Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2017 Secret Santa-ing thread Ho, Ho, Ho!

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:26:24 PM
Vectrex28 (128)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Japan
Since Santa sent all of the Secret Santa PMs, I thought it would be nice to have a little ongoing Secret Santa thread going on like we usually do  
Feel free to post anything SS-related here (except of course anything going against the rules of SS, obviously   ).
As a reminder, please wait until Christmas and the reveal thread to show off what you received.

Also, since it has happened in the past, negativity will not be tolerated in this thread.

Anyway, enough warnings and reminders, and time to get Secret Santa-ing!!! (I already have a few ideas for my recipient myself! I think he's gonna love it!!!)

-------------------------
"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 11/17/2017 at 05:32 PM by Vectrex28

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:37:47 PM
ugopoopy (29)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Vectrex28

Feel free to post anything SS-related here

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:46:03 PM
Katchii (21)
< Meka Chicken >
Florida
Originally posted by: ugopoopy

Originally posted by: Vectrex28

Feel free to post anything SS-related here

Yeah, think thats not quite what the meant... 

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:12:19 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
I'm going to have to do a little more research before I get anything for my ss. Lot of options and things I'm not too familiar with.

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:28:43 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (182)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Let the Secret Santa-ing begin!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e
My FS Thread: Click This.

Nov 17, 2017 at 7:46:23 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Foochie776 (229)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Found the perfect gift already.

May the force be with you.

Nov 17, 2017 at 7:49:52 PM
ugopoopy (29)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Katchii

Yeah, think thats not quite what the meant... 

Oops...

Okay but for real tho, I got a pretty easy one this year. Guy asked for a couple of cheap games, I put in some bids for em on the ebay. If I don't win em in the next few days I'll just buy em. Now all I gotta do is wait for the stores to start rolling out the candy canes and summer sausages and other extra christmasy goodies I can throw in there. Maybe a fruit cake. I gotta make a card too. Last year I made a bunch pearler bead sprite ornaments. I dunno if I'm gonna make that effort this year, it's pretty tedious and I've been exhausted with work lately. Either way I think my secret santee is going to be very happy.

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:58:00 PM
gutsman004 (122)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I love participating in Secret Santa!

My wacky WTB NES CIB thread. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:06:58 PM
oshfr (15)
< Little Mac >
Kentucky
Bah Humbug

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:08:37 AM
theirontoupee (51)
(I Need Exertainment ) < Bowser >
Wisconsin
Already replied to Santa about getting clarification on my recipient's request! Just wanna make sure I get the right things!

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Nov 18, 2017 at 12:50:33 AM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (73)
(Sean W) < Ridley Wrangler >
British Columbia
Wrapping up that stadium events tape right now
. Probably head out sat or Sunday to shop around

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:07:37 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
I thankfully had an easy one this year. I got someone who wants NES games and I just happen to have some sitting on my shelf that I was planning on selling. Started cleaning them up, I'll probably have them shipped out by next week. I have to find my tools though...they should be around here in this mess somewhere lol. I'll probably throw in some candy in a snack baggy, hopefully he'll be able to enjoy the candy...I'll put a few different ones just in case he has allergies to one or the other.

Need to find some wrapping paper...or make my own like I did last year since we don't wrap gifts in this house :/

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Nov 18, 2017 at 7:51:28 AM
GoldeneyeGamer (25)
(Donald H) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
My person asked for games for a few systems I don't collect for for the most part, and from what I can tell I'm guessing he already has whatever games would fit his fancy from my collection. Plan right now is to go to eBay, look for some of the specific options he put, and make some 3D printed goodies of his favorite series  .

My Sales Thread and something different from a paperclip are both here.
Everything I want at the moment's listed here.
Owner of post 5001 in the Aquarius thread and 4200 in the Inner Circle HQ (Sure, why  not?)

