Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Poll of the Day 4-16-18 Marvel or DC films?

Apr 16 at 10:24:34 AM
Quack (66)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Who ya got???

-------------------------

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 10:25 AM by Quack

Apr 16 at 10:27:34 AM
D~Funk (75)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
Marvels got a lot of great characters but it doesnt get much better than Batman and Superman!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 16 at 10:30:12 AM
Paul (226)
(Paul ) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I'd go with Marvel, as DC just hasn't been making good movies..

and Marvel has solid casting for their characters, DC has a few good ones, but Ben Affleck as Batman? ? ?????

Should have offered Christian Bale like 10000000 BILLION dollars to come back as Batman!

Apr 16 at 10:36:32 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
DC for sure. Seems like every Marvel movie is the exact same plot and they just switch out the names of characters to make it a different movie. Admittedly, I thought Thor: Ragnorok and Sipder-Man Homecoming were both pretty good and shook it up a bit.

The DC movies are just fun action movies to me. Really over the top and pretty goofy/comic book-y at times and I like that. Also, each one seems to have a different vibe and stand out from the others. I like going into a DC movie not really knowing what I'm going to get.

And my opinion usually gets a lot of hate thrown my way.

Apr 16 at 10:39:48 AM
TDIRunner (15)
(Jon ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
I grew up as a DC kid, and I still think the DC characters are a lot more interesting, but it's very hard to defend the current state of the DC Extended Universe. They have so much to work with, and so much potential, but they can't seem to do anything right.

EDIT
I'm only referring to the MCU vs. the DCEU.  

If we are talking all movies, then the Burton and Nolan Batman movies alone put DC in the lead.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 01:52 PM by TDIRunner

Apr 16 at 10:55:19 AM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Marvel.

DC characters always struck me as overpowered, or very inconsistently powered.

Certainly with the movie/TV story universes, Marvel has done a much better job of tying things together and managed to tell more entertaining stories in the process.
(though there are so many of them that a couple, at least, are "miss-able" and don't measure up)

Also, another vote for Marvel, was that prior to the movies (and not really having grown up reading much of the comics), I never would have imagined Thor could be a genuinely interesting character.
-- my only childhood exposure to him as a Marvel character was in the Hulk TV show fighting against Lou Ferrigno, where is not represented very well  

Don't get me wrong -- I enjoyed the Batman Animated Series plenty, as a kid -- but current movie and TV story universes, the comparison isn't even close.

Apr 16 at 10:56:09 AM
dra600n (292)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
For comics? Marvel. DC sucks.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 16 at 11:23:49 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Marvel all day. Batman keeps DC on life support, movie wise. Even the crap Marvel movies like Guardians are done better.

Slightly...

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Apr 16 at 11:29:47 AM
Br81zad (95)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Marvel all day. Batman keeps DC on life support, movie wise. Even the crap Marvel movies like Guardians are done better.

Slightly...

I enjoy the Guardian films better than the Thor films. (only exeption being Ragnorok, but that one felt like a Guardians movie somehow)

Apr 16 at 11:47:46 AM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Marvel.

Guardians was actually my favorite Marvel movie.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Apr 16 at 11:55:56 AM
Quack (66)
Florida
Originally posted by: dra600n

In the FILMS    

Apr 16 at 12:08:00 PM
dra600n (292)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Quack

Originally posted by: dra600n

In the FILMS    

If the source material sucks.... 

If it’s a choice between those 2, I’ll never pick DC. For films in general, I’d rather watch paint dry than anymore super hero movies. 

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 16 at 12:20:02 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Live Action? Marvel by a decent margin. They've had misfires (Iron Man 2) and quite a few have annoying plot holes, but for the most part they're entertaining. Even the non-Marvel Studios movies had some good X-men and early Spider-Man films, and Fox's Deadpool was a nice surprise.

The DC movie universe had one good film (Wonder Woman) and a bunch of lousy ones that show the "too many cooks" issues in spades. The older "good" DC films (prior to the Nolan trilogy) are a bit creaky.

Animated? DC by a huge margin. Those are some of the best superhero/comic book adaptations ever made, with only a couple of clunkers. Marvel is severely behind on that front.

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 12:21 PM by Tulpa

Apr 16 at 12:23:31 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Didn't even think about animated movies. The only ones I've ever bothered with were DC ones and I only saw a few. What I do hear is that DC animated movies are great for the most part and never hear mention of Marvel's animated stuff.

I guess I've just never really been a fan of Marvel in general. When I think back to being a kid and reading comics it was mainly Batman, The New Teen Titans, JLA, Green Lantern and random stuff like Booster Gold and Red Tornado. Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, and Iron Man were in there a little bit, though.

