Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo NES Zapper Wall Mount

Jan 17 at 3:05:55 PM
jazzking2001 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
In the last few days, I have been working on a Nintendo NES Zapper Wall Mount.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3352275

I wanted to see what people thought about this idea, and if its something that people may be interested in.

thanks

-------------------------
Neocrisis - https://www.neocrisis.com/about-u...

At Neocrisis, we focus on reviews and interviews that cover a wide range of topics and industries from video games all the way to comics. We also provide news and updates from gaming and other industries.

At last count we have well over 238 Review and 349 Interviews.

Jan 17 at 3:18:32 PM
SUBSCRIBER
darkchylde28 (9)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
This was neat to look at, but it left me with a couple of questions.

Is this meant for organization or purely for display? The way this is shown being used, it seems like it would only be for display purposes, as the cord would be totally trapped against the wall, causing you to have to take down the whole thing to remove your zapper; this could be easily rectified by flipping the design to allow the open end of the cord slot to face outward.

How is this meant to be mounted? The images I was seeing don't show any sort of loops off to the side of the unit to let screws pass through and hold it to the wall and nothing passing all the way through the unit to allow it to be mounted via its "body." In its current form, you'd either have to insert some sort of pin in the unit itself to allow it to be stuck to the wall the way a push pin would be or glued straight to the wall, neither attractive options nor likely to stand up to this being used as a non-permanent display (show the zapper while not in use but allow removal for play).

Don't get me wrong, this is definitely a neat idea and something that would be useful in a game room, but to me, it would really need to be tweaked to allow the zapper to be removed and replaced and set up to be mounted firmly to the wall to allow for the stress and strain of occasional pushing/pulling on the stand as the gun was removed & replaced.

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Jan 17 at 3:26:46 PM
DefaultGen (24)
(Tyler Wilkin) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Sweet, I love retro gaming 3D printer projects. I personally use a peg board to hang my light guns like some kind of peasant!

I kind of agree with the above sentiment, but TBH if I was mounting a Zapper for display I'd just remove the cable altogether because it would be an eyesore no matter how you handled it.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #114:
So You Want to Collect for the Sega Saturn

Jan 17 at 3:55:37 PM
jazzking2001 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Your comments are one of the reasons I posted my design. I got tunnel vision and did not think about the rather valid points you made.

1 - My first prototype (the pictures you saw) simply uses command strips to stick it to the wall. I do plan to make more area to allow for eitehr bigger strips or screws.
   - If I use place screw holes on the design, I do not know what screw size I should use?
          - If I simply include the screws with the design, I do not need to worry about what screws someone has

2 - Removing the gun. Honestly, I did occur to me that it would be a rather total pain to remove it from wall...but I forgot about that
     - I can flip the side where the cable goes or something similar

3 - Someone mentioned that They would rather remove the cable completely. I dont like seeing the cables myself but if possible I want to keep any of my retro collection fully intact.

4 - Issue with falling down. One of the reasons I have the cord coming from the "back" is that the code holds the gun from "falling." I trying to leave the grip visable as much as possible.
      - I was thinking, i could use a rubberband or something to prevent falling but that simply looks ugly.

Thanks for replies and I could use all the help/suggestions that come to mind

At Neocrisis, we focus on reviews and interviews that cover a wide range of topics and industries from video games all the way to comics. We also provide news and updates from gaming and other industries.

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 03:58 PM by jazzking2001

Jan 17 at 3:57:08 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (38)
(Orange Yoshi) < El Ripper >
Michigan
Cool design! I think I might have to make one. Although, I'm not sure if you have enough surface area for command strips. If you wanna use screws, I generally use M3 screws as a standard one in my designs.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 03:57 PM by SNESNESCUBE64

Jan 17 at 4:01:25 PM
jazzking2001 (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Originally posted by: SNESNESCUBE64

Cool design! I think I might have to make one. Although, I'm not sure if you have enough surface area for command strips. If you wanna use screws, I generally use M3 screws as a standard one in my designs.

-------------

Valid point, image shown was prototype #1. Mounting it was something I thought of after printing out #1.
 - My next update will include more area for either strips or screws.

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 04:02 PM by jazzking2001