Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Night 8 Werewolf XI: Welcome to the Negaverse Night 8 Ends: 8/20/2017 at 9 PM EST/NintendoAge Time

Jul 17 at 5:27:43 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (66)
(Douglas Glover) < King Solomon >
Ontario
The wolves are in here with us, talking with us. They want town dead. They want us to kill ourselves. Be hesitant to trust anyone pushing too hard for a lynch today

-------------------------

NEW! Share your collection! Check out mine here!
Developer

Jul 17 at 5:28:50 PM
NESfanatic (6)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Originally posted by: NESfanatic

Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Sorry i had some personal stuff going on.

Question: why are we giving the cloak to bronty? He has yet to be a wolf in any game and i feel hes over due to be one.
Why are you so opposed to him having it when most of us want him to have it? There HAS to be a reason you aren't focusing on saving your own ass from lynching (you have the most votes so far) and strictly focusing on Bronty. If you know something you should just say it.

Dude literally what i said. The odds favor him being a wolf. He might not be but im not for giving him a potentially powerful item
How do the odds favor him being a wolf? They don't, it's random.

Ok

Jul 17 at 5:33:14 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Originally posted by: Bronty

I think we should cool off on NED and wait until Day 2. 

Consider this: 

- NED is a proven great werewolf player

You've played one round of werewolf, how would you know that?

You're supression of votes is disturbing

I've read through a number of the old threads. Also a number of people have made that claim. My suppression of votes, as you call it, is simply smart. I'm not going to explain for a tenth time why that is.
At 1000-2000 posts a pop?  If you say so...

NES has benefited from several uber roles, one of which wrecked an entire round, to gain that mystique.  Giving him partial immunity for that reason is a mistake

Then vote him off. You've said yourself though that past threads are no indication of a person's allegiance. I have my logic and you have yours. I read through two previous werewolf threads that I was linked to while playing the last one. I read another in anticipation of this round. "Read" might be a bit strong, granted, maybe "skimmed" would be a better term if you want to be anal about it. There's a lot of fluff in these conversations after all.

NED was killed off pretty quick early on 2 rounds ago, so that makes no sense at all, if you actually read them.

Jul 17 at 5:33:16 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

The wolves are in here with us, talking with us. They want town dead. They want us to kill ourselves. Be hesitant to trust anyone pushing too hard for a lynch today
Unless they want to look like they opposed the lynching of a townie specifically to try and build town credit.  I did that in the Turtles round and would never have been caught (until Tengen blew me up)

Jul 17 at 5:34:49 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (66)
Ontario
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

Originally posted by: Bronty

I think we should cool off on NED and wait until Day 2. 

Consider this: 

- NED is a proven great werewolf player

You've played one round of werewolf, how would you know that?

You're supression of votes is disturbing

I've read through a number of the old threads. Also a number of people have made that claim. My suppression of votes, as you call it, is simply smart. I'm not going to explain for a tenth time why that is.
At 1000-2000 posts a pop?  If you say so...

NES has benefited from several uber roles, one of which wrecked an entire round, to gain that mystique.  Giving him partial immunity for that reason is a mistake

Then vote him off. You've said yourself though that past threads are no indication of a person's allegiance. I have my logic and you have yours. I read through two previous werewolf threads that I was linked to while playing the last one. I read another in anticipation of this round. "Read" might be a bit strong, granted, maybe "skimmed" would be a better term if you want to be anal about it. There's a lot of fluff in these conversations after all.

NED was killed off pretty quick early on 2 rounds ago, so that makes no sense at all, if you actually read them.

Two previous, not the last two.

Developer

Jul 17 at 5:36:51 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
I totally understand where you are coming from Gloves.  But if we're depending entirely on the tracker and seer, you have to hope they A) actually find something, B) are not blocked from finding it, C) are not killed before bring it forward, D) can effectively bring it forward

Jul 17 at 5:39:30 PM
Bert (53)
(The Nert) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
How much would it suck if one of the two(seer/tracker) died tonight to a wolf? I know that's even less likely than lynching a wolf blind, but hell. You never know right?

