Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Orab Games: Tailgate Party RE and LE Sales Thread - Shipping Delay This week EARLY BIRD PROMOTION!

Jun 01 at 7:07:27 PM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
SHIPPING DELAY
All orders from June 21-25 will ship out on June 26. Thanks for the understanding.

Welcome to the Tailgate Party sale thread. A brand new game for your Nintendo Entertainment System!
Development Thread with story about the development of Tailgate Party:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
-----------------------------------------------------
EARLY BIRD PROMOTION!
I got to thinking to myself over the weekend and I said "Self, wouldn't it be really cool to award the early supports?" That is when idea hit me like errant thrown corn bag (now that I think about it, it may have been a real corn bag...).
The first 12 Regular Edition CIBs will recieve a FREE Can Cooler and a Free Drawstring Backback. I will be out of backpacks at this point!  NONE LEFT
The next 20 orders will recieve a FREE Can Cooler, regardless of what level of the RE was purchased (CIB, CI, or cart only)! 13 are still available

If you have already ordered and your order has been shipped, I will send you an addition package with your free swag free of charge!
If you ordered any of the additional swag, I will refund you the cost of your swag and get any missing pieces sent to you!

I really want to get my game in your hands and this is the least I can do for my early adopters. I apologize that I didn't think of this sooner. To be honest, an early bird promotion completely slipped my mind with the excitement of getting this game ready for release day! Again, thank you for your support and I really hope you enjoy the game and your free swag! This will depleat my extra stock of both of these. Once these are gone, there will be no more available.
-----------------------------------------------------

Instead of an auction thread, I have decided to sell all editions at a set price.  I hope everyone finds this to be a much easier experience than trying to deal with the headaches of an auction.

There are 30 total Limited Editions, 22 will be up for sale, 8 will be distributed to the development team.

Speaking of the team, thanks to each and every one that helped me along the way. We worked tirelessly for over 2 years to release a fun and unique Homebrew. Without this team, this game would not be what it is today. If you enjoy Tailgate Party, be sure to let the team know as well. They all worked hard on this project! Also, thank you ahead of time to everyone that decides to purchase the game and support the project. All of you were our motivation to complete it.

The game has been tested on real NES hardware and  the AVS. It is not tested on other clone systems. The system must be able to support GT-ROM and the Power Pad. If you have any questions, please ask.

About Tailgate Party
Tailgate Party is a party game designed to make use of the Power Pad by bringing cornhole to the NES. My goal was to take this unpopular peripheral and give it a good use that everyone would enjoy! What better way than tossing projectiles at a 30 year old controller! Tailgate Party features a Single-Player Story Mode as well as a Multiplayer Mode. In addition, players can choose from 11 playable characters, 7 game modes, and a full soundtrack written by NA forum member, Zi. Not only that, it includes achievements that you must decipher to unlock! In Story Mode, guide Andy and Ellie through the Shuckers parking lot as they learn about the evil that has taken over the gameday experience. You will be faced with 9 different opponents and 2 difficulty settings as you master your cornholing craft. As you defeat each opponent, they will be unlocked in Vs Mode.

Here are a couple of videos showing some of the mechanics and features of the game.

All editions are made using GT-ROM boards developed by Memblers Industries. Each board contains flash memory, allowing you to save your progress in the game. You will also be able to reset the cartridge back to factory default at any time.

All printed materials are provided through NA member rizz. Eveything is professional looking and very high quality!

HOW TO PURCHASE
US AND CANADA ONLY. I apologize for any inconvenience.
PayPal is the preferred method of payment. Please use Goods and Services.
7% sales tax applies to all purchases from Nebraska.

REGULAR EDITIONS – Currently 84 Copies Available
Complete: $60+Shipping
Cart + Manual: $50+Shipping
Cart Only: $45+Shipping

Shipping will be USPS Small Flat Rate unless otherwise specified by the buyer. You can either PM me or comment below, please include if you want CIB, CI, or Cart Only.

What's Included With The Regular Editions:
1. Complete: Cart, Manual, Box, Dust Sleeve, Styrofoam Block, Orab Games Business Card
2. Cart + Manual: Cart, Manual, Dust Sleeve, Orab Games Business Card
3. Cart Only: Cart, Dust Sleeve, Orab Games Business Card

These carts will be smoked translucent in color.

