Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew/Reproduction Websites Updated 6/28/2017

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:32:28 AM
fsped09 (227)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York

makes NES and SNES repros and is the home of the famous Powerpaks.  Brian, aka BunnyBoy on NA, is the owner and they are headquartered in Redwood City, CA.  He does not answer PM's so please do not PM him, he is extremely busy:
www.retrousb.com

does NES repros and a few SNES repros.  Joe is the owner, coinheaven on NA, and currently has the LARGEST list of NES repros out there.  His has quality work and he has a fast turnaround.
www.thenesdump.com

makes repro boxes, labels, and manuals.  fsped09 on NA  He can also do special requests.  He does all the 8-bit XMAS boxes and most boxes for RetroUSB titles.  He does incredible work. He hand cuts all his boxes, labels and manuals. 
www.nes-city.com

makes phenomenal repros.  They do their own custom art as well as posters, maps and amazing full CIB releases.  They also do custom consoles and homebrews not sold anywhere else.
www.rosecoloredgaming.com

One of the the best repro box makers out there.  Top of the line printing and the boxes have the folds in them.  It feels just like a factory made NES original box when he makes one.  Very reasonable prices also.
www.uncletusk.com

An original Nintendo NES Programmer. Creator of some amazing titles such as, Ultimate Frogger Champion, Study Hall, Larry and the Long Look for a Luscious Lover, and The Incident.
www.khangames.com

owned and run by Dra600n here on NA.  He makes his own homebrews for Sega and on a rare occassion dables in NES or other.  He's an amazing guy and has some quality stuff.  He also sells Sega PCB boards and NES NROM PCB's. 
www.second-dimension.com

is an amazing company making NES & SNES repro games.  They have unique hacks (exlusive to them) and their quality is phenomenal!  They have one of the best zelda hacks and it's exclusive to them.
www.shopflashbackgames.com

makes repros for NES.  He also does a few maps/posters as well.  His repros are very inexpensive if you provide a donor.  He offers full painted carts with new labels also if you just want to buy repros.  He has a sale thread on NA:
ClarkyCreations FS Thread on NA

makes a variety of NES repros and homebrews.  This is Leon's website and he does have some custom labels that are unique.
www.nesreproductions.com

Home of THE CHIP MAESTRO! and now Haunted: Halloween '85!
www.cashinculture.com

makes repro carts.  He is a member here on NA.  He does his own custom labels and the carts come out beautifully.  He does excellent work and his prices are extremely good.  He currently has a HUGE selection of NES games which some are ocd exclusives.
www.ocdreproductions.com

Millerjm2 here on NA makes some AMAZING CIB repros.  He also does custom work of future released titles. He is now making full IB sets.
www.thisroomisanillusion.com

is another repro maker of repro boards.  They don't sell full blown repros anymore but will provide the boards.
www.retrostage.net

They currently make repros for Game Trader.  They have a lot of custom made labels that are unique.  They have a variety of SNES repros that most repro makers don't make.
www.lostclassicvgs.com

is a newer repro making site that has a LOT of SNES titles. He goes by darknezz19 here on NA.
www.depotretro.com

is the flash cart for the N64.  This is "like" the powerpak for NES and SNES except this is for N64.  Not all roms work with it and there is a long wait from when you order until you receive it.
www.retroactive.be/64drive/

makes NES music development carts.  They currently have "Beatbox" and "NESK-1" which allow for some musicians to make homebrew music.
www.heavyw8bit.com

makes custom NES Synth carts to do custom Midi making music.  They even have a cool controller combo thing that costs $295 but can do a lot.
www.ninstrument.com

makes Everdrive carts for Sega, SNES, Nintendo 64, Sega Master System and Game Gear.  They come CIB and looks pretty awesome!  They also have a digital magazine they publish as well as selling games.
www.stoneagegamer.com

offers homebrew CIB games. The Kazzo cartridge "INL Retro" Dumper-Programmer, and NES Cartridge Production Supplies like PCB Flash boards.
www.infiniteneslives.com

is run by necrosaro420 here on NA.  He has a bunch of NES/SNES repros. It does take about 30-60 days (one user reported over a year's wait) on average before you receive your items so please keep this in mind, and buy at your own risk.
www.gamereproductions.com

