Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gameboy Advance What was in the box?

Jul 11 at 8:53:06 PM
NesQuest (6)
< Crack Trooper >
I’ve never been a handheld collector, but I thought $20 for this at a shop was a decent price.  The box is really minty....came with the console, manual and console baggie.

What other inserts, cables, chargers, etc were included with these?!

Thanks in “advance” for the help  

Edited: 07/11/2019 at 08:53 PM by NesQuest

Jul 12 at 11:17:10 PM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
You definitely can't go wrong with this. I personally have never liked that form factor over the gba sp. I think it is a shame that people are removing ags 101 screens to put in these. I don't like the d pad on those things or the shoulder buttons and the fact that so many ags-101's are being scavenged for these, not to mention that Metaljesusrocks supported an idea that did just that, is one of the reasons I can't stand that crew and never watch their videos.
This is probably not the response you were looking for, lol.

Jul 13 at 4:28:59 AM
Frenetic Zetetic (1)
< Little Mac >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: 14u2ponder

You definitely can't go wrong with this. I personally have never liked that form factor over the gba sp. I think it is a shame that people are removing ags 101 screens to put in these. I don't like the d pad on those things or the shoulder buttons and the fact that so many ags-101's are being scavenged for these, not to mention that Metaljesusrocks supported an idea that did just that, is one of the reasons I can't stand that crew and never watch their videos.
Can you give me a brief synopsis of how MJR spurred a movement? I think I grasp what you're saying but I missed any sort of "grab up all the Ags-101!" craze.

Jul 13 at 7:17:31 AM
14u2ponder (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: Frenetic Zetetic

Can you give me a brief synopsis of how MJR spurred a movement? I think I grasp what you're saying but I missed any sort of "grab up all the Ags-101!" craze.

I never said they spurred the movement, but he endorsed a guy who was doing just that, making custom consoles from the gba's, to profit from the idea. Hell he put his name on it. And created a whole video over the idea. But again people were modding these systems well before MJR put his on the market.
In fact it is so bad at this point that you can't even find an original ags-101 anymore, they will all be bought up and used to mod these systems. And the sad thing is that the gameboy advance isn't a better form factor. The d-pad is definately worse on these than on the gba sp. I just think it is a lot of group think that people subscribe to blindly. I tried both and I like the closer-together buttons of the gameboy advance sp. It's a lot less strain, it's less heavy, not to mention that you need batteries for the gba, so it doesn't even make economical sense to put the most power draining screen in one of those. 
It's stupidity. 

Edited: 07/13/2019 at 07:19 AM by 14u2ponder

Jul 13 at 3:52:45 PM
Frenetic Zetetic (1)
< Little Mac >
New Hampshire

Originally posted by: Frenetic Zetetic

I never said they spurred the movement, but he endorsed a guy who was doing just that, making custom consoles from the gba's, to profit from the idea. Hell he put his name on it. And created a whole video over the idea. But again people were modding these systems well before MJR put his on the market.
In fact it is so bad at this point that you can't even find an original ags-101 anymore, they will all be bought up and used to mod these systems. And the sad thing is that the gameboy advance isn't a better form factor. The d-pad is definately worse on these than on the gba sp. I just think it is a lot of group think that people subscribe to blindly. I tried both and I like the closer-together buttons of the gameboy advance sp. It's a lot less strain, it's less heavy, not to mention that you need batteries for the gba, so it doesn't even make economical sense to put the most power draining screen in one of those. 
It's stupidity. 

Gotcha! Thank you for taking the time to exaplain that!

Jul 14 at 10:59:43 PM
hoisinberg (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Can we all agree that MetalJesusRocks is just terrible and a phony?

Jul 15 at 7:29:12 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Is there a dick in that box?

-------------------------

Edited: 07/15/2019 at 07:35 AM by RegularGuyGamer

Jul 16 at 5:28:52 PM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Still counting bits in 2000

Jul 16 at 7:20:35 PM
austin532 (84)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
To the OP question. Here is everything.

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 16 at 8:15:47 PM
NesQuest (6)
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: austin532

To the OP question. Here is everything.

Thank you for this and staying on topic!