LIMITED EDTIONS – Only 12 of 30 copies are available!
Limited Edition: $200+Shipping
Customized Character: Add $50

LIMIT 1 LE PER CUSTOMER! (for now, if these don't sell out, I will open the rest back up to everyone)

Shipping will be USPS Medium Flat Rate.

Please comment in the thread below on what version of the LE you want along with the number. Numbers are assigned first come, first serve. These boxes are packed FULL. Use caution when opening them as to not cut through the contents!

Each LE Sale Will Include
- 1 Modified Game cart made with 100% brand new parts! No donors! The carts and labels are modified to look like a real playable cornhole board. Carts will have alternating back and front shell colors with odd numbered carts having blue translucent fronts with red translucent backs and even numbered carts will be the opposite. Carts are hand numbered.
- Numbered Title Screen.
- A professionally printed Box modified to look like a cornhole board. Hand numbered.
- A Professionally Printed 16 page, full color Manual. Not numbered.
- 1 clear cartridge protector made by www.videogameboxprotectors.com...
- 1 Styrofoam block so your game fits snug in the box. From rizz.
- 4 Blue and 4 Red high quality regulation cornhole bags made by Brad’s Cornhole Bags on Etsy! Each bag is double-stitched, made with strong duck canvas, and filled with 15 ounces of real corn.
- 4 Blue and 4 Red 3D Printed Mini-Bags to play cornhole on your modified cartridge shell! Packed in a 2x2 inch clear plastic zip baggie.
-1 Blue Tailgate Party Drawstring Backpack to store your cornhole bags.
-2 Red Tailgate Party neoprene can coolers.
-An Orab Games business card.

Want a Custom Character on your LE?
For those of you that choose to, for an extra cost, I will add a 12th customized playable character made just for your LE! That’s right! I will take the time to design one additional character of your choosing into the game! It could be you, a family member, a pet, or even a character that you personally created and have the rights to! At the time of the purchase, I will PM you with the email address that you will need so you can send me a headshot and the first and last name to use for your character. I will work with each buyer as I design their character. Some restrictions apply, see next paragraph. Below are a few examples that I have made for the team. You may recognize a couple of them.  

Custom Character Restrictions
1. I will not infringe on another's IP. You must own the rights to any character I am designing. The idea is to be able to put yourself into the game.
2. The first and last name must be 8 characters or less a piece. That is all I have room for.
3. I only have 3 colors to work with. Black is the background color, so black hair and shirts are not possible.

LE Numbers Available
1. JaxsBox
2. Reserved
3. Reserved
4. mattbep - Custom Character
5. Reserved
6. B.A. - Custom Character
7. dewisp02
8. Reserved
9. brokenkevin
10. qixmaster - Custom Character
11. Benihana
12. NeoZanac
gwyndion
15. The Hero - Custom Character
16. Fleck586
29. Reserved
30. Reserved
There are 2 additional LEs that are reserved, but those numbers will be assigned after everyone has chosen.

Multiple Copies
Shipping will be combined if you order multiple copies of the game. Buyer pays exact shipping and handling. It is possible to fit 1 CIB RE in the medium flat rate with 1 LE. It is tight, but it does work.

OTHER NOTES
- If you are looking for quality corn bags at a decent price, look at Brad's Corn Hole Bags on Etsy.

- Orders from my Canadian friends and Customized Character LEs are going to take a bit longer to receive. Sorry Canada, I have never mailed out of the country before, so I need some time to figure out what all needs to be done. The Customized Character LEs will be sent as each one is finished. The more that are ordered, the longer it may take as I need to draw each character and then update the code

-------------------------
Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Homebrews Threads - Orab Games - On Facebook

Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Edited: 06/20/2017 at 04:57 PM by Mega Mario Man

Jun 01 at 7:22:37 PM
JaxsBox (99)
(( NFR )) < King Solomon >
United States

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jun 01 at 7:27:27 PM
mattbep (104)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Any even number please. Excellent LE package! Top notch!

Jun 01 at 7:35:50 PM
wonderboy (391)
(Chris Leach) < Kraid Killer >
United States
#26 LE and I'm in!

....Somethin' Sweet Down There!

Jun 01 at 7:37:39 PM
MrWunderful (256)
(Corey ) < Master Higgins >
California
Killer LE man. You can tell a bunch of time and effort went into it. Great work.

I will take a CIB RE.

Jun 01 at 7:39:15 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (65)
(Serial Carpens ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Wow I am really impressed with this release, I saw it played at NESathon last year and it looked like a blast.

Good luck with the release.

