Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The 2017 NFL season thread Early,but......FOOTBALL!

Aug 11 at 1:33:48 PM
jonebone (527)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Pit >
Maryland
Cowboys got their jimmies all rustled, gotta love that.

-------------------------
WTB Sealed & CIB Mint Games!
NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16

Now Playing: Mario Rabbids Kingdom (Switch)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 11 at 1:39:09 PM
ExplodedHamster (166)
(Joe Dirt) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Josh Brown obviously deserved more, that was serious NYC team bias.

But after Deflategate, all I can do is laugh. Not my team's turn this time, and Jerry Jones was all over Roger's nuts during that fiasco. Choo choo, karma train coming through.

Aug 11 at 3:01:52 PM
doner24 (285)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Not surprising, another woman beating thug on Dallas.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Large NES and SNES box lots

Aug 11 at 3:07:26 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < Meka Chicken >
Iowa
You gonna lose all your fancy "fools' balls" games! And your gonna fail your big exam! Because school is...

Aug 11 at 3:14:44 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Now we have trolling moderators on here. Lol

like the child beater you had on your favorite team right donor? Do we need to bring up the love boat?

Where are the woman beaters on dallas though? You mean greg hardy? He played 1 season and was let go because he was a nightmare personslity. With zeke there isnt any new evidence. There is evidence against her story though so yeah. I mean long history with  dallas and woman beaters. Troll attempt grade  d-

NES  636 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 157/161(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 03:25 PM by quest4nes

Aug 11 at 3:30:11 PM
doner24 (285)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Now we have trolling moderators on here. Lol

like the child beater you had on your favorite team right donor? Do we need to bring up the love boat?

Where are the woman beaters on dallas though? You mean greg hardy? He played 1 season and was let go because he was a nightmare personslity. With zeke there isnt any new evidence. There is evidence against her story though so yeah. I mean long history with  dallas and woman beaters. Troll attempt grade  d-
Gives failing trolling grade, yet writes wall of text  arguing against my statement.....lol. 

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Large NES and SNES box lots

Aug 11 at 3:42:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Wall of text? Lol wut. Ok. You spparently needed the education if thats " a wall of text."

Lmao that is barely a short paragraph all together. Big stretch there donor

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 03:43 PM by quest4nes

Aug 11 at 4:02:47 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Haha I had to check this thread once I heard. The alleged actions are terrible, but the results are fun. Don't worry, it'll be knocked down to 3-4 games and the boys will still make the playoffs.

Aug 11 at 4:20:13 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
3-4 games is too much, there is no evidence. According to the nfl report they just brlieved everything the girl said even though she cant keep a story straight and lied multiple documented times.

Once you lie imo you forfeit your right of being believed. Cops saw no need to pursue it due to lack of evidence and actual evidence of her lying so the nfl shouldnt be punishing it imo.

Giants kicker last year admitted to the nfl he beat his wife. Had weird journal diary about it even. Gets a 1 game suspension with actual evidence. Nfl is all over the place with this stuff and sets bad precedent.

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 11 at 6:20:11 PM
americasteam7 (65)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL...

Read the article. On top of the fact she told her friends to lie before and has been proven her self to have lied, there is no way that anyone in their right mind could look at the evidence and think that Zeke deserved any kind of suspension. It is clear to me she was trying to get Zeke wrongfully accused. There is a reason there was no prosecution.

The photos that came out are weird to me also. Like who would bruise someone on those spots of all places? The knee and the leg? Two spots on the same arm? If those bruise marks are even real, (could easily have been faked) they look like they were sustained in a bar fight if anything.

That 911 call the lady sounded very calm and relaxed and not under any stress. That is not how I would sound if I had just been hit by my boyfriend.

The NFL has unchecked power and it needs to stop. They literally suspended a player because Zeke couldn't prove the supposed marks weren't from him and believed a known liar more than Zeke. Total bullcrap.

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 06:24 PM by americasteam7

Aug 11 at 6:25:53 PM
americasteam7 (65)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
If you really believe that Zeke deserved this suspension then you are just a Cowboys hater and have no objectivity to be found as far as I see it.

Zeke should be on the field week 1 against the giants. End of story.

Aug 11 at 7:19:54 PM
americasteam7 (65)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap...

Well there you have it. The bruises happened earlier at a time she wasn't even in contact with Zeke. There is no doubt in my mind he is innocent and that the nfl suspending zeke because they like the Giants and Goodell likes to wield his power. One of the head investigators is also a huge giants fan. I'm so mad right now.

Aug 11 at 9:15:08 PM
gutsman004 (122)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I hate Roger Goodell. The guy is an idiot. What I hate about the guy the most is he shows no consistency in administering punishment....at all.

What gets me is that the NFL can set the lengths of these suspensions at their discretion. Bullshit. It should be uniform like for PEDs in baseball. You get busted for PEDs you miss half the season.....the end. Oh no,not the NFL....it's up to Goodell's whim.

And why did this take almost a year? Isn't this supposed too be done in a timely manner?

Oh and when Zeke appeals it,guess who hears the appeal?.... Roger Goodell. Conflict of interest? Nah....

I'm calling it now,Zeke's suspension gets reduced to 4 games because who do they play week 5? Green Bay....and the NFL is about dem ratings!

My wacky WTB NES CIB thread. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 09:16 PM by gutsman004

Aug 11 at 9:25:09 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (152)
< Master Higgins >
United States
I have not been keeping up with the suspension etc, but one thing is for certain, Goodell seems to be all over the place as far as suspensions of any kind go.

Quest, I think you are correct in saying it is all about the ratings and it will probably be reduced.

