Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finished The PS2 Set!

May 15 at 1:13:16 PM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut
Congratulations on the impressive collection! A great system with lots of solid games in the library

-------------------------

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Mario + Rabbids, Final Fantasy VI
Recently Completed: Super Mario Odyssey, Cat Quest

May 15 at 1:35:33 PM
SUBSCRIBER
NintendoTwizer (171)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Amazing set man, with so many titles this is truly a massive accomplishment!  

May 15 at 5:18:24 PM
SUBSCRIBER
futureman (19)
(Cody Greenhalge) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
So awesome man. My PS2 collection is around 550 games and it seems likes its already overwhelming.

Glad I got to contribute a few games over to your collection as a secret santa gift. Glad they went to such a sweet collection.

May 15 at 5:58:12 PM
DefaultGen (22)
(Tyler Wilkin) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Amazing stuff man. I love seeing the insight on what the hardest games to find were, even if it's only indicative of your personal experience at this particular time.

I'm surprised to see your list full of "mainstream" rare games like God Hand, Rule of Rose, Jurassic Park OG, and Futurama. When NintendoTwizer gave his opinion on the rarest Wii games, I basically hadn't even heard of any of them. I figured the PS2 would be the same way with just a crapload of obscure games. Maybe that speaks to the quality of the PS2 library  

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #93:
Did Johnny buy a $100 repro of Mega Man X?

Edited: 05/15/2018 at 05:59 PM by DefaultGen

May 15 at 6:59:54 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Foochie776 (228)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < King Solomon >
Minnesota
Bravo Robbie. That is absolutely incredible.

May the force be with you.

May 15 at 10:08:04 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: futureman

So awesome man. My PS2 collection is around 550 games and it seems likes its already overwhelming.

Glad I got to contribute a few games over to your collection as a secret santa gift. Glad they went to such a sweet collection.
Thanks again for those buddy. Knocking off any title when I was that late into the collection was great - you helped me scratch off quite a few and it was perfect.

Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Amazing set man, with so many titles this is truly a massive accomplishment!  
Thanks. If anyone knows the dedication it takes collecting large sets, it would be you obviously  

Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Amazing stuff man. I love seeing the insight on what the hardest games to find were, even if it's only indicative of your personal experience at this particular time.

I'm surprised to see your list full of "mainstream" rare games like God Hand, Rule of Rose, Jurassic Park OG, and Futurama. When NintendoTwizer gave his opinion on the rarest Wii games, I basically hadn't even heard of any of them. I figured the PS2 would be the same way with just a crapload of obscure games. Maybe that speaks to the quality of the PS2 library  

I agree. It's odd because, when you look at a set this big, you would think a lot more random games would pop up out of nowhere as rare. I listed a few of them that most wouldn't expect (world pool, artic thunder, etc.) but really, there aren't that many rare games in my opinion. Maybe FIFA 13 and 14. Most everything else seems to be available at any given time. Not sure why this would be. Large print runs? People not really collecting them, so more are available? And this is just my experience, so it might be that I got lucky and found some rarer games easier than most. Not sure honestly.

Let's Go Penguins!

May 15 at 10:18:55 PM
D~Funk (74)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
Congrats yo! Thats pretty amazing!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

May 15 at 10:20:32 PM
rancidskater (30)
< Crack Trooper >
Rhode Island
So sick dude, PS2 is quite the undertaking! Congrats!

"If you can't come in from the cold, then you gotta grow ice over your heart."

May 15 at 10:23:29 PM
Nintendo Workshop (60)
(Ryan ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
Beautiful wall. Congrats!

May 16 at 12:51:55 AM
scaryice (106)
(scary ice) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

That stands out to me too. Twizer's list seems more believable because of that, IMO.

Good Famicom games NA auction (ends 5/27):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

PS1/PS2 flat rate box NA auctions (ends 5/27):

May 16 at 10:02:40 AM
CaliforniaGamingSD (24)

< Crack Trooper >
Now that you've completed the ser, do you want to sell a couple so you still have something to look for? 😊

May 16 at 11:54:41 AM
captmorgandrinker (555)
(Vas ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Congrats! That looks fantastic all complete.  

May 16 at 3:01:39 PM
jajaja (8)
(jajaja jajaja) < El Ripper >
Other
Amazing collection! Congrats on finishing it!   And nearly 1800 games, damn, the PS2 had a lot of games (i know theres even more counting the european and asian games as well).

