hope for a better mechanic for knowing what we have. I can understand not wanting to send a message everytime someone buys something from you, but maybe an end of night update with any games we no longer have? Since I never heard otherwise, I assumed I still had Dino Riki. Sounds like this happened with Metroid II and there may be other people confused with what they do and don't have as well.

Jun 13 at 5:51:51 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (96)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
I'm keeping my vote where it is. That last ditch effort makes it even more odd to me. The rest of you have a decision to make and quickly. It's a tie so we can either vote or let fate decide.

XBL: Puppywaffles IG: Puppy_waffles SC:MoldyOldCrow

Jun 13 at 5:53:59 PM
Splain (22)
< Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Ok, here's my vote and my reasoning.

**VOTE: ZeldaFan042

I get that he's on the chopping block and has to attack the other guy, but I don't feel like his arguments are good. The Metroid II thing comes up too many times, when we already know the source of the confusion. It's a non-issue. Yet it's still a sticking point for him. It's not weird that he didn't respond to the "how many" question, because it seemed to me like another harmless role-play question, like when I asked if anyone had any Game Boy games, and nobody responded to that either.

And of course I'm not going to fault him for encouraging other people to speak.

Is Loxx a little fishy? Yes. But there's a few people here that I narrow my eyes at, and I think Zeldafan is making a mountain of a molehill. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I like the plan of looking into Loxx tonight. Let's absolutely do that. I might even be able to help with that.

Jun 13 at 5:58:36 PM
wasg13 (67)
New Jersey
I want to cast a vote for loxx but zelda is suspicous as well loxx just more so to me. Might be for new guy reasons but i dont want to put to chance and see if its heads or tails to pick we need as a group tp do this and when only 6 of 16 are voting males it hard

Jun 13 at 5:59:54 PM
wasg13 (67)
New Jersey
You know what fucking it not defending zelda but

**vote:loxx

Jun 13 at 6:01:27 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Day 1 is over. I'll update once I get home. Half hour or so.

Jun 13 at 6:04:20 PM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (59)
< Bowser >
Massachusetts
Vote Loxx if it isn't too late.

Be water my friend. 

Jun 13 at 6:09:35 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

Vote Loxx if it isn't too late.

Too late.

Jun 13 at 6:21:47 PM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

I'm keeping my vote where it is. That last ditch effort makes it even more odd to me. The rest of you have a decision to make and quickly. It's a tie so we can either vote or let fate decide.

When you tell me to explain myself then call it odd when I explain myself for you 🤔

Good job lynching vt guys

WTB  |  FS

What's an Apple Pippin?

Jun 13 at 6:22:23 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Day is over. Stop posting. Come on.

Jun 13 at 6:30:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Shit, I was gonna vote myself too...

How ya friggen doin there bud?

Currently Playing - Xenon Gears 2 on Skrinch

Jun 13 at 6:46:12 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Watch me pick your lynch:

twitch.tv/glovesoffgames

Edited: 06/13/2018 at 06:51 PM by Gloves

Jun 13 at 6:54:25 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (96)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee

Watch me pick your lynch:

twitch.tv/glovesoffgames

Chat won't load but I'm here with you.

XBL: Puppywaffles IG: Puppy_waffles SC:MoldyOldCrow

Jun 13 at 7:25:24 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Day 2 Ends

An annoyingly familiar bell sounds as all of the television sets throughout the convention center flip from various ads and news shows over to a definitely TOO familiar face.

*ding... ding... ding...*

Hello, and welcome to Gloves Off Ga... wait, wrong show...

Gloves is interrupted abruptly by some loud yelling in the hall. Fingers are being pointed back and forth at Loxx and ZeldaFan as differing opinions collide in an all-out yell fest.

Whoa whoa whoa, what's going on here!? What's all the hullabaloo aboot?

ZeldaFan and Loxx get into a pushing fight as nobody can decide which of them should go, when Nert arrives on the scene to put a stop to it. Nert gets between the two, trying to put an end to the arguing, when wasg at the very last second points a heavy hand toward Loxx, declaring that he is hella suspicious.

Loxx takes a step back and trips, falling onto his backside. An audible *CRACK* fills the hall as the rest of the participants look on in silence. A broken cart falls out of Loxx's back pocket, and one of the participants immediately recognizes it, and Loxx, for what they are.

"HEY! That's my Dino Riki cart! That Spoiled Brat stole that cart from me!"

Gloves on the screen is seen shaking his head.

*tsk tsk tsk* Well we can't be having any thefts going on, that's just not right. You've all come here to buy buy buy, not steal steal steal! I'm afraid I'm going to ask you to leave, Loxx. Where is your guardian?

Nert steps forward, a blank look on his face.

"I am responsible for this child. I was unaware of his actions, but I take full responsibility for them. I will see that his parents scold him. Let me just... pack my things..."

As Nert packs up his booth, the other convention-goers notice something odd... where were the screws in Nert's games?

Oh well... not our problem any more.

Well! That was an eventful... *looks at clock*... last hour or so of the day. If you were all so active the whole day, then we'd have a game going by golly!

*click*

Night 2 starts now! You have until 9pm EST on Thursday to buy and sell games (and send me other such night actions!). I'll have one of my men bring your boxes to your booths (look for a PM from me in the very near future!).

Loxx O))) has been lynched.

They were: Spoiled Brat (Town Alignment)

You’re a bit underaged for our convention, but luckily your parents have decided to let you attend as long as you stick with your babysitter. You really want to collect as many games as you can, but I doubt your babysitter will be buying anything for you, so you'll have to use some other method to obtain your carts...

Before the end of Day 1, you must choose a player; this player will be your sitter and if either of you dies, the other will die also. You and your sitter will have a shared thread in which you may discuss the game, but you will not know each other’s role or alignment.

Each night you may choose a player to steal a game from. This will have some effect on the game, depending on the role of the person from whom you’re stealing.

You win the game when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Nert has been evicted, as Loxx's chosen sitter.

They were: Chinabot 3000 (wolf alignment)

A deadly robot from the factories of China; you are a cheaply made, yet deadly contraption. 

If you make the Repro Makers’ night kill, you will send out a beacon which will monitor the happenings across the entire convention hall. You will be provided the names of all of the participants who’s booths are visited in the night. Your beacon takes two nights to recharge before you may use it again. (For instance, if you use it on Night 1, you can’t use it again until Night 4)

You win the game when the Repro Makers have a majority of the booths at the convention.

Edited: 06/13/2018 at 07:25 PM by Gloves

Jun 13 at 7:37:27 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
UPDATE

Per request, I am pushing back the start/end time to 9pm EST. This will take effect immediately, so you all have until 9pm tomorrow to get me your night abilities. This makes the most sense I think, since it'll be a much better time for me to make updates, and give you all a bit more time after the "typical" work day to get your words in.