Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Funky Foods what funky food do you like and what do you hate.

Apr 10 at 8:49:33 PM
SUBSCRIBER
rokubungi (163)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
I tend to like strong flavors(not including capcacin, though I do like a little heat when it balances out) in foods but I found one I didn't care for today.  I like all sorts of fermented foods like miso,kimchi, fish sauce and other funky flavors like brie and bleu cheese but tried some menudo today and that organ funk coming off the tripe just was not something that I'll ever want to try again.

are there any funky flavors that you enjoy or absolutely hate?

Apr 10 at 11:07:55 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
French toast and gravy. Yum

Apr 10 at 11:12:50 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (75)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
I like to put ketchup on brownies and like to dip potato chips in applesauce

-------------------------
WTB:
Xyanide - Xbox - manual
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Apr 11 at 12:19:17 AM
NESfiend (22)
(Travis ) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

French toast and gravy. Yum

Is there anything Canucks dont like gravy on? I had some buddies from Canada in college and they loved that shit.

Edited: 04/11/2018 at 12:19 AM by NESfiend

Apr 11 at 12:24:43 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (85)
(Douglas Glover) < Bowser >
Ontario
I don't really like anything funky, but I hate Kraft Dinner.

I've started writing mini-reviews on games I've completed! Check my Backloggery below!

Apr 11 at 12:34:34 AM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
My secret item at Wendy's is a Vanilla Frosty with extra pickles.

Apr 11 at 12:39:46 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Miso is great. Fish sauce I'm so-so on, easy to overpower other flavors of a dish if you add too much. I love cheese like parmesan, feta, kefalotyri, kasseri...sharp and strong cheese I love. I grew up eating the cheese in my grandparents house (both Greek) so it was always there.

I just can't stand soft cheeses...like blue cheese. Oh god...I will NEVER touch the stuff. Brie is also on the list of cheeses I will never touch, right up there with that maggot one. Most fish I won't eat as well. And the thought of raw fish is stomach churning for me. Same with raw eggs (the texture!). I don't get how people can eat raw eggs.

But I'm a very picky eater...I know what I like and I tend to stick with that. I sometimes try weird Japanese foods because of my love of Japan and the culture...but past that I play it safe.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Apr 11 at 11:01:38 AM
Nesmaster (57)
(Trolling Thunder ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
No liver for this guy. No head cheese. Love pickled herring.

Apr 11 at 12:20:45 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I hate hominy, or at least the kind I had prepared for me a long time ago. Smelt of garbage, so it was hard to go down without throwing up.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Apr 11 at 12:47:12 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Yelir

No offense, but thats effing gross. If i were hanging out with you id have to leave if you started eating that. Thats beyond the scope of weird. Mskes me gag thinking about it. I couldnt watch anyone eat that. Milk product and pickles? Wtf

NES  636 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158/163(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/11/2018 at 12:47 PM by quest4nes

Apr 11 at 1:28:00 PM
BouncekDeLemos (79)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: quest4nes

No offense, but thats effing gross. If i were hanging out with you id have to leave if you started eating that. Thats beyond the scope of weird. Mskes me gag thinking about it. I couldnt watch anyone eat that. Milk product and pickles? Wtf

Yeah, I don't even do the fry and frosty thing. I just eat them separate (even though they all end up at the same place. lol)

Pickles are great though. I usually like the sweet pickles or bead and butter pickles, but people seem to think those are gross. 

I am the kind of dude who'd drink stright pickle juice or bbq sauce, so maybe I'm the gross one. hahaha

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Apr 11 at 2:59:27 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Yeah, I don't even do the fry and frosty thing. I just eat them separate (even though they all end up at the same place. lol)

Pickles are great though. I usually like the sweet pickles or bead and butter pickles, but people seem to think those are gross. 

I am the kind of dude who'd drink stright pickle juice or bbq sauce, so maybe I'm the gross one. hahaha

I like pickles but really only one type. Hamburger chip mt olive brand. Key is they have to be cold. Putting them in a frosty though makes me want to gag.

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 11 at 3:01:29 PM
Loxx O))) (18)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I think sweet pickles and bread and butter pickles are gross. Pretty much any other type I'm on board with. Do not like cold pickles. Turns me off real quick and upsets my wife that I don't refrigerate them.

Apr 11 at 3:39:03 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Im not too extreme, but everybody looks at me weird when I order a chocolate malt with banana. Always been my fav.

