Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Stadium events cart only listed on ebay Is this price too high for this listing?

Aug 11 at 1:18:06 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
I've been keeping track of the current listing of the stadium events cart only that is posted on eBay for sometime now and I can help but to think to myself that with the label damage pictured, thirteen grand is a huge amount to be spending on this game to begin with let alone the fact that this particular cart has major label damage. The seller also has this cart listed under good which clearly is acceptedable at minimum and I feel that this is way too high of a listing because of the ware and tear. Even ten thousand is too much in my opinion as I'd hate to know how much the seller traded/paid to receive this copy if indeed this is not the original owner. At best, I believe this to be a four thousand dollar copy but that's my opinion. At the bottom is a link to the sellers listing, thoughts? 

://m.ebay.com/itm/Family-Fun-Fitn...

-------------------------
I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 1:20:36 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I'd say somebody would pay 5.5. Its butt ugly though.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11 at 1:32:29 PM
jonebone (520)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Pit >
Maryland
Obviously he's pricing it high and willing to be patient with offers. That copy has been passed around a few times, that face damage is something you remember when you see it. I'd expect it to be in the 60-70% range of a normal cart only copy with little wear.

WTB Sealed & CIB Mint Games!
NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16

Now Playing: Cave Story (Switch)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 11 at 1:36:09 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: OriginGamer92

I've been keeping track of the current listing of the stadium events cart only that is posted on eBay for sometime now and I can help but to think to myself that with the label damage pictured, thirteen grand is a huge amount to be spending on this game to begin with let alone the fact that this particular cart has major label damage.
It's listed as BIN or Best Offer. I don't think the seller actually expects anyone to bite at $13,000, but if someone does, it's more than enough for the seller to let it go without regrets.

Think of it as "sticker price."

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 01:38 PM by Tulpa

Aug 11 at 1:45:09 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
It's examples like this that are little reminders to myself and others of how crazy this hobbie keeps getting and growing and not in a good way financially. We're definitely seeing game collecting going down the path of what comic book collecting and baseball card collecting have found themselves over time. (Down the path of a monopoly and pure greed)

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 2:00:29 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California

It's examples like this that are little reminders to myself and others of how crazy this hobbie keeps getting and growing and not in a good way financially. We're definitely seeing game collecting going down the path of what comic book collecting and baseball card collecting have found themselves over time. (Down the path of a monopoly and pure greed)

I want what U got!!!
Yep.

Aug 11 at 2:02:22 PM
KindGrind (22)
< Crack Trooper >
Quebec
Pretty sure the loose cart had peaked at 10K and had come back down a bit. 13K, especially with the damage, is like the eBay sellers listing Bubble Bobble 2 for 700$ over and over. That is just not happening.

Aug 11 at 2:11:39 PM
skinnygrinny (36)
(a.k.a. the grinder a.k.a. kobra kai! a.k.a. 42 foot tapewoRm) < King Solomon >
Florida
id give 4 grand for it, so i could get a full set.

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Aug 11 at 2:14:22 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

id give 4 grand for it, so i could get a full set.

Honestly I doubt the seller would go that low :/

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 2:14:48 PM
the_wizard_666 (154)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I remember that cart. It's been passed around like a bad case of genital warts over the years. Basically a filler piece until a good condition copy pops up. Personally I'd skip it entirely because of the damage (why pay that much for a game I know I'll have to upgrade later), but there's always someone willing to snag it.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 11 at 2:16:11 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Originally posted by: Tulpa

I want what U got!!!
Yep.

Lmao yeah OP is a prime example of this shit. Just check his "Threads Started" history. He's only concerned with rarity and price.

Aug 11 at 2:35:52 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Originally posted by: attakid101

I want what U got!!!
Yep.

Lmao yeah OP is a prime example of this shit. Just check his "Threads Started" history. He's only concerned with rarity and price.

Oh yea your talking about my old posts from when I started collecting? I was somewhat new on Nintendo age and was just becoming educated on what rare games were. It's only ass holes like you I read about that give others on this forum a hard time for no reason, that should have no respect because your comments have no real relevance. 

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 2:43:48 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho

Originally posted by: attakid101

I want what U got!!!
Yep.

Oh yea your talking about my old posts from when I started collecting? I was somewhat new on Nintendo age and was just becoming educated on what rare games were. It's only ass holes like you I read about that give others on this forum a hard time for no reason, that should have no respect because your comments have no real relevance. 
Assholes is one word, champ

Aug 11 at 2:45:07 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ass long as you got the point!

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 2:59:10 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Let's keep it civil please.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Aug 11 at 3:00:25 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Just human nature when things start selling for decent money.   Might as well embrace it because there's no point getting mad at it - you might as well scream at the wind.

(that being said... it's always been there and will always be there.    When a given person gets "upset" its usually because things start selling for more than they are personally comfortable with but the market is not there to please any one person).

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 03:02 PM by Bronty

Aug 11 at 3:01:19 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Bronty

Just human nature when things start selling for decent money.   Might as well embrace it because there's no point getting mad at it - you might as well scream at the wind.

Especially when the rare stuff is what you're focusing on.

We're not going to see games for a quarter, or a cheap lot with Little Samson stuck in there, ever again.

Edited: 08/11/2017 at 03:02 PM by Tulpa

Aug 11 at 3:02:58 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

We're not going to see games for a quarter, or a cheap lot with Little Samson stuck in there, ever again.

Sure, and loose silent service will always be cheap, but it doesn't make for as sexy a rant.

Aug 11 at 3:04:15 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
Sure, and loose silent service will always be cheap, but it doesn't make for as sexy a rant.

I remember when people couldn't give it away. Now everyone wants a whole dollar for that cart.  

Yep, you're right.  

Aug 11 at 3:04:39 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Iowa
SE is our Action Comics #1 it feels like. :-)

Aug 11 at 3:10:03 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >

To say never again is a lot, but once in awhile someone will be naive and sell an expensive game just to get rid of it and not care cause of a lack of interest.

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 3:14:03 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California
To say never again is a lot, but once in awhile someone will be naive and sell an expensive game just to get rid of it and not care cause of a lack of interest.
When's the last time you remember that happening?

Aug 11 at 3:15:26 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Me personally it's been awhile but that's not to say it dosn't still happen

I want what U got!!!

Aug 11 at 3:16:39 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Bowser >
California

It happens so infrequently that you can't rely on it. That's why it's such a big deal when it does occur.

For the most part, you gotta pay to play the rare game game.

Aug 11 at 3:26:28 PM
OriginGamer92 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >

It happens so infrequently that you can't rely on it. That's why it's such a big deal when it does occur.

For the most part, you gotta pay to play the rare game game.

Yes unfortunately 

I want what U got!!!