Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Funky Foods what funky food do you like and what do you hate.

Apr 15 at 6:39:44 PM
dragonwarrior83 (21)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Bacon, egg, cheeseburger with both red and white onion, blue cheese, bbq sauce, 2 types of pickles, and a small layering of hash browns, maybe throw a sausage patty on there too.

-------------------------
Looking for the box and manual for dragon warrior 3 and a complete in case dragon warrior 7 for ps1.

Apr 15 at 6:39:59 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
(The User Formerly Known As Joseph Leo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: Yelir

My secret item at Wendy's is a Vanilla Frosty with extra pickles.

No offense, but thats effing gross. If i were hanging out with you id have to leave if you started eating that. Thats beyond the scope of weird. Mskes me gag thinking about it. I couldnt watch anyone eat that. Milk product and pickles? Wtf

Dill Pickle Soup? Fried pickles and ranch? Coleslaw & Pickles?

Dairy & Pickles can go well together...milkshake is gross but don’t say pickles and milk can’t mix

Thats all gross sounding

Wait really? Pickles and Coleslaw is a New Jersey staple as much as Taylor Ham and Egg...how about Buttermilk Fried Chicken sandwich with pickle slices and Mayo?
All this talk of pickles makes me really want some fried pickles. Texas Roadhouse has aweomse ones.

Because of all the pickle talk I made myself a Bloody Mary without liquor, plus pickle juice, a kosher dill pickle, lemon juice, with celery and olives.

Apr 15 at 6:43:51 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Hot pickles/ pickles on hot sandwhiches is nasty, soak through everything and ruin the sandwhich

Coleslaw might be a staple for you, but id rather just starve.

Ive tried fried pickles. It was in austin at a place famous fir them. I got one down and tried to keep it down since I was in public with friends. Was fighting the gag reflex.

Thing is phleo, i didnt say eating pickles on a sandwhich or things you mentioned was weird. Alot of people do. I think hot pickles are gross personally. My statement was mainly geared at the dude eating pickles in his frosty. That is absolutely disgusting.

NES  636 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158/163(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 06:48 PM by quest4nes

Apr 15 at 7:03:44 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
New Jersey
Dang, I can't imagine a real meal without sour something in it. Like I'll put straight up red wine vinegar on a steak if I have to   (then again I can't eat red meat anymore)

Apr 15 at 9:41:03 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Dang, I can't imagine a real meal without sour something in it. Like I'll put straight up red wine vinegar on a steak if I have to   (then again I can't eat red meat anymore)

I like vinegar and tart things. I do not like it mixed with mayo based anything and I dont like it hot on a sandwhich. I love A1 sauce, and cold hamburger chip pickles by themselves. Not in a frosty

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 15 at 9:46:38 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
New Jersey
You'd hate my special sandwich dressing then...

It's literally mayo mixed with olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, Italian herbs, black pepper, and cherry pepper relish.

Smear some of that in a nice lightly toasted sesame seed semolina bread, a hearty slice of tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce, boars head honey maple turkey, Genoa salami, fresh mozzarella, and medium rare roast beef and you've got my favorite sandwich on the planet.

Apr 15 at 9:54:21 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

It's literally mayo mixed with olive oil, a splash of red wine vinegar, Italian herbs, black pepper, and cherry pepper relish.

Smear some of that in a nice lightly toasted sesame seed semolina bread, a hearty slice of tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce, boars head honey maple turkey, Genoa salami, fresh mozzarella, and medium rare roast beef and you've got my favorite sandwich on the planet.

Youd really hate my sandwhich

Meat with mustard. Sometimes cheese. Preferably cheddar. On normal people bread.  All from probably a sandwhich place so I dont have to make it.

Pickles on side.

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 09:54 PM by quest4nes

Apr 15 at 9:57:05 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
New Jersey

Youd really hate my sandwhich

Meat with mustard. Sometimes cheese. Preferably cheddar. On normal people bread.  All from probably a sandwhich place so I dont have to make it.

Pickles on side.

Nothing like a good pastrami on rye bread with some spicy deli mustard and a pickled tomato in the side...or a roast beef on a bagel with gravy...or a Reuben with sauerkraut....hot dog is technically a sandwich too so hotdog with NY onions and mustard is good.

Apr 16 at 12:14:15 AM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (71)
(Sean W) < Ridley Wrangler >
British Columbia
I don't like mushrooms because of their texture, but I eat them anyways. I'm not keen on cold meat. Forget sushi.

Apr 16 at 10:42:28 AM
Natty Bumppo (1)
< El Ripper >
Colorado
I like mushrooms a lot - but I fail to understand the fascination with the varieties that cost a small fortune. I always scratch my head when I see some for $50 a pound at Whole Paycheck (er, Whole Foods).

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"

-----------------------------------------------

"Dirac Angestun Gesept"  wants you!!  

Apr 16 at 10:43:18 AM
rickrollcollector (131)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Funky you say? How about some Jello with meat and spices and a cold cooked boiled potatoes on the side?

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 11:12 AM by rickrollcollector

Apr 16 at 10:56:46 AM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: ALTQQ

I don't like mushrooms because of their texture, but I eat them anyways.

That seems like a tough generalization to make.

There is a really wide variety of textures of mushroom. .

Apr 16 at 10:59:08 AM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: rokubungi

are there any funky flavors that you enjoy or absolutely hate?
I will probably only ever eat Durian fruit one more time in my life and that will be to share the unpleasant experience with my wife and kids if we ever have a family trip to southeast Asia.

