Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Stadium events cart only listed on ebay Is this price too high for this listing?

Aug 11 at 3:42:11 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
It is probably better to set it really high like that and just take whatever you get offered.

People have lots of money, you never know when some super rich person is going to just hit BIN.

I don't blame him at all.

-------------------------
Safety "always" off.

Aug 11 at 3:44:56 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I think the only way someone hits the BIN is if they don't notice the paper loss (its not glaring if you aren't looking carefully). (Once you see it you can't unsee it).

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11 at 3:47:44 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Bronty

I think the only way someone hits the BIN is if they don't notice the paper loss (its not glaring if you aren't looking carefully). (Once you see it you can't unsee it).

Shit, I didn't even see this was the headless copy.

It looked super mint at first glance!

Yeah, if someone can BIN on a SE that high then obviously they would just wait out for a better label 100%.

Safety "always" off.

Aug 11 at 4:40:42 PM
skinnygrinny (41)
(a.k.a. the grinder a.k.a. kobra kai! a.k.a. 42 foot tapewoRm) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I remember that cart. It's been passed around like a bad case of genital warts over the years. Basically a filler piece until a good condition copy pops up. Personally I'd skip it entirely because of the damage (why pay that much for a game I know I'll have to upgrade later), but there's always someone willing to snag it.

see id give 4k because i know i will never upgrade it. top label is good. thats all i need. im 164 away from 677 so imo they dont need to be ascetically pleasing im just trying to complete it   

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 11 at 4:48:10 PM
skinnygrinny (41)
(a.k.a. the grinder a.k.a. kobra kai! a.k.a. 42 foot tapewoRm) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: TheToxieRules

Originally posted by: Bronty

Shit, I didn't even see this was the headless copy.

It looked super mint at first glance!

Yeah, if someone can BIN on a SE that high then obviously they would just wait out for a better label 100%.

i like that its missing a head 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 11 at 4:50:04 PM
Loxx O))) (10)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
Yeah, gives it character and notoriety.

Aug 11 at 4:52:53 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Yeah, gives it character and notoriety.
I'd argue there's such a thing as bad press..   but you can certainly make the case there isn't.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11 at 5:31:43 PM
SilvertongueBullet (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
I've seen this copy a couple of times in the past. But there's no way he's going to get what he's asking for on it. That's for damn sure.....

Aug 11 at 6:09:18 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Still gotta be worth 4-5K or so, even with that damage.  His listed price is absurd, obviously, that's what the best offer is for.

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 06:10 PM by pegboy

Aug 11 at 6:10:35 PM
NESfiend (22)
(Travis ) < Meka Chicken >
Missouri
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

I remember that cart. It's been passed around like a bad case of genital warts over the years. Basically a filler piece until a good condition copy pops up. Personally I'd skip it entirely because of the damage (why pay that much for a game I know I'll have to upgrade later), but there's always someone willing to snag it.

see id give 4k because i know i will never upgrade it. top label is good. thats all i need. im 164 away from 677 so imo they dont need to be ascetically pleasing im just trying to complete it   

I'm with you for different reasons. I'm not necessarily going for a complete set, but Id be super interested if that copy came up on 4k bin. I dont think I'd ever shell out 10k for a game. 4k though, I could probably bring myself to do it for stadium events. Id still feel ridiculous spending that on a game, but I'll never be willing to part with enough cash for a mint copy anyway.

Aug 11 at 6:11:56 PM
The Count (100)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
I remember this cart from years ago, I was wondering where it was these days.

Aug 11 at 7:19:17 PM
gunpei (6)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Originally posted by: TheToxieRules

i like that its missing a head 

OK, but you're not gonna BIN

Aug 11 at 8:04:57 PM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (62)
(Sean W) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
Definitely seen that cart a few times. Such weird damage

Aug 11 at 9:56:47 PM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
Yeah, that is very high. Haven't these been selling for less than 10,000 in the past year?

Aug 11 at 10:04:28 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I would guess that would sell in the 5-6,000 range if he listed it as an open auction. To think I can remember when mint copies were selling for less than $250!

Aug 11 at 10:31:14 PM
MrWunderful (259)
(Corey ) < Master Higgins >
California
People putting outrageous BIN on items they are trying to hype is the new normal.

Can't wait until people get played out on that and just do 99. Auctions

Aug 12 at 10:31:26 AM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

People putting outrageous BIN on items they are trying to hype is the new normal.

This also helps to artificially inflate prices on regular rares or semi-rares.  Don't think this SE BIN will do much if any to its own value but if someone stuck a $400 BIN on say Wild Guns cart only when it is only really worth $150-200 in good condition and some asshat bought it for that $400 price then let the inflation begin for that title.  Now multiply this by the tens of thousands in about a decade and you have were we are today with just about any retro gaming prices for the middle-of-the-road stuff.   

If I had the $$$ and needed this SE I'd probably offer a bit more than the general $4-5k concesus is just because apparently this particular copy has had a good history with it and is very distinctive.  It has character.   

I'm looking for the below FF12's for the PS2, PM me if you can help!

