Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I just won a case against lukie games

Jul 18 at 5:13:54 PM
mas (0)

(Robert Mason) < Little Mac >
Massachusetts
Hi everyone 
​This is my first post here and i dont want my first thread to be on a negative story but it does have a happy ending. I also know people here and my friends have had bad experiences with lukie games and thier terrible service so here is my story and history with them.

Last month I sold a lot of ps2 games and memory cards and controllers etc. They received it on june 12 and I received positive feedback from them a month ago.

Last week they filed a claim saying they only got four games and that there was a hole in the package. I called ebay on it and they told me that there was no case. so they went to paypal and filed a claim.

After calling paypal and explaining my story and continuous websites of people getting the same treatment with lukie games and having them file claims and winning the claims saying they only got a couple of games or no packages at all to only sell on their website, today I got enough evidence to win the case and was notified that they are going to probably loose their paypal account.

I feel good about it because it has happened to me three times with them. The first time they got a bunch of first party n64 games and they said they never got the package. I didn't know about tracking at the time and it was my lost so 1st time I learned my lesson.
Lost 163.00

Second time was a ton of nes titles. They said they never got the package but I told them the tracking and they said they only got half of the games and I had to dish out 100.00. I lost the claim. After that I blocked them.

Year goes by and they bought a couple things, I don't know how but things were well. Then they buy a lot of ps2 and xbox 360 games and they filed a claim on paypal and not ebay and say they only got half and shipped me back only the sports games on the ps2 and the rest of the box was empty. I did win that case but only half payment.

This time was it. I blocked them again, Called ebay and paypal and grabbed as much evidence of horrible business practices that they perform. They are over priced and they treat people like garbage. From what i was told they are going to lose thier paypal account because of their past history of doing this and getting thier money back. they have gone to the well to many times. I hope they learn their lesson. Please feel free to share your stories about lukie games and or other people who has robbed you thru ebay or paypal.

Jul 18 at 5:16:57 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Thanks for sharing this. Prepare for this thread to be locked.

Jul 18 at 5:18:06 PM
barrelsAndRivets (131)
< Bowser >
California
Sounds like you had a shitty experience. I've had overall positive experiences with Lukie at this point, both as a buyer and seller.

Jul 18 at 5:23:25 PM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: attakid101

why would it be locked?

-------------------------

Jul 18 at 5:30:49 PM
romevi (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

"When you desire to play video games as much as you desire the air you breathe, then you will have the time to play video games."
- Socrates

Jul 18 at 5:34:23 PM
mas (0)

Massachusetts
I don't understand why this would be locked. All I'm stating is how bad of an experience I had with them and how awful they do business with me. I know people in the past has had problems with them and I'm just using this as a lesson to help anyone out who is going to sell thru ebay and has lukie games win auctions from them. I want to just let people be aware

Jul 18 at 5:37:15 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
They have multiple ebay accounts so blocking them does nothing.

Jul 18 at 5:37:54 PM
NESfiend (22)
(Travis ) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri

Hopefully not before Lukie responds, at the very least. I frequent their site and buy from them here and there. I would like to hear their side and I'm sure others would too. I'd also like to see it open to see how members respond. I know the Lukie staff are members, but they are also a major video game vendor that a lot of us send money to. My experience has been good, but the forum should be allowed to discuss their business practices freely so buyers and sellers can be informed if there are OR are not issues. That kind of discussion is exactly what NA should be for and it shouldn't be halted on account of their utilizing this site as members.

Jul 18 at 5:38:12 PM
empire (56)
(Matt ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
"I hope they learn their lesson"

Like the lesson you should have learned after having not one, but two bad transactions with them?

SW-6786-5095-2210 -- "dude had a canoe and he doesn't anymore...don't see what the big deal is"

Jul 18 at 5:41:52 PM
CZroe (26)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Wow. Had no idea they were doing this stuff. I knew that they were a major online indie game store and thought they got most of their stuff from mail-in trades and eBay lots, but these kinds of shenanigans simply did not occur to me. I thought they were too big to get away with that stuff for long.

If all this is true, screw those guys.