Home of STAR VERSUS CIB!
www.store.dustmop.io

Game box protecters for just about everything! NES/SNES/N64/Genesis and so much more! He is member jimpoleshuk on NA.
www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Wonderful 8-Bit Music!
www.bleepbop.com

A one-stop shop for all things "new retro" games
www.thebitstationgames.com

Offers a big tasty batch of ready-to-ship SNES games and rom hacks
www.fishyfacegames.com

8 Bit Evolution breathes new life into old consoles. New Games, new parts, all awesome! Sells Homebrews, cart supplies, and offers repairs!
www.8bitevolution.com

high quality guides that you want for all the great retro games that were overlooked.
www.gerrysguides.com

Sole Goose Productions specializes in making new games for the old NES. New NES games in 20xx, who would have thought! 
www.solegooseproductions.com/

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 11:26 PM by fsped09

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:44:37 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Edit: Retracting my previous feedback. Turns out about a year ago some guy was selling reproductions under the name of Chip Masters on facebook but has zero affilitation with Dustin, or his website ChipMaster.us

-------------------------

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 07/29/2016 at 12:41 PM by Daria

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:19:38 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (150)
(Jason Fleck) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Nice! Glad to see you are running this, Francis. Was Gwyndion just not able to keep up with his?

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:42:52 PM
IBtiM (10)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Awesome. Thanks for including us!

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Our new NES game Full Quiet is on Kickstarter now! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:05:36 PM
fsped09 (227)
New York
Originally posted by: Fleck586

Nice! Glad to see you are running this, Francis. Was Gwyndion just not able to keep up with his?

I don't know, he posted in that thread that he wasn't updating it anymore. It was a great idea then, so we wanted to keep it going.

Originally posted by: IBtiM

No problem, you guys made great stuff!

Edited: 06/23/2016 at 11:34 PM by fsped09

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:22:34 PM
SUBSCRIBER
behemos (125)
(Endless Mike) < Lolo Lord >
Maryland
This was brought up in the site suggestions thread by dra600n. Glad someone was listening. Thanks fsped. Very glad to have this resource back rather than having it buried in links.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:35:41 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Do any of them make repros of the trays that go inside boxes, like SNES, some 64, gameboy etc?

Edited: 06/23/2016 at 07:35 PM by Bert

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:38:13 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

Do any of them make repros of the trays that go inside boxes, like SNES, some 64, gameboy etc?

Videogameboxprotectors does I am pretty sure.

Safety "always" off.

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:39:12 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Cool list brother!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Jun 23, 2016 at 7:39:15 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Originally posted by: BertBerryCrunch

Videogameboxprotectors does I am pretty sure.

cool, I'll check them out. Need some box protectors too actually. Thanks bud!

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:35:56 PM
IBtiM (10)
(Tim Hartman) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: fsped09

Originally posted by: Fleck586

I don't know, he posted in this thread that he wasn't updating it anymore. It was a great idea then, so we wanted to keep it going.

Originally posted by: IBtiM

No problem, you guys made great stuff!

Glad to hear that. Thanks and HH86 is coming along nicely.

Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. Our new NES game Full Quiet is on Kickstarter now! Plus, our all original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow are out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:52:37 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
This is awesome! Thank you to all that made this possible  

Can it be noted that I also offer NES NROM PCB's as well?

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jun 23, 2016 at 9:41:13 PM
wonderboy (394)
(Chris Leach) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Nice thread very well put!

....Somethin' Sweet Down There!

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:42:11 PM
Leon (52)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
Thanks for doing this! Nice to have all of these sites in one place.

!! My entire NES/Famicom collection is for sale (link) !!

Edited: 06/23/2016 at 10:42 PM by Leon

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:39:55 PM
Flare (34)

< Crack Trooper >
California
Nice list, but I think sites that sell protection for our games/boxes/etc are useful as well.

WTB Zas Manual. Buying or Trading Gameboy Carts with CHN on the label, thanks.