NA Discord Chat:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 09:25 PM by Mega Tank

Aug 12 at 1:19:38 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Kraid Killer >
Texas
It seems the length of the suspension was made to offset the length of the investigation. Never mind that there was no proof of guilt. This happened because of a lack of proof of innocence. That's a place that none of us want to be put in.

Aug 12 at 1:26:08 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

It seems the length of the suspension was made to offset the length of the investigation. Never mind that there was no proof of guilt. This happened because of a lack of proof of innocence. That's a place that none of us want to be put in.

that is pretty much spot on

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 12 at 12:46:32 PM
ExplodedHamster (166)
United States
That's actually an improvement over Deflategate, where the league spent 5 million on a farsical report and ignored scientists across the country.

But, hey, many wanted Brady to burn and thought Goodell having unlimited power was a good thing. So here we are.

Aug 12 at 12:59:16 PM
ExplodedHamster (166)
United States
Also, regarding Zeke, it's hard to imagine all this bruising came from a "bar fight," as he says. And if it did, it would have caused a massive scene with witnesses and probably security footage. I'm guessing the NFL tracked it down and the story didn't match up.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tm...

Aug 12 at 5:40:49 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Thats why the story was corroborated with police and they dismissed it. She asked her friends to lie and there is text message proof. Sorry dont believe a word she says after that.

Dallas fans have followed this shit since last july. Like you did with deflate gate. like zekes representation said. There was alot of cherry picked things in the report to frane a story the nfl had to use to justify it. Elliot has been adament he did not do this. So we just believe this girls already proven lying word and hive him the max? That sets a bad bad precedent. And thats what the nfl did.

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 12 at 9:48:25 PM
ExplodedHamster (166)
United States
I'm not sure what the NFL did in terms of its investigation, but I sure hope they release their findings. At this point, I see reason to be skeptical of both Zeke and this woman. I suppose it's possible, but those do not seem like bar fight injuries.

Edited: 08/12/2017 at 09:49 PM by ExplodedHamster

Aug 12 at 10:38:28 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

I'm not sure what the NFL did in terms of its investigation, but I sure hope they release their findings. At this point, I see reason to be skeptical of both Zeke and this woman. I suppose it's possible, but those do not seem like bar fight injuries.

what do women club fight injuries look like oh expert? Looks like brawl bruises to me. Woman grab and club. Her knuckles are bruised. 

the nfl isnt going to release shit. Commenter made a good point. Took the nfl 12 months to interview 13 people and look into this? This is all just trying to make the nfl look like they had a reason to have the investigation open that long and to look tough in the public. What they dont realize is they still look like a joke

If they had direct evidence of him punching her, then Id stand behind it and say hes garbage. But they dont, and hes adament it didnt happen. Had viable reasons why it didnt happen. She has been caught lying. So I dont know. Id have the same opinion on this if it were a player on any team. Tom Bradys suspension was bullshit too. I like to heckle patriot fans about there cheating ways but thats all in fun. Just like people heckle dallas fans on here all the time

There isnt evidence in this case. There is no reason for ezekiel elliot to be punished. She has bruises. She was in a fight. There actually is zero proof she was with elliot when those bruises happened. There is evidence of her lying during this incident. People in the vehicle at the time of the last "incident" that got a police call, said nothing happened. Police did not photograph her injuries which is weird when they were called for domestic violence. She had no new injuries. The pictures are from her. A night prior that week Zeke was with another girl after he broke up with this psycho girl. Psycho Girl and friend who was the one that was asked to lie in texts said, " I am going to ruin your career" . That is what we know. 6 Game suspension? Just a joke imo

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/12/2017 at 11:50 PM by quest4nes

Aug 13 at 1:36:27 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Kraid Killer >
Texas
I want to say that I'd like to see Zeke fight this legally. But Brady did that with the bogus deflation deal and what the argument ended up being is weather the NFL has the legal right to punish it's employees. I think this will fall under the same category. Weather the NFL is right or not won't factor in at all. Zeke will lose that argument no matter how right he may be.

Aug 13 at 1:37:12 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I want to say that I'd like to see Zeke fight this legally. But Brady did that with the bogus deflation deal and what the argument ended up being is weather the NFL has the legal right to punish it's employees. I think this will fall under the same category. Weather the NFL is right or not won't factor in at all. Zeke will lose that argument no matter how right he may be.

he needs to frame it as defamation. By suspending him they made him guilty in the publics eyes.

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 01:37 AM by quest4nes

Aug 13 at 1:41:21 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Kraid Killer >
Texas

he needs to frame it as defamation. By suspending him they made him guilty in the publics eyes.

But wouldn't that only make him entitled to a financial damages?  The courts aren't going to negate the suspension I don't think.  There is value in that fight for building a case against Goodell in general, but he's sitting those games no matter what.

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 01:41 AM by dukeofhurl99

Aug 13 at 2:28:50 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

But wouldn't that only make him entitled to a financial damages?  The courts aren't going to negate the suspension I don't think.  There is value in that fight for building a case against Goodell in general, but he's sitting those games no matter what.

atleast his side gets made more public. The thing is this is a little different imo. If he has reasonable doubt of not doing this then the 6 game suspension shouldnt be applied. You're right the nfl will hide behind that policy and itll stick. Didnt the nfl use the DV policy though? Different than the personal conduct policy. I dont know the ramifications of that. Atleast he could probably push the suspension back to next year or something with the slow moving courts. Going to court would put a stay on the suspension and wouldnt be reapplied till the court case is over

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 02:29 AM by quest4nes