Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Werewolf XIV: GameTradeCon Carnage Game Over - Wolves Win

May 24 at 9:14:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
(Douglas Glover) < Bowser >
Ontario

Gloves Inc. is happy to introduce GameTradeCon, the first annual retro game trading convention at our newly open GTC Center! Come one, come all, buy, sell, and trade your games with our free booths open to the public! 

Participants:

1. GoldenEyeGamer
  2. Nert
  3. ZeldaFan042
  4. MasterBigCat
  5. zi
  6. Adorabear
  7. Generic
  8. hybrid
  9. wasg13
  10. PuppyWaffles
  11. Loxx O)))
  12. Boosted52405
  13. xMaGuSx
  14. doner24
  15. Vectrex28
  16. Splain
  17. NESfanatic
  18. sadikyo (replaced by fox)
    1. ​fox
  19. MrPeaPod (replaced by TheToxieRules)
    1. TheToxieRules

-------------------------
I've started writing mini-reviews on games I've completed! Check my Backloggery below!

Edited: 06/22/2018 at 10:25 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:14:40 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Vote/Death History

Here you may see the history of eligible votes and unvotes, along with color coded names for those who have left the convention (been "killed" in one way or another).

Note: In the event of a tie in votes at the end of the day, the one who leaves the convention will be randomly picked via a "coin toss" between the tied parties.

Day 1

1. Loxx O))) voted for GoldenEyeGamer (1)
  2. GoldenEyeGamer voted for Loxx O))) (1)
  3. zi voted for PuppyWaffles (1)
  4. PuppyWaffles voted for Vectrex28 (1)
  5. hybrid voted for Splain (1)
  6. wasg13 voted for fox (1)
  7. ZeldaFan042 voted for GoldenEyeGamer (2)
  8. zi unvoted PuppyWaffles (0)
  9. zi voted for fox (2)
  10. PuppyWaffles unvoted Vectrex28 (0)
  11. PuppyWaffles voted for zi (1)
  12. fox was lynched via Random Selection between fox and GoldenEyeGamer

Night 1

1. NESfanatic was Killed
  2. zi was Repro'd

Day 2

1. Boosted52405 voted for ZeldaFan042  (1)
  2. hybrid voted for Loxx O)))  (1)
  3. Nert voted for Generic  (1)
  4. PuppyWaffles voted for ZeldaFan042  (2)
  5. Splain voted for MasterBigCat  (1)
  6. ZeldaFan042 voted for Loxx O)))  (2)
  7. Splain unvoted MasterBigCat  (0)
  8. Splain voted for ZeldaFan042  (3)
  9. wasg13 voted for Loxx O)))  (3)
  10. Loxx O))) was lynched via Random Selection between Loxx O))) and ZeldaFan042
  11. Nert was evicted as Loxx O)))'s babysitter (passive ability)

Night 2

1. PuppyWaffles was Killed
  2. ZeldaFan042 was Repro'd

Day 3

1. wasg13 voted for generic (1)
  2. Splain voted for generic (2)
  3. Splain unvoted  generic (1)
  4. Splain voted for TheToxieRules (1)
  5. doner24 voted for TheToxieRules (2)
  6. xMaGuSx voted for TheToxieRules (3)
  7. wasg13 unvoted generic (1)
  8. wasg13 voted for TheToxieRules (4)
  9. doner24 unvoted TheToxieRules (3)
  10. doner24 voted for Vectrex28 (1)
  11. wasg13 unvoted TheToxieRules (2)
  12. wasg13 voted for Vectrex28 (2)
  13. TheToxieRules voted for wasg13 (1)
  14. xMaGuSx unvoted  TheToxieRules (1)
  15. xMaGuSx voted for Vectrex28 (3)
  16. Vectrex was lynched
  17. generic was booted for Inactivity

Night 3

1. wasg13 was Killed
  2. xMaGuSx24 was Repro'd

Day 4

1. Adorabear Exploded
  2. doner24 voted for MasterBigCat (1)
  3. TheToxieRules voted for Splain (1)
  4. Boosted52405 voted for TheToxieRules (1)
  5. GoldenEyeGamer voted for MasterBigCat (2)
  6. hybrid voted for MasterBigCat (3)
  7. Splain voted for MasterBigCat (4)
  8. MasterBigCat was Lynched via Majority Vote

Night 4

1. hybrid was Killed
  2. doner24 was Repro'd

Day 5

1. TheToxieRules voted for Splain (1)
  2. Splain voted for TheToxieRules (1)
  3. Splain unvoted TheToxieRules (0)
  4. Splain voted for Boosted52405 (1)
  5. Boosted52405 was lynched via Random Selection between Splain and Boosted52405

I've started writing mini-reviews on games I've completed! Check my Backloggery below!

Edited: 06/22/2018 at 10:29 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:15:00 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
1.] Object of the Game
Werewolf is a battle between an uninformed majority (the town) and an informed minority (the werewolves.) The town must work together to uncover and lynch the werewolves. The werewolves must work to mislead and take out the town while remaining hidden.