A lot of people don't bother about their friends in the vegetable kingdom. They think, "Ah, what can I say? What can a person like myself say to a vegetable?" But the answer is simple, my friends . . . just call... and tell them how you feel... about muffins, pumpkins, wax paper, Caledonia Mahoganie's elbows and green things in general.

SW 4303-7800-4237

Jun 01 at 7:45:47 PM
Benihana (153)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Looks like #11 is available? I would love to have it. Thanks  

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Edited: 06/01/2017 at 07:55 PM by Benihana

Jun 01 at 7:59:21 PM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I am caught up with the LEs reservations. I will contact each of you shortly. Thanks!

Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Jun 01 at 10:02:47 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (159)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Man... You can tell the 8-bit portraits are great, because I'm pretty sure I can tell who all 4 of them are!

Jun 01 at 11:23:06 PM
doner24 (283)
(Jesse D) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Regular CIB for me.

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Large NES and SNES box lots

Jun 01 at 11:51:41 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Put me down for a regular CIB.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"

Jun 02 at 1:13:18 AM
bootload (5)

< Eggplant Wizard >
I have a really hard time watching videos that are recorded sideways. Looks like a fun game from the screen shots.

Jun 02 at 1:37:32 AM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: bootload

I have a really hard time watching videos that are recorded sideways. Looks like a fun game from the screen shots.
I agree with you 100%, however, it was the only way to get the TV and the entire Power Pad in the shot and still see the animations on the screen. Otherwise, I would have had to back up another 7-8 feet and you can't make out anything on the screen from that distance.

Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Jun 02 at 4:28:47 AM
Launchpad (26)
< Little Mac >
United States
Wow! Great looking LE package.

I would love to buy a CIB Regular edition and add a can cooler too if there's any of them left over.

Jun 02 at 8:06:52 AM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I think I am caught up with PMs to all buyers. If I missed you, please let me know!

Thanks to everyone so far!

Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Edited: 06/02/2017 at 08:07 AM by Mega Mario Man

Jun 02 at 11:28:41 AM
SUBSCRIBER
zi (70)
(T Rags) < Kraid Killer >
New York
I am so proud to have contributed to this project. Amazing job on the project, well thought out and executed! And a respectful sale that's giving everyone a chance to purchase the LEs? Fantastic!!!

8 Bit Music For The 21st Century

Jun 02 at 4:16:05 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (211)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
It was a rough year for me and I wish I had done more for this project, but I'm still happy with what I did contribute. Looks great, super awesome how it all turned out. You da mang!

Do me a favor and sign me up for one of those regular editions.  

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 06/02/2017 at 04:16 PM by Ferris Bueller

Jun 02 at 4:37:58 PM
toshi5o3 (61)
(Sergio E.) < Meka Chicken >
California
This looks amazing! Looking forward to checking this out.  

"A Winner is You" -- Real audio on a cart? Full length NES album? Now you're playing with power. Play it on your AVS (or toaster): RetroUSB.com

Jun 02 at 4:56:27 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (142)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Wow... that LE is awesome! Very nice work!  

FS/FT/FO Here: Click This.

Jun 02 at 6:18:50 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zeppelin03 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Was this at too many games last year?

Jun 02 at 6:46:28 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (159)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: zeppelin03

The demo/an earlier build of it was, yes  

Edited: 06/02/2017 at 06:46 PM by neodolphino

Jun 02 at 7:29:33 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zeppelin03 (37)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Originally posted by: zeppelin03

The demo/an earlier build of it was, yes  

Awesome. That game was fun. I'll take a cart only of the regular version.

I need to find a power pad now.

Edited: 06/02/2017 at 08:20 PM by zeppelin03

Jun 02 at 9:15:42 PM
Mega Mario Man (47)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Thanks again everyone. I'll get caught up with orders and payments in a bit. Just got home.

Current Project
NONE

Homebrew Games For Sale
Tailgate Party

Jun 02 at 10:05:03 PM
dewisp02 (69)
(Mr. Jason) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I'll take an LE. Thanks!

-Wanting boxes for Panic Restaurant, Bubble Bobble 2, Earthbound [cardboard insert, too], manuals for Stack Up, Wayne's World, and EVO [box & manual only]!!

Jun 03 at 12:18:14 AM
BilltownSparty (86)
(Ben ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Regular cib for me please looks great! Very nice work bud

Currently Playing mario sunshine, Lost vikings and paper mario color splash hd