The only "normal" things I really hate would be:
a) flan -- but that is a texture thing (the stuff is like cold snot) rather than a flavor thing.
b) herring or other REALLY "fishy" fish  (tuna, salmon, cod, tilapia, whiteing, etc are all fine -- but any grade of herring unless it is salted/kippered into jerky tastes like the textbook description of trichomoniasis)

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 11:01 AM by arch_8ngel

Apr 16 at 11:06:43 AM
dra600n (288)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

I will probably only ever eat Durian fruit one more time in my life and that will be to share the unpleasant experience with my wife and kids if we ever have a family trip to southeast Asia.

a) flan -- but that is a texture thing (the stuff is like cold snot) rather than a flavor thing.
b) herring or other REALLY "fishy" fish  (tuna, salmon, cod, tilapia, whiteing, etc are all fine -- but any grade of herring unless it is salted/kippered into jerky tastes like the textbook description of trichomoniasis)

"Textbook description" suuuuuuuuure  

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Apr 16 at 11:19:00 AM
arch_8ngel (66)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

"Textbook description" suuuuuuuuure  

Given what I think of the taste of herring, and the clarity of the textbook description of trichomoniasis, I can say with 100% certainty that it is not something I would get involved with.

Apr 16 at 12:37:00 PM
Natty Bumppo (1)
< El Ripper >
Colorado
When I was living in South Dakota two staples of bar food were K Chips and pickled eggs.

K Chips were super thick salty dark colored greasy potato chips that pretty tasty when you were drinking beer - but otherwise you wouldn't want to look at them let alone eat them.

There would always be a jar of pickled eggs somewhere on the bar counter - they were pretty tasty but would often have some nasty aftereffects the next morning when combined with the (generally cheap) beer you drank.

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"

Edited: 04/16/2018 at 01:40 PM by Natty Bumppo

Apr 16 at 4:35:49 PM
Skorp (38)
(Bryan ) < El Ripper >
Texas
Maple syrup on eggs whites.. yummy. I am sure there is some people that do this, but mostly everyone I know gives me long stares.

I hate ketchup. I love tomatoes though.   Seeing people eat fries with ketchup makes me sick.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

*Coming soon. Site for all video game Not For Resale/Demos. PM me if you want to help out. Status: 70% done.*

Apr 17 at 2:36:10 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
At a pinic once, I accidentally dropped a powdered donut into some mustard that was left over on my plate. Never one to waste food, I decidedly took a bite. To my surprise, the combined flavor reminded of apple pie. I ate my powdered donuts with a dab of mustard for a few years following that discovery. Haven't done it in years, though, and am a little hesitant to revisit it.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Edited: 04/17/2018 at 02:37 PM by Webhead123

Apr 17 at 2:38:26 PM
Boosted52405 (469)
(Eric Bizzle) < King Solomon >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Skorp

Maple syrup on eggs whites.. yummy. I am sure there is some people that do this, but mostly everyone I know gives me long stares.

I hate ketchup. I love tomatoes though.   Seeing people eat fries with ketchup makes me sick.
C'mon man, ketchup is delicious, but tomatoes are gross!   

Apr 17 at 2:53:55 PM
captmorgandrinker (555)
(Vas ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Natty Bumppo

When I was living in South Dakota two staples of bar food were K Chips and pickled eggs.

K Chips were super thick salty dark colored greasy potato chips that pretty tasty when you were drinking beer - but otherwise you wouldn't want to look at them let alone eat them.

There would always be a jar of pickled eggs somewhere on the bar counter - they were pretty tasty but would often have some nasty aftereffects the next morning when combined with the (generally cheap) beer you drank.

The pickled egg jar must be a Midwest thing; I've been to smaller bars here that have them (and partook once)

Apr 17 at 4:01:51 PM
Natty Bumppo (1)
< El Ripper >
Colorado
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Originally posted by: Natty Bumppo

The pickled egg jar must be a Midwest thing; I've been to smaller bars here that have them (and partook once)

They are certainly an acquired taste - usually used as a rite of passage when out drinking with friends and one first consumes one as a challenge/dare.

As an aside,  midwest bars have some odd traditions - on bars within sight of a lake* there would always be  a junk car on the lake in the dead of winter - there would be a pool in the bar on what day in the spring the car would drop into the lake.   (I doubt they do that anymore.)

*Most common (for obvious reasons) in Minnesota and Wisconsin.   

Edited: 04/17/2018 at 04:35 PM by Natty Bumppo

May 15 at 2:39:02 PM
SUBSCRIBER
rokubungi (163)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

I hate hominy, or at least the kind I had prepared for me a long time ago. Smelt of garbage, so it was hard to go down without throwing up.

That garbage smell might have been tripe seasoning the hominy.  The same flavor I mentioned in my inital post. hominy itself has very little flavor or smell it's just lye processed corn. It's made to soak up other flavors, think of it as the Mexican equivalant of tofu.

May 15 at 2:53:17 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida

I hate hominy, or at least the kind I had prepared for me a long time ago. Smelt of garbage, so it was hard to go down without throwing up.

That garbage smell might have been tripe seasoning the hominy.  The same flavor I mentioned in my inital post. hominy itself has very little flavor or smell it's just lye processed corn. It's made to soak up other flavors, think of it as the Mexican equivalant of tofu.

If it is the tripe stuff, I'll re-try hominy... very hesitently... lol

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

May 16 at 4:57:03 AM
Daniel_Doyce (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Anyone else here ever try balut? Not too bad with a beer or two at a street food cart in Phils or Vietnam. I won't post a picture to spare those who may find it a bit too weird

May 16 at 5:00:35 AM
Daniel_Doyce (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina

Tripe shouldn't smell bad if it's cleaned properly. Maybe the nixtamalization of the corn makes hominy smell weird.

I love a bowl of pho with tripe, cartilage, and other tasty offal bits of a cow.