Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Raphnet Controller adapters

Nov 14 at 1:25:48 PM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
(the black wind howls ) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Hey NA,

Has anyone ever used these controller adapters by Raphnet? Specifically the SNES to Gamecube? I am mainly concerned about input lag and if it is noticeable.

I have a sweet RGB Gamecube setup with a gameboy player running the GBI interface. Being able to use a SNES controller would just be the icing on the cake for this setup. The hori pad is way too expensive, and i would rather use an actual SNES controller anyway.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/produ...

-------------------------
Be water, My friend. 

Nov 14 at 1:51:37 PM
rokushadows (96)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States
I can't speak to that adapter specifically, but I do have the Gamecube to N64 one. I really enjoy it and have no noticed any input lag, but the controller/console are different so take it with a grain of salt.

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free trial.

Nov 14 at 7:40:13 PM
phart010 (2)

(Paul Hart) < Little Mac >
North Carolina
I have them. There is input lag but I think it's actually a combination of lag from the GameCube gameboy player itself, the LCD tv converting analog video to display and the controller. It's unplayably laggy unfortunately

Nov 17 at 12:01:23 AM
Diamante Loco (142)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
I have the SNES to USB and I love it!

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Nov 17 at 9:35:16 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: phart010

I have them. There is input lag but I think it's actually a combination of lag from the GameCube gameboy player itself, the LCD tv converting analog video to display and the controller. It's unplayably laggy unfortunately
You are right. The GB player adds significant lag on its own if you are not using the GBI interface and just the stock disk. Add in the LCD and i can definitely see why it would be unplayable for you. 

Be water, My friend. 

Nov 17 at 10:09:11 AM
phart010 (2)

North Carolina
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

You are right. The GB player adds significant lag on its own if you are not using the GBI interface and just the stock disk. Add in the LCD and i can definitely see why it would be unplayable for you. 

What is this GBI interface you speak of? A new gameboy player disc??

Nov 17 at 10:21:12 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
Massachusetts

What is this GBI interface you speak of? A new gameboy player disc??

It is basically a custom GB player disk/program. I believe it can be run off of an SD card if you have an SD card adapter, or a CD if you have a modded gamecube. 

But basically it forces the GB player into 240P and looks incredible. It also fixed the latency issue to where it is almost non existant. Check out My Life In Gaming on youtube to see it in action. 

Be water, My friend. 

Nov 17 at 10:23:37 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
Massachusetts
31 minutes in

Be water, My friend. 

Nov 17 at 10:40:41 AM
SUBSCRIBER
SwiftFrost (197)
< King Solomon >
United States
I have one, but don't use it often. It worked fine from what I could tell. I use a GBA cable myself most of the time.

Nov 17 at 10:43:38 AM
phart010 (2)

North Carolina

31 minutes in

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bjt..." width="500">>

That's cool. My system works with burned cd's.

Being that this is homebrew software, is there anyone selling it premade on cd's. That's not be considered as pirated software right? I don't have the time to experiment with burning mini dvd's

Nov 17 at 11:10:33 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (54)
Massachusetts

That's cool. My system works with burned cd's.

Being that this is homebrew software, is there anyone selling it premade on cd's. That's not be considered as pirated software right? I don't have the time to experiment with burning mini dvd's
Probably not, but is easy enough to burn them. Or you can probably just run it from an SD card launcher which you can buy, and then just put the files on the SD card. 

It really makes a big difference. I can't believe how badly Nintendo dropped the ball and some regular dudes managed to make a better boot disk with far less resources. 

Be water, My friend.