Jul 17 at 5:41:01 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Some of the more active players are wolves for sure. Things town should be looking for are empty words like ¨I dont know, he just seems wolfy to me¨, and players taking sides and backing up votes. The wolves wont want town getting the cloak, Im sure. There is a good chance it can be used as a weapon against them.

As town we have no idea who other town are so town needs to be suspicious of everyone. The wolves wont be.

Right now I feel like the less active players are crippling the town buy not added their two cents, given they are town. If the wolves are active which I think they are, town will lose. Remember town its not a game of survival, its a game of catching the wolves so that town wins as a whole. I get the idea some may have where if they stay quite they will last longer, but that wont win the game for town.

Jul 17 at 5:43:47 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Hey, who's good at scripting?

Someone run the numbers on posts per user, per game day, in previous rouns. I guarantee you see more wolves in the bottom half than top. Hell, there may only be a token wolf consistently in the top 5

Jul 17 at 5:44:15 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Two previous, not the last two.
Would the last two rounds not be the two previous to this one?

Gloves you said you have valuable info. Why wait and share it? You could be killed tonight, and if that happens what ever you know is lost. How can you be so sure you will live to see another day and wait?

Jul 17 at 5:55:26 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (93)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Well if we don't agree on something and continue to point fingers instead of taking action we might as well just give as the wolves have already won.

XBL: Puppywaffles IG: Puppy_waffles SC:MoldyOldCrow

Jul 17 at 6:01:54 PM
NESfanatic (6)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Just vote to give me the item. Im the only one to name drop my characters name, gossalyn. Pretty big character to be exact. Im already gonna be a target sooner than later so with it i could stick around longer. If im suspicious and im not killed after a while without proving myself then feel free to hang me as im sure the cloak cant protect against that. Im the safest bet for the item

Jul 17 at 6:02:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (66)
Ontario
Again, I am not saying "never lynch anyone". Simply that we should let them make the first move. Definitely, 100%, lynch someone tomorrow. I'd be fine with a quiet person. Though to pimp's point, many of the quiet people may just be VT who have lives and probably hardly want to play at all cuz let's face it being a VT sucks (if you let it anyway - IMO it's no reason to not participate).

Today - Lynch nobody, see what the cloak does. Minimize town deaths for the early game.

Day 3 - Reconvene based on the happenings of Night 2. Odds are pretty heavy that someone dies tonight, as the wolves will want to start killing town asap. Potentially two people die if the cloak is a "poisoned gift" left by the wolves like in the last game.

Developer

Jul 17 at 6:04:20 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California
I have been all for no lynching for the first 2 days. But something just seems off with MasterBigCat. When the cloak first came out he wanted everyone to ignore it. Why would we ignore something that helped us town stay alive? Also, it feels like he is staying up to date with stuff but claims he has nothing to add because nothing has happened. Well, there have been over 800 posts in this thread, surely something had to of ruffled his feathers or gave him reason to post his thoughts.

He even deflected saying that those who do not want to lynch are most likely wolves. This feels like a wolf comment to me. We already showed that the odds of bagging a wolf on a day 1 lynch are extremely low. I even believe someone put up a chart that showed that it had yet to work in all previous werewolf games here.

He has posted only a handful of times. Just enough to stay relevant but not enough to look inactive. Maybe most of his discussion has been in the werewolf thread.

Like I said, I have been opposed to lynching on these first 2 days. But I really feel something here with MasterBigCat.

Does anyone else see something here?

**vote: MasterBigCat

gamevaluenow
Get the value of your games at gamevaluenow.com
Owner/Developer

Jul 17 at 6:04:26 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
The poisoned thing has happened all of once (apparently, I stopped following after I died). They wouldn't re-use a trope like that one round later.

Jul 17 at 6:06:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (66)
Ontario

The poisoned thing has happened all of once (apparently, I stopped following after I died). They wouldn't re-use a trope like that one round later.