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:28:49 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
My guy was very detailed about several options. I should have it all ready to ship out after Turkey Day. Can't wait!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Nov 18, 2017 at 11:48:09 AM
Secret Santa (0)
(On Vacation) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Hopefully no one finds this to be too difficult a task! As others have already done, feel free to message me for any clarification needed. I tried to look over every message to make sure it felt like they were clear. But no worries if you want more details or options from your recipient.

Santa is currently on vacation and will return in November. Please direct any communications to a mod until then, as I will not be checking messages. Stay merry!

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:16:26 AM
BouncekDeLemos (80)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I'm very happy with who I got. (Is it "who" or "whom"? My English sucks, man. lol)

He's an all out pretty cool dude, and I've always considered him to be one of my good forum friends.   Hopefully I can get him something cool or something he needs to fill in his collection this year.  

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not just gonna stop giving gifts with one person.   I might just go with 2 this year, but we'll see how it goes. For any extra peeps this year, I'll provide a note for them stating that I'm not their "official" SS this year to avoid any confusion.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Nov 20, 2017 at 11:23:46 AM
sadikyo (85)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
I am super excited about this and it is one of my favorite activities here at NA. I genuinely enjoy trying to put something together and giving a gift. I remember the first time hearing about the secret santa, I thought, WOW, the internet forum actually does this?! And I tried it out not knowing what to expect and had a great time with it. I think things like this are some of the things that differentiate us from other places and are great, positive community-building activities.

Thanks to everyone for participating and just remember, this should be enjoyable and is about making someone smile. Have fun with it and just do your best!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:40:46 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (75)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
My recipient was very simple and I can pass on a copy of one of my favorite games! Woohoo

WTB:
Xyanide - Xbox - manual
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:13:46 PM
teh lurv (117)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Secret Santa gave me an excuse to hit some game stores this weekend. My recipient's want list was broad but detailed enough I was able to make a nice gift box of goodies. My recipient should be pleased with what I picked up. I just need to finish polishing up & gift wrap what I bought and it should be in the mail by this weekend!

My FS/FT thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My Mario Maker Levels:
F498-0000-0040-2217 - Wall Slide or Die

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Nov 21, 2017 at 6:25:18 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (4)
(Benjamin ) < Lolo Lord >
Iowa
I had to order the gift for my recipient. I really think they are going to love it. Spent just about $100. I have a a couple other items I want to throw in also.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:41:46 AM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
I've pick up a couple things for my person so far, but have been kind of weary. I wish I knew what they already had in their collection, because I don't want to overlap something they already have.

Let's Go Penguins!

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:09:43 AM
Megamanfan (173)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Just received my list. Hope I don't dissapoint

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:30:03 AM
DefaultGen (23)
(Tyler Wilkin) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I had to order the gift for my recipient. I really think they are going to love it. Spent just about $100. I have a a couple other items I want to throw in also.

No need to spend money, you can just send me the Kay Bee sign and save yourself the shopping.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #102: 11 Collectible Halloween Games

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:29:13 PM
rlh (58)
(Richard ) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Ok, poll time. Which do you prefer. People requesting very-specific items or very-narrow possibilities or the type of giftee who gives a couple of general guidelines and says "go wild!"

When I wrote up my request, I try to be both. I sent a link to my Wants list but also said what items I love and that I like random surprises. I hope that helped you, Santa.

Personally, I like the semi-vague request. You can be creative, and that's always fun.

Please check out my -->WANTED<-- list of games.
[NES/SNES/GB/GG/GEN/N64/PS1/PS2]
I prefer trades but I buy too.
Switch ID: SW-8142-3998-4206

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:41:07 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (182)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: rlh

Ok, poll time. Which do you prefer. People requesting very-specific items or very-narrow possibilities or the type of giftee who gives a couple of general guidelines and says "go wild!"

When I wrote up my request, I try to be both. I sent a link to my Wants list but also said what items I love and that I like random surprises. I hope that helped you, Santa.

Personally, I like the semi-vague request. You can be creative, and that's always fun.

I wrote my info for Secret Santa in about the same format the year before. I hopefully wrote it in such a way where there are some specific items mentioned, but also vague areas to allow for creativity.  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e
My FS Thread: Click This.