Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The 2017 NFL season thread Early,but......FOOTBALL!

Jun 16 at 12:20:26 PM
gutsman004 (122)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I know,it's the middle of June and training camps don't open until l July but I am excited that the NFL is not too far away. Also excited to play fantasy football again!

Thoughts,opinions,wishes for the upcoming season? 

I'm curious to see how Kyle Shanahan does in San Francisco. Hopefully he can turn the franchise around and get them competitive again.

They added some good players but just like last season the overall the offense is mostly devoid of talent so it should net the similar results. 

I think 5-6 wins is the absolute ceiling for this team.

-------------------------
My wacky WTB NES CIB thread. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 16 at 12:33:21 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (69)
(Grumble Grumble) < El Ripper >
Michigan
Here wo go Brownies, here we go!

Looking forward to seeing our new-look defense and offensive line.

Our running game should be formidable but if our defense isn't improved, we'll be too behind (per usual) to utilize it.  

Not sure who the QB will be for week one.  I think it will be Kessler and eventually Kizer before the season is over.  I hope we win more than one freaking game this year. At least we play the Jets so there's a chance we can beat them and win one other game.  

WTB:
Xyanide - Xbox - manual
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Edited: 06/16/2017 at 12:36 PM by LutherDestroysTheGond

Jun 16 at 12:36:32 PM
MrWunderful (258)
(Corey ) < Master Higgins >
California
Niners 16-0

Jun 16 at 12:39:04 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Steelers suck. Maybe eek into the playoffs and lose in the second round.

Hoping for worse so they consider firing Tomlin.

Jun 16 at 12:49:29 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zfleming54 (57)
< Meka Chicken >
Iowa
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I know,it's the middle of June and training camps don't open until l July but I am excited that the NFL is not too far away. Also excited to play fantasy football again!

I'm curious to see how Kyle Shanahan does in San Francisco. Hopefully he can turn the franchise around and get them competitive again.

They added some good players but just like last season the overall the offense is mostly devoid of talent so it should net the similar results. 

You were the winner of that shiny new Harvest Moon cart in the SNES league weren't you? If so, I'm sure you are ready for fantasy. LOL

​San Francisco still has alot to go. What about those Rams? Now that I think of it, that division really sucked. I think Seahawks had 10 wins last year but I get the feeling that they could tank like the Panthers...

Trade me your OG XBOX games! http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 16 at 12:58:23 PM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (52)
(the black wind howls ) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Obviously the patriots   14-2

Jun 16 at 1:01:37 PM
jonebone (527)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Pit >
Maryland
Damnit is it that time of year already? I'm still coming out of NBA mode.

Skins, 8-8 or 9-7, you heard it here first!

WTB Sealed & CIB Mint Games!
NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16

Now Playing: Mario Rabbids Kingdom (Switch)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jun 16 at 1:17:59 PM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Niners 4-12

I'm actually more curious to see how the Rams do. I have a personal interest in seeing how Trumaine Johnson rebounds, and how rookie Cooper Kupp does. I have never seen a better or hard working football player and will give him dark horse tabs for ROTY

Fun fact:  Jeff Fisher was once sitting in my seat.  I had to politely tell him to git out!

SNES Set - 671/723 (Super James Pond)

Edited: 06/16/2017 at 01:18 PM by Brock Landers

Jun 16 at 1:20:17 PM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Originally posted by: zfleming54

Originally posted by: gutsman004

You were the winner of that shiny new Harvest Moon cart in the SNES league weren't you? If so, I'm sure you are ready for fantasy. LOL
Something about a blind squirrel!

Jun 16 at 2:34:31 PM
PhearedPhool (71)
< Meka Chicken >
Oregon
Eagles are making a comeback in the NFC east with new WR additions. Possibly taking the top spot this year.

Looking for Nintendo signage/cabinets!!!

I have Exertainment Lifecycle 9xs with MBR/SR for sale as well as extra parts! PM me.

Jun 16 at 2:37:54 PM
mydogsrule (156)

(Jonathan Smith) < Lolo Lord >
Tennessee
Being a huge Titans fan, i think we can make some noise this year. They are definately building a contender. 10-6 would make me happy. I just want to make the playoffs.

Jun 16 at 5:01:39 PM
Boosted52405 (452)
(Eric Bizzle) < King Solomon >
Iowa
Packers had a strong draft, hopefully their defense will be improved. Grabbed Bennett from the Patriots and added some young running backs as well...could be a scary offense if they can get the run going. North will be tough this year, minus the Bears.

Jun 16 at 7:06:02 PM
MrWunderful (258)
(Corey ) < Master Higgins >
California
Romo is GOAT and he is coming out of retirement to rush for 3454 yards with 98 td passes this season.