My Sell Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
My Buy/Trade Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:58:32 AM
fsped09 (227)
New York
Originally posted by: Flare

Nice list, but I think sites that sell protection for our games/boxes/etc are useful as well.

I added VGBP. Anyone else?

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:35:28 AM
goldenpp72 (72)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
So, I have to ask, who of these sites would be the best to go to for full CIB releases that resemble (but aren't identical) looking to native releases? I used to buy some from Timewalk but they are gone obviously, so I was wondering if anyone was comparable? Anyone take custom request (like for real, not say they do but don't)?

My list of games and hardware i'd like to find
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

My topic for selling and trading games
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:59:07 AM
dquiros (101)
(David Quiros) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
what about Fishy Face games? they have some really great stuff and its affordable

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:54:22 AM
fsped09 (227)
New York
Originally posted by: goldenpp72

So, I have to ask, who of these sites would be the best to go to for full CIB releases that resemble (but aren't identical) looking to native releases? I used to buy some from Timewalk but they are gone obviously, so I was wondering if anyone was comparable? Anyone take custom request (like for real, not say they do but don't)?

Could you give me an example? I know more than a few of the folks on this list offer CIB. But I don't think that too many of us are making CIBs that "resemble" native releases. 

Originally posted by: dquiros

what about Fishy Face games? they have some really great stuff and its affordable
Added, thank you.

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:34:25 PM
goldenpp72 (72)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Sure, basically for example, a SNES title that has the same black box, grey cart, etc sort of theme. I checked out rosecolored gaming but all their stuff (while nice looking) seemed to be something that would stick out a lot among normal releases, while timewalk stuff didn't, it just had the same theme but with unique branding so you knew it was reproduced.

Since I only collect US releases, it's sometimes fun to get imports on reproductions that are 'US themed' to add a few unique bits while maintaining uniform I guess  

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:43:55 PM
fsped09 (227)
New York
Originally posted by: goldenpp72

Sure, basically for example, a SNES title that has the same black box, grey cart, etc sort of theme. I checked out rosecolored gaming but all their stuff (while nice looking) seemed to be something that would stick out a lot among normal releases, while timewalk stuff didn't, it just had the same theme but with unique branding so you knew it was reproduced.

Since I only collect US releases, it's sometimes fun to get imports on reproductions that are 'US themed' to add a few unique bits while maintaining uniform I guess  

I see what you mean. There are a few people that might make those on this list. If you're looking for SNES stuff you might need to "Frankenstein" some CIBs. For instance, Uncle Tusk makes awesome boxes, and he has a large SNES selection. I don't sell too much SNES stuff but I do have a few SNES manuals. I just added FishyFace games who seems to have a large selection of SNES carts to choose from. So maybe that might help.

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM
goldenpp72 (72)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Yeah I might do something like that but it would be a real pain. I'm waiting on some genesis repros I ordered from a gentlemen here but, I have a small list of Snes/Nes ones i'd like to track down as well and it's just been awful, worse off, timewalk had them all at some point, I really do miss their presence even if they were a bit pricey since they catered to the unusual needs of someone like myself. I'll take a look at each site further and see what I might be able to wrangle out of them. I thankfully do not plan to go incredibly deep into this market since it would largely just be to play a few imports, but still.

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:53:13 AM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
I'm actually going to have to finish my website now, thanks  .

Any reason for the order, or any chance homebrews and repros might be separated? There are still many who do not know the difference, and lumping them together seems to only aid in the confusion. Small thoughts, but other than that, it looks great and it is good to see the list back up and running.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:11:20 PM
fsped09 (227)
New York
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

I'm actually going to have to finish my website now, thanks  .

Any reason for the order, or any chance homebrews and repros might be separated? There are still many who do not know the difference, and lumping them together seems to only aid in the confusion. Small thoughts, but other than that, it looks great and it is good to see the list back up and running.

I've got a 2.0 in the works and its more organized. Might get tricky as a good number of the sites offer both repros and homebrews. I'm not certain this thread is the right one to educate people in the difference though. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:16:57 PM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
You're probably right on that, but anyways, keep up the good work!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com