Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How I Got Scammed By Brenda Huff, Owner Of Wisdom Tree

May 11, 2016 at 1:23:17 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zeppelin03 (47)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Lot of lessons packed into this thread. I now know who not to do business with, how not to do business, and how not to pay a business. Hopefully this works out for you OP but I have my doubts.

May 11, 2016 at 1:35:23 PM
Paul (225)
(Paul ) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: zredgemz

When you guys do quote someone, only keep the quote of the guy you are replying to please. Otherwise i get a bunch of emails, telling me i have been quoted and find out the reply was not for me.

If you don't like to be notified when your posts or posts quoting your post are quoted, turn them off in your profile. 

People are lazy, noone is going to take the time to trim down the quoted post to stop you from getting emails.

I get 100s of PMs about quotes that turn out to be nothing related to my post, but it's whatever I choose to get the PM so I deal with it.

May 11, 2016 at 1:37:36 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Stryphos (274)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Paul

If you don't like to be notified when your posts or posts quoting your post are quoted, turn them off in your profile. 

People are lazy, noone is going to take the time to trim down the quoted post to stop you from getting emails.

I get 100s of PMs about quotes that turn out to be nothing related to my post, but it's whatever I choose to get the PM so I deal with it.

What can we say Paul, you're just that popular

-------------------------
Haves     |     Wants

May 11, 2016 at 1:41:49 PM
pats1717 (878)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

When you guys do quote someone, only keep the quote of the guy you are replying to please. Otherwise i get a bunch of emails, telling me i have been quoted and find out the reply was not for me.

100% correct

May 11, 2016 at 1:44:31 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (225)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas

I'm going to have to test quoting someone outside of a thread the quote was originally in, and I think this will be the quote I'll use to test it!

P.S. I've already got the Jive Turkey, deal with it.  

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 11, 2016 at 2:29:44 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: pats1717

100% correct

I was under that impression as well.

May 11, 2016 at 2:33:13 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I said please but whatever, continue the dog pile.

Edited: 05/11/2016 at 02:33 PM by zredgemz

May 11, 2016 at 2:40:21 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Dude, come on man.  We're just messing around.  No need to actually get offended.  There are lot of things to get worked up over, and I don't think post quoting is one of them.

Have a beer, and enjoy your day.

May 11, 2016 at 4:19:40 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (457)
(RL ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Dude, come on man.  We're just messing around.  No need to actually get offended.  There are lot of things to get worked up over, and I don't think post quoting is one of them.

Have a beer, and enjoy your day.

+1

May 11, 2016 at 4:31:30 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Ay Jay Will-Yams) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Stryphos

Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Let me know if that's enough proof.
Ugh, just ugh.

Okay I'll shut up about it.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 05/11/2016 at 04:32 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 11, 2016 at 4:35:36 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Ay Jay Will-Yams) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I'm going to have to test quoting someone outside of a thread the quote was originally in, and I think this will be the quote I'll use to test it!

P.S. I've already got the Jive Turkey, deal with it.  

Us Jive Turkeys are an outspoken bunch. We should stick together!

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:00:59 AM
bootload (7)

< Meka Chicken >
I wonder if this is something Pat Contri would want to give some exposure to on his video show. Anyone know how to contact him?

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:02:46 AM
Nirvana (1)
(Kori Winstead) < King Solomon >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: bootload

I wonder if this is something Pat Contri would want to give some exposure to on his video show. Anyone know how to contact him?
He's on Facebook. Maybe try sending him a friend request?

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:45:32 AM
barrelsAndRivets (132)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: bootload

Message him here? 

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:19:17 AM
SUBSCRIBER
NostalgicMachine (8)

< Master Higgins >
New Hampshire
How the hell did I miss this thread?!

I agree with talking to Pat, OP!

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:25:19 AM
SUBSCRIBER
MuNKeY (123)
(Keeper of the Cheese ) < Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: NostalgicMachine

How the hell did I miss this thread?!

I agree with talking to Pat, OP!

Your not alone apparently I missed it as well.

Guessing nothing came of this after all?

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2785-6913-5397

PSN: MuNKeY1974

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:02:18 PM
MathUser2929 (0)
(D L) < Eggplant Wizard >
South Dakota
Well, Wisdom Tree didn't start out as a Christian company. It developed regular games. They just decided to go after a niche market to give them a edge. They catered to a audience that noone else was catering to. So it's possible she wasn't really a christian or really that dedicated. I don't know what happened here but it's sad that it wasn't resolved. But 10 dollars for a Wisdom Tree game? You kinda were ripping her off. It was what she asked for tho.