Edit: Wait!  I dip my green beans and my garlic bread in A1.

Edited: 04/11/2018 at 03:39 PM by Silverspoon

Apr 11 at 3:52:42 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Im not too extreme, but everybody looks at me weird when I order a chocolate malt with banana. Always been my fav.

Edit: Wait!  I dip my green beans and my garlic bread in A1.

A1 sauce is delicious. That sounds normal because it gets mixed with other stuff on the plate. I eat A1 with mostly every meat and use it instead of ketchup with french fries now.

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 12 at 8:18:43 PM
SUBSCRIBER
wesr (19)
< Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
I picked up my grandpa's habit of mixing all the food on the plate in a pile. He got it during boot camp and serving behind the lines in WW2 up in Austria and til the day he died he did it. I also put my mashed potatoes on my dinner rolls to make a sandwich, my mom says her mom did this but I don't remember that. I used to think I was odd for putting ranch on pizza but apparently that's a thing. I do put spicy mayo on more foods than i should.

Apr 12 at 9:52:03 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (17)
(JamsGobot ) < Kraid Killer >
Colorado
I invented the ham, cheese, and Doritos (nacho cheese of course) sandwich. The secret is to smash the sandwich so the Doritos stick into the cheese a little bit. Check it out!

Apr 12 at 10:26:02 PM
nintendopower (0)
(Hash-Slinging Slasher) < Crack Trooper >
Maryland
Candied bacon. I don't eat it often, but it's pretty good.

Apr 15 at 5:08:54 PM
SUBSCRIBER
rokubungi (163)
(The Guardian) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

I too am guilty of liking Bread and butter pickles.. I don't like vinegar in pickles unless they're sweet.  Real, natuarally fermented pickles don't need the sweet to offset vinegar.

Apr 15 at 5:14:30 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
(The User Formerly Known As Joseph Leo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Dill Pickle Soup? Fried pickles and ranch? Coleslaw & Pickles?

Dairy & Pickles can go well together...milkshake is gross but don’t say pickles and milk can’t mix

Apr 15 at 5:38:40 PM
Natty Bumppo (1)
< El Ripper >
Colorado
Lutfisk*

This is a traditional Scandinavian food made from fish - you have to soak it with water, soak it with a lye (yes - lye) solution and then leech out the lye with more water soaking. Then you can cook it. The whole process takes around 10 days. Scandinavian women (yes - they do tend to be kinda crazy) who do this have a dedicated set of cookware for this since it is hell on pots and pans.

The stuff actually is pretty innocuous to eat - kinda like eating library paste that is flavorless. But the whole process of making is so strange that it is off putting. (The other weird Scandinavian food that I had to endure (courtesy of my paternal grandfather) was hard dark yellow goat cheese that I suspect came over with Leif Erikson.)

*For the purists out there ready to jump me (and I know  I have fans that are out there monitoring me) lutfisk is the Swedish spelling whilst lutefisk is the Norwegian spelling. Depending on which group you are a member of, the other group is well known to be composed of stupid louts who can't spell.

"When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!"

-----------------------------------------------

"Dirac Angestun Gesept"  wants you!!  

Edited: 04/15/2018 at 09:21 PM by Natty Bumppo

Apr 15 at 5:46:40 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Dairy & Pickles can go well together...milkshake is gross but don’t say pickles and milk can’t mix

Thats all gross sounding

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 15 at 6:17:26 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
(The User Formerly Known As Joseph Leo) < Bowser >
New Jersey

Thats all gross sounding

Wait really? Pickles and Coleslaw is a New Jersey staple as much as Taylor Ham and Egg...how about Buttermilk Fried Chicken sandwich with pickle slices and Mayo?

Apr 15 at 6:27:09 PM
leatherrebel5150 (179)
(kyle sisco) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

Thats all gross sounding

Wait really? Pickles and Coleslaw is a New Jersey staple as much as Taylor Ham and Egg...how about Buttermilk Fried Chicken sandwich with pickle slices and Mayo?
All this talk of pickles makes me really want some fried pickles. Texas Roadhouse has aweomse ones.

Apr 15 at 6:28:46 PM
leatherrebel5150 (179)
(kyle sisco) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
I wouldnt call this a funky food per say. But if you ever get sweet and sour chicken from a chinese restaurant and they give you that tub of sweet and sour sauce (the reddish colored stuff) save it and dip pizza in it. Its awesome!!