Dak who?

Jun 16 at 7:22:22 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (152)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Romo is GOAT and he is coming out of retirement to rush for 3454 yards with 98 td passes this season.

Dak who?

Really? Do you think he would hit 98 TD without going for 100? Way to underestimate him.

NA Discord Chat:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Jun 16 at 7:31:06 PM
dragonwarrior83 (11)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Indiana
I'm a bears fan, soooo.... I'm not expecting much. If they could pull together a 5 to 6 wins this year I would be impressed

Jun 16 at 8:17:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
brokenkevin (22)
(Kevin ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
I'm a jets fan so I will be waiting for football next year again

Jun 16 at 9:39:43 PM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

I'm a bears fan, soooo.... I'm not expecting much. If they could pull together a 5 to 6 wins this year I would be impressed

Giving the Farm to Draft Tribusky after the Mike Glennon signing is going to make FA's weary of Chicago. I see them being bottom feeders for the next decade unless Tribusky is the real deal and not another Bortles.

Jun 16 at 9:44:31 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Majesty ZX

Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

Giving the Farm to Draft Tribusky after the Mike Glennon signing is going to make FA's weary of Chicago. I see them being bottom feeders for the next decade unless Tribusky is the real deal and not another Bortles.

you can always get another qb with your top 5 pick next year lol.

NES  636 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 157/161(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/17/2017 at 04:21 AM by quest4nes

Jun 17 at 12:27:45 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Kraid Killer >
Texas
Preseason optimism knows no bounds. With the way the NFL is today you never really know who will be one of the teams to turn from pretenders to contenders and vice versa. My preseason optimism is for La'el (sp) Collins to be a solid right tackle this year replacing Doug Free. If that happens then I don't see why Dallas can't be as good as they were last year. The D-line has a good chance at being better than last year which isn't saying much, but if they can be close to decent then that will help out the young secondary. The new secondary together with Scandrick and Jones will have to play at least as well as last year for Dallas to be in the playoffs again. The NFC East doesn't look too tough, as long as NY has Eli at QB they won't be any better no matter how many weapons they have.

Jun 17 at 12:29:15 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (52)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

as long as NY has Eli at QB they won't be any better no matter how many weapons they have.
Ugh, just mentioning his name annoys me. We lost out on two rings to that clown. 

Jun 17 at 1:24:32 AM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Originally posted by: xMaGuSx

as long as NY has Eli at QB they won't be any better no matter how many weapons they have.
Ugh, just mentioning his name annoys me. We lost out on two rings to that clown. 

Yeah rough life Boston fans have.  Meanwhile my collective teams are 1-6 in championships with another 6 semi-final losses in the last 20 years

Not even counting my Sharks that I picked as a lark lol

Edited: 06/17/2017 at 01:28 AM by Brock Landers

Jun 17 at 1:40:38 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xMaGuSx (52)
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Yeah rough life Boston fans have.  Meanwhile my collective teams are 1-6 in championships with another 6 semi-final losses in the last 20 years

Not even counting my Sharks that I picked as a lark lol

Lol can never have too many rings man. And when you lost out on them to Eli, it stings even more......But yeah, Boston has been spoiled this decade. 

On a side note, i just realized Montana has NO major sports teams  

Jun 17 at 4:20:04 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Preseason optimism knows no bounds. With the way the NFL is today you never really know who will be one of the teams to turn from pretenders to contenders and vice versa. My preseason optimism is for La'el (sp) Collins to be a solid right tackle this year replacing Doug Free. If that happens then I don't see why Dallas can't be as good as they were last year. The D-line has a good chance at being better than last year which isn't saying much, but if they can be close to decent then that will help out the young secondary. The new secondary together with Scandrick and Jones will have to play at least as well as last year for Dallas to be in the playoffs again. The NFC East doesn't look too tough, as long as NY has Eli at QB they won't be any better no matter how many weapons they have.

Who the hell is going to play left guard? free randomly retiring ruined the oline depth since the good backups have bolted for cash. Chaz Green better be healthy or I dont even think we have a swing tackle backup

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Jun 17 at 4:21:23 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

that clown and a helmet

SNES 304
N64  166
Original Gameboy 48

Jun 17 at 5:34:36 AM
americasteam7 (65)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Who the hell is going to play left guard? free randomly retiring ruined the oline depth since the good backups have bolted for cash. Chaz Green better be healthy or I dont even think we have a swing tackle backup

Jonathan Cooper. Reports are he's getting first team reps.

Edited: 06/17/2017 at 05:36 AM by americasteam7