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:38:25 PM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
piko said he bought wisdom tree from brenda. i wish i had money to burn too.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:06:54 PM
Gex (33)
(Ryley Rolls ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
In the words of James Rolfe:

- "If I was god, i'd be pissed"

<<< My TurboGrafx 16 ISO

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:41:02 PM
PowerPlayers (84)
(The User Formerly Known As Joseph Leo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: shawnphase

So are we collecting old companies now?....I call dibs on Caltron.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:29:51 PM
MrWunderful (275)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Originally posted by: shawnphase

So are we collecting old companies now?....I call dibs on Caltron.

Ill take working designs. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:39:42 PM
americasteam7 (65)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
this is 100% a scam. I've been scammed before through paypal and the "seller" acted just like this. "oops sorry I pushed the wrong button." "Oops sorry I forgot I'll have it out tomorrow." "You won't believe this I cannot get my paypal connected to the bank, wait a couple more days." Yeah you are right I don't believe it I will open up a case with paypal now.

Feb 14 at 12:03:34 AM
bootload (7)

< Meka Chicken >
Update time. I never posted this at the time it happened because I was still holding out hope but now I know there's no way I'm going to be getting anything. This guy is everything I've ever heard about him.

In October of 2016 I got this private message from another member here that was contacted by Piko of Piko Interactive, the company that bought out Wisdom Tree. Here is the conversation that followed.

October 17 2016
To: me

Hey, I just got contacted by Piko of Piko Interactive over on Atariage. Here is the message he sent:

"I just stumbled up one this thread:

http://nintendoage.c...threadid=1...

I might be able to help him to recoup some of his loss. Brenda's Husband died at the beginning of 2016.
I've been also having trouble contacting her, she takes too long to answer emails.
She actually owns me 4 boxes worth of Wisdom tree Old stock and I even sent her the pre-paid labels.
So I was hoping if you can ask the member to contact me and I'll give him some free stuff that I bought from Brenda that she was able to send last year.

Hope this is ok.

Also, is funny they keep saying im horrible with bad business practices and what not, when Dra600n and beaglepuss etc have a Kickstarter up for Socks the cat game without the rights (Claiming they have the rights!)
I have proof that would show otherwise (Talked to the developer, as well as the two people that ran Kaneko USA and were in charge of the game."

If you could contact him at info@pikointeractive.com or use the contact form on his website,
https://www.pikointeractive.com/c......
he might could help with your situation.

October 17 2016
To: Piko

Hi there, I got your message that you had forwarded to me through a member on AtariAge, thanks for contacting me, it's very nice of you to do that. I would be very interested in any items from my list that I could get from you to try and recover some of the cost, I imagine I could cover the cost of shipping and maybe even a little extra for whatever items you're able to provide. That would be fantastic. The items I'm most concerned about are the discs with the source code for the games, I'm a software developer myself and would be interested to see how the Assembly is laid out and possibly learn how to create games myself. And besides that I'm a complete / boxed collector so I'd really like to have any boxes / manuals I'm missing for my collection as well.

I didn't know you were on Atari Age as well, I also collect Atari as my second interest behind NES. If you have any Atari items for sale I would be interested in buying those from you as well, or swapping with anything I have for sale. I just have some doubles of common games right now, nothing major.

Thanks again, you're a good guy to reach out to me like that.

October 17 2016

Hey I am sorry to hear what happened. I know Brenda's husband passed away at the beginning of the year. I don't know if that affected your order or not.

I did read your story and I found odd that she still was trying to sell you stuff, specially the source code of games (we own that now) and that she mentioned she kept the computer games (may be not the Wisdom Tree brand ones, as we own that too)

She actually is supposed to send me 4 boxes of old stock and back ups.

Anyways, I have some PC games (Bible Adventures and Exodus) that I can send you (old stock) as well as some manuals (Bible Buffet, Bible Adventures and King of Kings NES) As well as a Super Noah's Ark 3D reprint.

I can send you the source codes of the games we got back ups for, but only if you promise it is only for educational purposes, she wasn't supposed to sell them lol but may be she needed the cash or something. The source code are virtually worthless as they were used in old DOS PCs so you couldn't probably compile it. But I'm not against of sending what we have for you to learn or peak around the code.

Let me know what you think.

Also, on your NA thread they paint me as the devil etc. Just so you know, they (Dra600n, Beaglepuss and company) are bootleggers and they plotted (this is my belief) to kick me out of the website because we basically license or buy rights of the games we work with. At the time I was working with Chris Huelsback and Andreas Escher to find the Indiana Jones prototype and I missed the auction. They worked and their friends worked on that game back in the day and they didn't wanted to go to someone that was going to make bootleg carts. 

Anyways, let me know what do you want to do about the WT stuff. And if you can get a refund or something off Brenda, get it, she needs to be responsible for her deals.

Cheers!

Eli

October 18 2016

I feel bad about her husband but it was just a totally weird experience. I travel for a lot of comic conventions so I'm hoping one day I'll find her at a booth somewhere and ask her about my money. I don't understand why you would ruin your name for $250, money's not that important.