On the first day each player will be given a pm saying which side they are on, and if they have a special role. The game contains two cycles. Each day will consist of the Day Cycle and the next day a Night Cycle.

2.] Game Days and Game Nights

Game Day
Unless otherwise stated by a mod, the Game Day will last 48 hours, or 2 full days. Players may post freely in the main WEREWOLF XIV thread. During this period, players are encouraged to remove a player from the game by casting a majority vote in which player to lynch, or remove permanently from the game. Once night falls and the Day Summary as been posted, nobody is allowed to post in the main thread until the beginning of the next Game Day. The game day ends when 51% or greater of votes are cast or when the day duration ends, whichever comes first.

For example, if there are 12 players, 7 votes are needed for a lynch, which will end the day.

Game Night
Unless otherwise stated by a mod, the Game Night will last 24 hours, or 1 full day. During this period, any player with a night role may choose to use their skills by PM'ing the Host (Gloves) before the end of the night.  Night Summary will be posted and will begin the next Day.

3.] Voting
Voting can happen at any time during the Game Day as long as your character is allowed to speak. To vote, all you need to do is either bold your vote like this:
  • VOTE: Gloves
or by using asterisks (*) like this:

• **VOTE: Gloves
Failure to do either will result in the vote not being counted.

Note that in this game a No Lynch is a valid vote, should you feel strongly about it. In order to not drag days on and on, I am implementing it in the same way it's usually implemented. It works the same as a vote for a lynch - if a majority vote in favor of a no vote, the day will end immediately and Night will begin.
  • VOTE: No lynch
  • **VOTE: No lynch

You may also change your vote anytime you'd like, except when the final vote for the day occurs. Unvoting does not need to be in the same post as a vote. To unvote, follow the guidelines above for voting:
  • UNVOTE: Gloves
  • **UNVOTE: Gloves
Failure to do so will result in the unvote not being counted and all other votes during the Game Day to be invalid.

In the event of a tie in votes at the end of the day, the one who leaves the convention will be randomly picked via a "coin toss" between the tied parties.

4.] Posting
Unless otherwise stated by the Host, all posting will cease at the time of the last lynch vote no matter if the Host is around or not.

Do not quote verbatim anything from the Host. You may paraphrase, reword, summarize, etc. any messages, but nothing can be a direct quote.

Private Messages, Deleting Posts, and Editing Posts are all are a no-no.

5.] Death
Death is permanent. While your character is in a death state, you may not post in the main thread under any circumstances until the game is over. This includes bumps, vote counts, etc.

6.] Inactivity
You must post at least twice every 48 hours.  “Sorry, been busy” or other prod dodging posts will not be counted.  If you know you will be unavailable during extended periods please message the Host (Gloves) in advance.

This is ignored for short game days (less than 48 hours).

7.] Clarification of Rules, Roles, etc.
If there's some clarification on the rules that you'd like from the GM, you may ask in the main game thread. Please use @Gloves

If you need clarification on a role or anything that might identify you in any regard, it would benefit the player to contact the GM via Private Messaging

Edited: 06/16/2018 at 01:06 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:15:19 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Mechanics

• The town CAN no-lynch
  • Whenever a character is removed from the convention their role information will be revealed
  • Each of you has an ongoing collection of video game carts; these will change hands during the Night, and may effect the game depending on who has what!
  • No posting in this thread AT ALL during the Night
    1. Wolves may chat in their thread at night
    2. Anyone in any sort of private thread (provided by me) may continue to chat in those threads during the night
  • Do NOT under ANY circumstances talk to ANYONE about the game, outside of the designated thread(s)
    1. Do not PM people
    2. Do not chat on Discord about it
    3. Pretend that as far as the rest of the world is concerned, this game does not exist
  • For the sake of roleplaying, consider the term "Repro Makers" as the stand-in for "Werewolves" for this theme
    1. You may say "wolves" and "town" all you like, no problem
    2. This is purely for flavor, and if you want/can stick to it for fun, that'd be great!
  • If you have any questions at all about how the game works, PM me

What can you expect from this version of Werewolf?