May 16 at 3:52:18 PM
Alf Pogs (2)
< Little Mac >
California
Do you plan on going for the 'greatest hits' or are you content with the black label only?

Off and on NES collector since roughly 1996.  740+ games and counting.

Also enjoy other systems but NES takes priority. 

Feel free to follow my game collecting exploits on instagram @cartmageddon or not.  It's up to you.

Nes Needs:  Bandit Kings, Bonk, Rescue Rangers 2, Cowboy Kid, Gun Nac, Kid Klown, Samson, Nobunga 2, Panic, Power Blade 2, SCAT, Stadium Events, Wacky Races...  (Unlicensed) Big Nose Freaks Out, Caltron, Panesean Trio, Cheetamen 2, Maxi 15, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger, Secret Scout, Sunday Funday.  Should be pretty easy and inexpensive to finish that list off.  Right?

May 16 at 3:56:35 PM
Lando452 (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
Congrats

My collection.
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...
My Trades

May 16 at 4:13:13 PM
sirdizzy (1)
< Little Mac >
Its funny I hadn't bought anything in awhile probably a solid 2 months as my area dried out. Was out and about the other day and saw a few Prince of Persias on PS2 and could not remember which ones I had so I ended up passing on them. Ended up downloading an installing an app called retro game collector (I like it don't know if I'd recommend it, great app but costs $4 every time you wanna add a system but I added the ps2 and nes libraries and spent the $8 there) and of course I am out and about today and lo and behold I see a PS2 game I was thinking I had but I had entered my collection in the app and realized I didn't have it (was Star Wars the Force Unleashed for the PS2, I had the Wii version) so I added my first game in 2 months. Now I am jonesing to collect again. I can't imagine trying to amass the PS2 collection holy crap thats an achievement thats one massive collection.

Did you use any apps or excel or notes to keep track of what you needed. I own only 33 Ps2 games and I can barely remember those mixed with the 60 NES games I have and the 26 SNES games etc etc etc.

May 16 at 8:15:20 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Alf Pogs

Do you plan on going for the 'greatest hits' or are you content with the black label only?
I have a little over half of the GH set currently, but I'm not actively collecting it either. I don't like just storing games that I can't display and the GH set is a lot of shelf space for essentially doubles.

Originally posted by: scaryice

Originally posted by: DefaultGen

That stands out to me too. Twizer's list seems more believable because of that, IMO.

I understand what you're saying and I hope people aren't thinking these are the 30 rarest games either. I wasn't trying to make a rarity list, but just giving my opinion on what games turned out to be rare for me. I spent probably 15 mins all together and picked out some games that I remember being harder than most to track down or ones that I only came across once or twice in the last few years. Something for collectors to keep their eyes on if they find them. I was just looking at my shelf a few minutes ago thinking of some games I probably should have added (Firefighter FD18, Madden 08 En Espanol, and Drive to Survive in particular), but it is what it is.

Let's Go Penguins!

May 16 at 11:08:49 PM
K1rkl4nd (0)

< Cherub >
Nebraska
Congrats!! Welcome to the complete PS2 club  
Your three years to complete makes my 17 year journey seem.. overkill. We'll have to compare notes on variants some time, unless you're done with the hunt..
I think we picked a good time to get complete- I was looking for a replacement cover for my worn 'n torn Samurai Western, and it's up to $150 now. Just crazy.
I'm sneaking by with the Latin America FIFA 13 (for los todos putos) since it is still a NTSC SLUS release, but now that awareness has been raised I doubt I'll ever find a true ESRB-rated FIFA 13.  

Edited: 05/17/2018 at 09:31 AM by K1rkl4nd

May 17 at 9:00:51 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
That's so awesome to see!! I've been plugging away at my PS2 set for a few years and I just passed 1000 titles a couple months ago. I'm very happy to see that I have a majority of the games you considered hard to find already. Maybe it's because I live in Canada and snowmobiles are quite common, but I've come across a lot of copies of Arctic Thunder up here, never would have thought that could be hard to track down in some regions. May have to start picking them up to trade to US residents for other games I need.

Why do you think it is that FIFA 13 was harder to find than FIFA 14? Wouldn't conventional wisdom say that the later release should be more obscure? Was there something odd about the release of 13 or was 14 a bigger deal when it came out because of the cover player or some event going on in the soccer world that year?

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Gotta bump Virtual On Marz and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 up on my priority list now!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games