I don't believe that they would either. I was just stating it as a technical possibility. You and I both know that had I not done so, if it turns out it IS something like that, then people will come back tomorrow and be all "Gloves was all for the cloak going to Bronty! He knew it was poisoned!" and then I'd be dead. Just covering my bases buddo.

Developer

Jul 17 at 6:08:07 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Just vote to give me the item. Im the only one to name drop my characters name, gossalyn. Pretty big character to be exact. Im already gonna be a target sooner than later so with it i could stick around longer. If im suspicious and im not killed after a while without proving myself then feel free to hang me as im sure the cloak cant protect against that. Im the safest bet for the item
So you are proposing we do the same to you that we are doing with Bronty simply because of a name drop?

gamevaluenow
Get the value of your games at gamevaluenow.com
Owner/Developer

Jul 17 at 6:09:01 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

This is the negaverse, right?  Anyone could be anything?  I was evil Jean Grey once.

And if you were a "big" character who could now expect to die, why would you reveal yourself at the slightest provocation?  There was no momentum behind you

Jul 17 at 6:10:04 PM
Bert (53)
(The Nert) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Hogie1418

So you are proposing we do the same to you that we are doing with Bronty simply because of a name drop?

name dropping means nothing.. wasg already posted the names, and if you're lying I can't see the real person with that role stepping forward. It's no different than saying "I'm totally town guys"

Jul 17 at 6:10:37 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

I don't believe that they would either. I was just stating it as a technical possibility. You and I both know that had I not done so, if it turns out it IS something like that, then people will come back tomorrow and be all "Gloves was all for the cloak going to Bronty! He knew it was poisoned!" and then I'd be dead. Just covering my bases buddo.

Wolves don't like attention, especially this early

Jul 17 at 6:11:46 PM
Bert (53)
(The Nert) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I'm going to go ahead and revote:NED

Brock's making a lot of sense here. And NED already has a few votes anyway. Maybe we get lucky with this one

Jul 17 at 6:12:26 PM
Bert (53)
(The Nert) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Oops

vote:NED

Whole thing has to be bold right?

Jul 17 at 6:12:54 PM
wasg13 (64)
(Pokerock ) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bert

Originally posted by: wasg13

Ned also said bronty's been in x amount of games without being a wolf so chances are he might be a wolf, I have even stated that thought process.

I'm not defending Bronty here, he could very well be a wolf just like anyone else here. But that's not how random chance works. Just because he's never been a wolf doesn't mean he's more likely to be one now or in the future. unvote: NED I still feel like dead weight is dead weight. But I didn't intend for NED to actually go, just wanted to hear from him.. as he is a strong player. Now regarding Doner, I find it interesting that you keep pointing out that people gloss over him, and that's suspicious but you still don't vote for him. What's you're reasoning behind that?

I said this early like at 3pm but i'll resay it if you want:

As of now I've been with gloves on the lets let the wolves attack first more people to shift through, so I'm waiting to see what the cloak does tonight and will be saving my vote till day three.

Jul 17 at 6:16:07 PM
wasg13 (64)
(Pokerock ) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey

This is the negaverse, right?  Anyone could be anything?  I was evil Jean Grey once.

And if you were a "big" character who could now expect to die, why would you reveal yourself at the slightest provocation?  There was no momentum behind you

I asked dra600n this day 1 we were all transported to the negaverse together, meaning characters in one reality going over to the negaverse still have the same traits they had before entering the negaverse
aka
​darkwing the hero is still the hero
​megaduck the villian still the villian
​and the two wouldn't cross.

Jul 17 at 6:18:12 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: wasg13

I asked dra600n this day 1 we were all transported to the negaverse together, meaning characters in one reality going over to the negaverse still have the same traits they had before entering the negaverse
aka
​darkwing the hero is still the hero
​megaduck the villian still the villian
​and the two wouldn't cross.

that's interesting, can you quote that passage wasg?   I didn't see it earlier

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!