Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew/Reproduction Websites Updated 6/28/2017

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:44:14 PM
FishyFace Games (15)
(Fishy Face) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: fsped09

Originally posted by: goldenpp72

Sure, basically for example, a SNES title that has the same black box, grey cart, etc sort of theme. I checked out rosecolored gaming but all their stuff (while nice looking) seemed to be something that would stick out a lot among normal releases, while timewalk stuff didn't, it just had the same theme but with unique branding so you knew it was reproduced.

Since I only collect US releases, it's sometimes fun to get imports on reproductions that are 'US themed' to add a few unique bits while maintaining uniform I guess  

I see what you mean. There are a few people that might make those on this list. If you're looking for SNES stuff you might need to "Frankenstein" some CIBs. For instance, Uncle Tusk makes awesome boxes, and he has a large SNES selection. I don't sell too much SNES stuff but I do have a few SNES manuals. I just added FishyFace games who seems to have a large selection of SNES carts to choose from. So maybe that might help.

Hello! Just want to let you know that we are about to have a huge sale on our website, Buy 3 games get one free, and it is repeatable (example: buy 12 games get 4 for free). We have a bunch of new C.I.B's for sale as well, for all of those interested! The sale will take place tomorrow, July 13th!

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:42:21 AM
roboturchin (12)
(Vincent Crisafulli) < Little Mac >
United States
I guess this is just for supply sites?

Edited: 07/22/2016 at 06:44 AM by roboturchin

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:05:55 AM
blacksheep (9)

(Gerheart Wenckowski) < Cherub >
Alberta
Hi , Where can i get the SNES Cartridge that already has has many , many games on it - thanks ( seen them before but dont know what there called )

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:16:21 AM
knievil (0)

(chip masters) < Cherub >
Pennsylvania
double post

Edited: 07/24/2016 at 10:36 AM by knievil

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:26:42 AM
KPE (0)

< Cherub >

Edited: 07/11/2017 at 08:02 AM by KPE

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:27:46 AM
KPE (0)

< Cherub >

Edited: 07/24/2016 at 10:28 AM by KPE

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:29:22 AM
KPE (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: blacksheep

Hi , Where can i get the SNES Cartridge that already has has many , many games on it - thanks ( seen them before but dont know what there called )

Super EverDrive

http://krikzz.com/store/  

Edited: 07/24/2016 at 10:30 AM by KPE

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:41:00 AM
knievil (0)

Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Daria

I wouldn't recommend Chip Masters at all - I was pretty vocal on Facebook about being anti-reproduction and one of his people attempted to cyber stalk/threaten me into silence. Backfired on him but there are way nicer guys you could give your money to.

Hi Daria can you message me a little more about your experience I am a one man operation and have never heard of this interaction. I take my reviews very seriously and would gladly give you a free game for your trouble. I guess I'm just most curious to see who I know that would troll you I assume just a customer?

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:48:11 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Edit: Again giving this seller the benefit of the doubt. Move along folks.

-------------------------

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 07/24/2016 at 02:17 PM by Daria

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:05:42 PM
knievil (0)

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: knievil

I wouldn't recommend Chip Masters at all - I was pretty vocal on Facebook about being anti-reproduction and one of his people attempted to cyber stalk/threaten me into silence. Backfired on him but there are way nicer guys you could give your money to.

Hi Daria can you message me a little more about your experience I am a one man operation and have never heard of this interaction. I take my reviews very seriously and would gladly give you a free game for your trouble. I guess I'm just most curious to see who I know that would troll you I assume just a customer?

I don't want your games. But if Chris Martin was acting of his own volition (he claimed to represent individuals who run businesses that can't damge their own reputations) our own personal interaction wasn't very positive either.

Jul 24, 2016 at 12:12:50 PM
knievil (0)

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: knievil

I don't want your games. But if Chris Martin was acting of his own volition (he claimed to represent individuals who run businesses that can't damge their own reputations) our own personal interaction wasn't very positive either.

No idea who that is either I don't show any emails messages or orders from either of you. Must be a mixup of repro makers maybe? would love to see a screenshot of whatever happened. I'm not friends with you or Chris on facebook. but I see we share some very respectable friends like Bishop, Reggie, Riggs etc.

Edited: 07/24/2016 at 12:14 PM by knievil

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:00:45 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Starting tomorrow, I will be offering AO for the NES and Bomb on Basic City for the Sega genesis (launch will be at the Long Island Retro Expo), followed by the website after the weekend. Could the Second Dimension entry could be updated in the first post please?  

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Dec 12, 2016 at 5:53:27 PM
Bighab (64)

(James Morgan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
Looking for recommendations for anyone who can make me a few customs Snes reproductions(Wizardry 6 Bane of the Cosmic Forge, Wizardry Gaiden IV) as well as print out nice quality Snes reproduction labels for a few older reproductions that I have. PM me

http://gametz.com/user/Bighab.htm...

Dec 19, 2016 at 5:45:50 AM
ErickRPG (2)

< Cherub >
Can anyone tell me where I can get the best quality mother 3 GBA box and manual and cart? If I have to buy the cart somewhere and box and manual somewhere else that's fine. Also best place for SNES translated RPGs CIB?

Uncle Tusk has mother 3 but I don't really like his lack of small white text on the back of the box.