Apr 16 at 12:27:11 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))
 What I do hear is that DC animated movies are great for the most part and never hear mention of Marvel's animated stuff.

Marvel had a couple of good ones. The Hulk Vs movies (Hulk Vs Thor and Hulk Vs Wolverine, two 45 minute movies packaged together) are very good, and Hulk Vs Wolverine had what many fans considered THE definitive Deadpool adaptation for a long time. I think they're worth a look. Though Hulk Vs Thor's Loki and Thor are a bit one note compared to the live action counterparts.

Marvel hasn't really made one since 2011, though. I think the live action stuff stole all the focus.

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 12:30 PM by Tulpa

Apr 16 at 12:28:29 PM
Natty Bumppo (1)
< El Ripper >
Colorado
I like both - but keep in mind that I haven't read comics since the silver age and then it was mostly DC stuff.
The only thing I find problematic is that they keep adding sequels that eventually beat that character/characters to death. Batman got so dark that it was is now mostly a travesty of the earlier more light-hearted ones - I mean Danny DiVito as the Penguin - right up there with Anthony Burgess in same role on the tv series.

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"

-----------------------------------------------

"Dirac Angestun Gesept"  wants you!!  

Apr 16 at 12:34:29 PM
Quack (66)
Florida
Another poll will be coming tomorrow about which makes the better TV shows...that should be a good debate as well.

Apr 16 at 12:46:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (90)
(Douglas Glover) < Bowser >
Ontario
Marvel are probably more entertaining, but I've honestly not watched an actually memorable comic book movie since Batman Returns, so I'll give it to DC.

gamevaluenow
Get the value of your games at gamevaluenow.com
Developer

Apr 16 at 1:14:25 PM
RabbidRabbit (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Paul

I'd go with Marvel, as DC just hasn't been making good movies..

and Marvel has solid casting for their characters, DC has a few good ones, but Ben Affleck as Batman? ? ?????

Should have offered Christian Bale like 10000000 BILLION dollars to come back as Batman!
Dude Christian Bale reminded me of Pee Wee Herman in a Batsuit. I had a hard time taking The Bat seriously. I couldn't even get past the first movie with Bale. I really want to see the one with The Joker to see how Heith did. I heard he was good but not impressed with what I have seen. It's so hard to watch Paul Reubins, I mean Bale as The Bat. As far as Affleck as The Bat, I just saw Justice League and wasn't impressed with him or the guy that played The Flash. Superman was okay and Wonder Woman, although pertty hot, failed as living up to Amazon woman should look like. They should have casted a Lady that was just as tall as the others. Aquaman was okay but I like that guy he used to be on Stargate: Atlantis. 

Hell Silent Bob would make a better Batman than both Bale and Affleck. 

Apr 16 at 1:21:09 PM
Quack (66)
Florida
Don't forget the older DC movies too, that makes it a tougher choice. If it was just the recent crop of movies, I'd pick Marvel in a heartbeat.

Apr 16 at 1:29:27 PM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Animated? DC by a huge margin. Those are some of the best superhero/comic book adaptations ever made, with only a couple of clunkers. Marvel is severely behind on that front.

I'm sure it's been awhile since they made new animated stuff of note, but the old Fox XMen cartoons and the animated series of Spiderman from the 90's are pretty definitive for the medium.

Apr 16 at 1:31:23 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I've tried going back to those old cartoons and I can't do it. A few years ago my wife actually watched the X-Men series in it's entirety but from the few episodes I saw I couldn't stand it.

Apr 16 at 1:40:11 PM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

I've tried going back to those old cartoons and I can't do it. A few years ago my wife actually watched the X-Men series in it's entirety but from the few episodes I saw I couldn't stand it.
Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've rewatched them.

But I remember the production quality being really good compared to other cartoons of the time.

Then again, rewatching Batman the Animated Series, I was struck by how much more disconnected the show was (in terms of characters having any kind of overarching plot lines) compared to what I remembered.

It's a fun show, taking each episode stand-alone, but I would have sworn it had a larger set of arcs like the animated Spiderman show or XMen.

It was pretty jarring.

Apr 16 at 1:44:46 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Batman is one that I do occasionally see (or hear at least) because my daughter enjoys it. I'd say it is pretty decent but yeah... everything is pretty stand alone in that series. It's been a while since I watched, but perhaps it went into more of a steady narrative when it switched over to The Adventures of Batman and Robin? I've got that season on DVD, I believe, but my daughter prefers the earlier ones.

Apr 16 at 2:03:30 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Krunch (142)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Neither! I loathe superhero films. I can't think of a worse way to spend my time and money.

eBay - http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nk...

#YKNOTK