SCAJ-20188: International - Zodiac Job System (HK/SG)
SCKA-20073: Original release (KR)
SCKA-20138: International - Zodiac Job System Ultimate Hits (KR)

Aug 12 at 1:54:48 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >

People "can" sell this stuff for as much as they want to, it's the people that are ruining the hobby that choose to make this title especially very expensive. Imagine if someone did have the sense to put a stadium events cart for a $5 bin. Imagine if someone did have the generosity to sell this game for a reasonable price only for someone els to have a chance at owning this game. Imagine that this was a hobby only for fun and not for profit. If think about long and hard enough, the concept seems too surreal. 🙄

I want what U got!!!

Aug 12 at 2:51:48 PM
NESnostalgia (22)

(Mike ) < Meka Chicken >
United States
If it doesn't sell its too high. If it does then it wasnt.

Aug 12 at 3:01:36 PM
JCE3000GT (3)
(J E) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Originally posted by: OriginGamer92

People "can" sell this stuff for as much as they want to, it's the people that are ruining the hobby that choose to make this title especially very expensive. Imagine if someone did have the sense to put a stadium events cart for a $5 bin. Imagine if someone did have the generosity to sell this game for a reasonable price only for someone els to have a chance at owning this game. Imagine that this was a hobby only for fun and not for profit. If think about long and hard enough, the concept seems too surreal. 🙄

Unfortunately if someone did sell SE for $5 it would be a fluke and not impact prices.  We'd need a few dozen or more people selling for significantly less than the going sale price to start to make a dent in the pricing for it--but with all the hype surrounding this game from every which direction it will NEVER get cheaper.  In fact I predict even if the retro gaming price bubble bursts that SE will always be expensive and will go up in value primarily because of the hype.  And especially with more and more topics like this getting created on every gaming forum all day every day all year every year.  Perhaps if it was never mentioned the hype fire would stop spreading?  LOL  Sounded good in theory...  

I understand where you're coming from and the second to the last sentenece of your post is what I am trying to accomplish--which is why I traded away 90% of my non-handheld cartridge based games to focus on newer consoles that don't have insane pricing and because I wanted to play them.  Because not being able to play my shit on either of my three LED HDTVs meant they were all taking up storage space.

My suggestion is to concentrate on getting what you can afford and enjoy and either save up for the expensive stuff or forget it all together.  This is why I see a TON of people say they have a "full NES set ... except Stadium Events".  And I'm ok with it.     Honestly, just ignore this and try and do what you can to enjoy the journey.   

I'm looking for the below FF12's for the PS2, PM me if you can help!

SCAJ-20188: International - Zodiac Job System (HK/SG)
SCKA-20073: Original release (KR)
SCKA-20138: International - Zodiac Job System Ultimate Hits (KR)

Aug 12 at 3:13:02 PM
SilvertongueBullet (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
That's why you invest in the pirate multi carts...... Lol, I've come to the hard realization there's just some games I will never own no matter how bad I want to spend that kind of money. I have no desire to own stadium events..... It's just not my cup of tea. If I own a Nintendo game 9 times out of 10 it's going to get played. No matter how much it costs.

Aug 12 at 3:21:14 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: JCE3000GT

Unfortunately if someone did sell SE for $5 it would be a fluke and not impact prices.    

not only that, but it would be back on eBay 5 minutes later for 13k obo

Aug 13 at 1:09:03 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: imanerd0011

I would guess that would sell in the 5-6,000 range if he listed it as an open auction. To think I can remember when mint copies were selling for less than $250!

Mint CIB copies no less!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 13 at 1:29:35 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California

People "can" sell this stuff for as much as they want to, it's the people that are ruining the hobby that choose to make this title especially very expensive.

It is a legitimately rare game, and anyone who wants a full set needs it. There are not enough to go around, so the price rose.

I mean, do you want a full set? Get in line, buddy.

You want it because it is rare? Pony up.

If you're not interested in a full set or rare games, I don't see how this game matters.

Aug 13 at 2:08:06 AM
xjwebb1982 (31)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Interesting that in 2013 there were the same conversations on this game. Everyone thought it capped and at the time it was hovering around $4k and there were multiple copies to be had but "not at that price". $4k copies were sitting unsold and now they'd sell in a heartbeat. The hike seems to coincide with the number of collectors trying to finish sets along with other factors. Seems like we're just learning what is truly rare in the hobby as the countdown lists have a lot of similarities to them. Best of luck to all seeking to complete sets and my best advice is to be patient, find deals, and if you're like me hold for copies that meet your needs for condition. Nothing like regretting a game you want to upgrade, plus it'll likely go up in value so buy it in nice condition the first time. Also, I wouldn't have advised this before, but buy the high end games first (if you're seriously going for a complete set). The jumps those titles make are considerablly more compared to most everything else. It's easier to say "I hate to spend ___ on a mid range or common title that went up some than those high end ones that have doubled or more in a year. I'd like to think they'd come back down but it just doesn't seem to happen as much as we'd like (except game hyped up like Jackie Chan). Then there are other titles like Kid Clown and Cowboy Kid that came out of nowhere in my opinion. Hold out for a deal on those and let the market correct itself while focusing your time elsewhere.

All this is to share observations through the years that what was absurd can become the new norm so finish sets while you can.

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 11:13 AM by xjwebb1982