• GameTradeCon is what it sounds like - a video game trading convention! Think of it as like a fancy flea market. The theme and narrative will follow along these lines, but something tells me that there may be some trouble with repros; we'll have to keep a sharp eye out to catch people trying to cheat the system and our attendees out of their hard-earned cash money dolla dolla bills y'all!
  • Every man a role!
    • Well ok maybe not quite SO crazy; but EVERYONE will have a night action they can choose to perform, and these interactions will effect both the narrative, and the flow of the game.
    • Even "Vanilla Townies" can participate in the nighttime fun! Grow your game collection and see what happens; buy games, get stuff! You have a chance as an individual to effect the outcome of the game in a big way!
  • Game collection?
    • GameTradeCon is all about buying and selling your games. Set up your booth and store your games in our state of the art wooden shelves! They're made of wood!
    • As the game progresses, games will change hands. This will all be tracked, and hey who knows - maybe you'll find yourself with a wicked cool collection that makes you the belle of the ball!
    • Or it won't have any effect, who knows! It IS Werewolf still, with lynches and night kills and mostly typical roles, so maybe you'll lynch the wrong guy and bust the whole system, we'll have to see!
  • Multiple potential win conditions!
    • These are tied to roles, but as I've alluded to - your individual decisions will inevitably shift the power one way or another, and if the bar tips too far... well we'll have to see what happens now won't we?
  • Balanced and fun gameplay for all!
    • I've approached this with the mindset of "would I be ok with being this role?" for every single role in the game. I've tried to make it so that everyone will be able to have something to think about each day in addition to the typical "Who do I think is scum", while balancing it with not being too distracting. You'll have choices to make, but really it shouldn't negatively effect the "Werewolf" aspect of the game at the core of it all.

Edited: 06/17/2018 at 11:10 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:15:38 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
reserved

Edited: 06/08/2018 at 03:18 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:15:53 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
reserved

May 24 at 9:16:40 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Get your cosplay outfits and toss your games in the back of the truck and get on down to GameTradeCon 2018!

Who's in!?!?

Signups are now open - reserve dat booth!

Edited: 05/24/2018 at 09:16 PM by Gloves

May 24 at 9:21:11 PM
GoldeneyeGamer (25)
(Donald H) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
I'm in!

My Sales Thread and something different from a paperclip are both here.
Everything I want at the moment's listed here.
Owner of post 5001 in the Aquarius thread and 4200 in the Inner Circle HQ (Sure, why  not?)

May 24 at 9:22:28 PM
Nert (55)
(Rob ...) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Fuck this theme sounds really cool.

I'll join

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

May 24 at 9:49:36 PM
GoldeneyeGamer (25)
(Donald H) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Gloves

Get your cosplay outfits and toss your games in the back of the truck and get on down to GameTradeCon 2018!

Who's in!?!?
Done and done

My Sales Thread and something different from a paperclip are both here.
Everything I want at the moment's listed here.
Owner of post 5001 in the Aquarius thread and 4200 in the Inner Circle HQ (Sure, why  not?)

May 24 at 9:51:37 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: GoldeneyeGamer

Who's in!?!?
Done and done

Awww yeaaahhhhh. 

May 25 at 2:00:50 AM
ZeldaFan042 (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Dakota
I'm down

WTB  |  FS
Originally posted by: Stryphos
Originally posted by: Foochie776

What's an Apple Pippin?
Remember in the Fellowship of the Ring when Aragorn threw that piece of fruit and hit him in the head after asking for second breakfast?  Yeah, that's an apple.

May 25 at 9:53:16 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: ZeldaFan042

I'm down

Welcome to the game my dude, glad to have you!

May 25 at 12:08:49 PM
MasterBigCat (1)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I'm in.

May 25 at 2:00:15 PM
Yoshi (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I would like to participate, especially with this unique theme, but I'll have to pass on this iteration of werewolf. I have a lot of travel ahead of me in the upcoming weeks.

May 25 at 2:12:49 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Yoshi

I would like to participate, especially with this unique theme, but I'll have to pass on this iteration of werewolf. I have a lot of travel ahead of me in the upcoming weeks.

When will you be back? We may not start until you're back depending on how many people sign up and how quick/slowly.

May 25 at 4:18:30 PM
Yoshi (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio

When will you be back? We may not start until you're back depending on how many people sign up and how quick/slowly.

To be honest, I'm not sure. As things stand now, I will be in and out through mid July.

May 25 at 4:19:49 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario

To be honest, I'm not sure. As things stand now, I will be in and out through mid July.

Oh damn, that's a long time! Well, enjoy!

May 25 at 4:20:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zi (71)
(T Rags) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
in. PIKACHU ATTACK!

8 Bit Music For The 21st Century
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     What are you waiting for? Check out Bleep Bop!!!

May 25 at 4:27:30 PM
Yoshi (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio

Oh damn, that's a long time! Well, enjoy!

Thanks Gloves, I'll be sure to! At least its not all work-based this time around.  

May 25 at 4:54:49 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Originally posted by: zi

in. PIKACHU ATTACK!

Welcome, pal!

May 26 at 1:55:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (86)
Ontario
Need more people! Don't be shy even if it'd be your first time, it's a fun game and we're very welcoming to newbies!

May 26 at 2:10:11 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Crack Trooper >
British Columbia
I'm in  

May 26 at 4:20:10 PM
Generic (27)
(Eric ) < Kraid Killer >
New Mexico
Count me in

Originally posted by: alekx

your a nintendo collector, its not a lady killer hobby... Try selling drugs or settle for an ugly chick.

May 26 at 10:12:05 PM
hybrid (42)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I'm in