Edited: 12/19/2016 at 05:53 AM by ErickRPG

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:15:04 AM
ErickRPG (2)

< Cherub >
So who's considered the best of the best right now for full CIB translated repros? someone mentioned rosecolored in the fishyface thread but rosecolored has no games in their game section. So those 2? And in the past TimeWalker. How do the current 2 compare? And how come Watermelon and Superfighter aren't listed? Is it because they are larger companies that develop their own games or in superfighter's case actually gets licensing rights?

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:27:00 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (212)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I don't see RetroProtection.com listed.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:29:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (212)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: ErickRPG

And how come Watermelon and Superfighter aren't listed? Is it because they are larger companies that develop their own games or in superfighter's case actually gets licensing rights?

Have either of those two actually put out a product, or just talk about it for a couple years?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:01:55 PM
ErickRPG (2)

< Cherub >
Is there any way to get a Quality Lenus II Cart/Box/Instructions right now or do I just have to wait for fishyface to make one?

Dec 27, 2016 at 9:03:06 PM
ErickRPG (2)

< Cherub >
What's up with rosecolored? They have a java rotating picture showing Marvelous Adventure but click on it and nothing is found. And zero items in their games section.  How come no games shown? Also is there anyone up there with RoseColored and Fishyface as far as SNES CIBs?  I have flashback and uncletusk as potential places I might shop.  Just looking to fill up my SNES collection with some nice unrleased RPG repros.

Edited: 12/27/2016 at 09:08 PM by ErickRPG

Jan 17 at 6:39:31 AM
KPE (0)

< Cherub >
Watermelon and Superfighter are developers not repro makers 

Jan 17 at 6:45:57 AM
KPE (0)

< Cherub >
RetroProtection.com is not repro site 

Jan 18 at 3:29:33 PM
breakmanexe (0)
< Cherub >
California

What's up with rosecolored? They have a java rotating picture showing Marvelous Adventure but click on it and nothing is found. And zero items in their games section.  How come no games shown? Also is there anyone up there with RoseColored and Fishyface as far as SNES CIBs?  I have flashback and uncletusk as potential places I might shop.  Just looking to fill up my SNES collection with some nice unrleased RPG repros.

Rose Colored does repros sometimes, but they sell out almost instantly due to very limited releases. They haven't done a game release in some time either.

Flashback does some decent CIBs. The quality of their boxes and manuals' materials are quite good, and their cart shells feel fine. My only complaint is their choice of box art in lots of cases leaves something to be desired. I picked up their CIB of Legend of Link recently; good job on the gold cart, good high quality feel to everything; a goddamned eyesore of a box on the shelf. But not all their stuff looks like ass.

Uncle Tusk also does a good job, especially for what feels like a one-man show. I've ordered both CIBs and manual/box combos from him and haven't really been disappointed. Might take some time since, again, he does seem to be running his operation solo. Some of his more desirable items have been out of stock for quite some time, though.

Not on your list, but check out OCD Reproductions as well. Their carts are pretty good, they offer some CIBs (most made with Uncle Tusk boxes/manuals) and they have a huge variety.

Right now my vote for quality is FishyFace, hands-down. Most of the repros on my shelves are FishyFace repros. My only "complaint" is that Fishy mainly does SNES repros and doesn't really branch too far away from that. But what he does do is fantastic quality, so it's really not much of a complaint; I've been satisfied with what I've got.

Edited: 01/18/2017 at 03:30 PM by breakmanexe

Apr 08 at 5:37:23 PM
Holy_Ostrich (26)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >

Is there any way to get a Quality Lenus II Cart/Box/Instructions right now or do I just have to wait for fishyface to make one?

You're going to have to wait on that because as far as I'm aware the manual for that has never been translated.

Apr 13 at 2:20:51 PM
SUBSCRIBER
8bithustler (45)
(Brandon Rose) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
FishyFace has come through for me in a bind when i needed matching box and manual for some of my repros i have at home. They have an Etsy store for single items too which was a godsend. Uncle Tusk has gotten the rest of my business, along with that sweet FF Mystic Quest remake that cost me a heck of a lot less thank you sale pricing.

Timewalk games was a grade above in my book. I bought their FF boxset and shortly after had to sell it to pay for the now wife's engagement ring. BUT for the time i had it it was amazing as i grew up with FF as my first RPG, followed closely by DQ.

Save point has amazing turnaround too on single carts.

red warrior needs food badly
facebook.com/8bithustler
snootchie bootchies!

Apr 27 at 11:10:29 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: fsped09

Originally posted by: Fleck586

Nice! Glad to see you are running this, Francis. Was Gwyndion just not able to keep up with his?

I don't know, he posted in that thread that he wasn't updating it anymore. It was a great idea then, so we wanted to keep it going.

Originally posted by: IBtiM

Awesome. Thanks for including us!

No problem, you guys made great stuff!
Just saw this thread (Shows how often I'm looking at the forums).  Thank you so much, Fsped09, for keeping this going.  I genuinely didn't want to see it go away, but also wasn't willing to maintain the thread anymore.  I'm happy to see the homebrew/repro community continue to thrive.

I'm still around guys.  I make rare appearances on NA and I will be at the PRGE (Portland Retro Gaming Expo) this year for my second year in a row as a vendor.  I have a ton of rare homebrew/repros that I am still selling and I'm actively cataloging all of the video games, and gaming related items, that I own.  Once I have the homebrew/repro gaming list together I will post it here on NA so if someone is looking for some obscure homebrew/repro/hack then you will probably be able to pick it up for fairly cheap.

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions about any of this stuff, I'm always happy to help answer and share any knowledge I have.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...