Jul 18 at 5:44:31 PM
CZroe (26)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Originally posted by: empire

Like the lesson you should have learned after having not one, but two bad transactions with them?
It didn't happen the same way each time. The first time he learned his lesson about tracking. The second time when he got scammed a different way he blocked them. He admits that he doesn't know how they had a third exchange after the blocking but he won that so no "lesson" here for our OP anyway.  

Jul 18 at 5:46:27 PM
NESfiend (22)
(Travis ) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri

See the above post about Lukie having multiple ebay accounts. He was blocking them after each transaction and they kept winning auctions regardless. Not sure what more he could have done - he can't stop them from winning his auctions utilizing different accounts.

Jul 18 at 5:48:04 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (157)
< Master Higgins >
United States
You do know you can sell and auction items on NA right?

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Jul 18 at 5:49:15 PM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
Why would they need multiple accounts? Is there a limit to how many purchases or sales you can make in a certain amount of time?

Jul 18 at 5:49:30 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: Bert

why would it be locked?

Because like three members are about to defend Lukie Games  and eight members are going to talk shit. Then two of these members are going to start a long back-and-forth  quote-heavy argument.  And then some mod is going to be done with the whole thing and a lock it up.

Jul 18 at 5:49:51 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (60)
(Douglas Glover) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Why would they need multiple accounts? Is there a limit to how many purchases or sales you can make in a certain amount of time?

Yes. With basic accounts anyway.

I can only list 50 things at a time.

NEW! Share your collection! Check out mine here!
Developer

Jul 18 at 5:51:37 PM
mas (0)

Massachusetts

Your right. Absoultly right. The second time I got burned and blocked them. Then Somehow They got my sale and always at the very last minute. It just seems like they get the sale and in an hr or so the give me the money and im trying to be a decent seller so i thought id give them a chance. 

​At least now I had ebay block them with me so now they cant buy from me. 

Jul 18 at 6:00:20 PM
mas (0)

Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

You do know you can sell and auction items on NA right?

I will for now on. 
​I only use my phone and i never seen the new topic on my phone till i just got a small notepad laptop yesterday. So now ill post stuff here.  

Jul 18 at 6:00:31 PM
barrelsAndRivets (131)
< Bowser >
California

why would it be locked?

Because like three members are about to defend Lukie Games  and eight members are going to talk shit. Then two of these members are going to start a long back-and-forth  quote-heavy argument.  And then some mod is going to be done with the whole thing and a lock it up.

That sounds about right.

Jul 18 at 6:02:48 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Can we throw in some Pat the NES Punk references for good measure?

Jul 18 at 6:25:59 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Didn't we go to high-school together or something?

How ya friggen doin there bud?

Jul 18 at 7:25:59 PM
Estil (9)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
They sound more like UNlukie games!

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Jul 18 at 7:39:47 PM
SUBSCRIBER
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

why would it be locked?

Eventually, maybe. I'd actually like to hear similar experiences from other people or a response from lukie games cause these allegations are serious.

I would like to add that phrasing and tact are important. OP did it right, just stated the facts without any insults. A few guys like to do that, so just a request to keep it civil. 

Edited: 07/18/2017 at 07:41 PM by mattbep

Jul 18 at 9:19:42 PM
Buyatari (10)
(Adam Harvey) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: mattbep

why would it be locked?

Eventually, maybe. I'd actually like to hear similar experiences from other people or a response from lukie games cause these allegations are serious.

I would like to add that phrasing and tact are important. OP did it right, just stated the facts without any insults. A few guys like to do that, so just a request to keep it civil. 

Wasn't there a member here who had a similar story a few years back?

He sold a large collection of NES games and somehow none of the expensive games arrived.

The NA member lost the case or was going to lose the case and posted here.
People here got upset and then finally someone from Lukiegames jumped into the thread. That person claimed they checked their videoes and the box arrived with a hole. The  NA member was then refunded or the case was closed. 

If anyone else remembers this please link that story.

Edited: 07/18/2017 at 09:21 PM by Buyatari

Jul 18 at 9:26:26 PM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Looks like there's been quite a few na threads featuring lukie games

https://www.google.ca/search?q=lu...