Thanks for understanding, it's funny she didn't even own the code to sell, I didn't know that until now.

Are the PC games vintage as well? That's cool, I love seeing obscure stuff like that, I didn't even know they were released on that platform back then but I'm always looking for PC versions of NES games, Mega Man is one I've been after a long time. I'd very much appreciate any of that stuff you would like to send me, let me know if I can help you pay for any of it.

As for the source code, I'm a man of integrity. I collect because I enjoy it and once something goes into my collection of over 1000 games, it never comes out of the black hole, I hardly sell anything unless I somehow get an exact double of it. There are some people that would sell their soul for a dollar but I can assure you the only reason I want the source code is to try modifying some of the code and see how the game play changes so I can learn the language. I want to create my own Mega Man style game one day and this would really help, my plan is to continuously copy it to a PowerPak and try out my changes. However, are you saying it's strictly DOS code and won't compile in ASM? If that's the case I would still like to have it but I'm afraid it would just sit on the shelf and not get used as I was hoping to get a copy of the NES code to be able to play with. Still cool to have though. I often see the development disks on Ebay and think about buying them but they still go pretty high.

I heard you were disliked on the forums and never really knew what happened though I've seen it first hand a couple of times as well. Someone posted an email communication that you tried to buy an item that Matt Nolan had purchased, I couldn't quite figure out why you'd try to buy it from the seller rather than just make an offer to the buyer. That really seemed to rub them the wrong way, I know Mark more than Matt, I was actually just texting Mark over the weekend, I bought 22 boxed games from him last week and we were working out shipping details. Was the Indiana Jones game ever released or the ROM dumped? What was it?

Now you mentioning that Tom doesn't have the rights to Socks The Cat is very interesting, why not call him out on it? How do you know? I wouldn't mind finding out more information about that.

October 18 2016

Im pretty sure they dont own socks about 95% sure the only way they got the rights was by going to Japan and finding hiroshi Kaneko. Ive talked to David Warhol who developed Socks for Kaneko as well as Jeff hill and Ellen Fuong that ran Kaneko USA all of them confirm that the game would be owned by Hiroshi Kaneko.

Another weird thing is that Jeff said the game was never finished over a couple of demos concepts so its odd if they found a finished version.

I dont want to get in more drama honestly main reason why I wont call them out, but If I get a questiok about it publicly I would give my opinion.

As for Mark/Matt, that time I didnt know they had bought it, they posted about the auction on Sega 16 and I asked there if someone knew who bought it because I knew the Factor 5 guys. And they replied to me with memes and jokes (not even implying they bought it) so I sent that private message that was posted publicly on NA (which against TOS lol)

Anyways, I wouldn't mind making peace with them, I never tried to screw them over it. It felt more like a trap/plot than anything (I was buying rights of prototypes and unreleased games and they make a ton of money off that).

Anyways I'll see what code I have and send it on a zip file then let me know if you want some of the pc games, goodies and noahs cart  . If ever get the rest of the stuff brenda is suppose to send (i gave here the prepaid labels even!!) i'll let you know whats there if you want something (probably stickers etc)

Cheers!

Eli

October 18 2016

The game wasn't finished, they hired some developers to complete it and then hired a designer to redesign the box art.
Awesome, I'll take whatever you can send me, just let me know if you need any money or my shipping address! Thanks!

October 18 2016

Ive read where mindsinsult says the game was finished but had some bugs.
Anyways give me your address and ill send them as soon as you can  .
Cheers!
Sent from my iPhone

October 18 2016

Here's my address:
Cheers!

October 18 2016

Cool, It would take some days as I am a bit busy but definitely will get to you!

October 18 2016

Great, thank you! How did you find the thread I posted?

October 18 2016

I was trying to find info about Brenda like her phone to call here because she hasnt gotten back with me for like 3 months or more!

Sent from my iPhone

October 24 2016

Hello, just a bit busy, but I'll make sure to get your package out soon.

December 5 2016

Looking forward to it!

And that's it, I haven't received anything from this guy and no more communication occurred. Who the hell does that?

Feb 14 at 12:15:44 AM
Nirvana (1)
(Kori Winstead) < King Solomon >
Louisiana
lolololololo

Feb 14 at 6:03:23 AM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
Originally posted by: dra600n

Originally posted by: Lincoln

Piko is banned here because he got caught trying to backdoor another member on ebay. so, "on the level" might be a stretch.

As well as riddled with basic grammatical and spelling errors. Not trying to knock the guy, but the quality control isn't there.

And known to threaten litigation if you called out his shady business practices on an online forum.
These are dirty people, dirty dirty people

Sorry for the necro-noti's.
Don't deal with Piko.

Edited: 02/14/2018 at 06:07 AM by Majesty ZX