Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Unlisted Switch Pre-Orders - Super Bomberman, Sonic Mania

Jan 14 at 3:15:49 PM
Desfeek (0)

(Desmond Feekerson) < Cherub >
Oregon
Gamestop.com does not list these pre-orders on their main website.  The only way I found these links was because I follow both Sonic Team and Konami on twitter.  Both my preorders have gone through and I am now all set for 3/3!

Super Bomberman R - http://www.gamestop.com/games/sup...

Sonic Mania Collector's Edition (Switch) - http://www.gamestop.com/games/son...

(of course I got Zelda, too, but those preorders are obvious to the common consumer) Hope this helps!

Edited: 01/14/2017 at 03:22 PM by Desfeek

Jan 14 at 8:06:32 PM
meta-mark (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Thanks! Got Super Bomberman R preordered  

I'm looking forward to that one!

Jan 15 at 1:08:15 AM
KrakenSoup (39)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Is Sonic Mania only available as a collector's edition in physical form? In other words, no standard edition of just the game for a physical version?

Jan 15 at 1:10:27 AM
DoxieQules187 (60)
(David Polls) < King Solomon >
Oregon
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Is Sonic Mania only available as a collector's edition in physical form? In other words, no standard edition of just the game for a physical version?

I dont think so cuz there is no real physical version. The collector edition just comes with a download code and a box of trinkets. No actual cart.

-------------------------
Collection-Total/1050:
NES~64  SNES~61  N64~10  GameCube~18  Wii~42  Wii U~40  Switch~3  GBA~1  DS~131  3DS~90  Virtual Boy~14  PSP~34  PS Vita~22  PS1~28  PS2~50  PS3~208  PS4~60  XBox~6  XBox 360~25  XBox One~13  Genesis~17  Sega CD~13  Saturn~32  Dreamcast~28  Turbografx~29  Turbo CD~1  Neo Geo CD~10

Jan 15 at 1:14:14 AM
KrakenSoup (39)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: DQ187

Is Sonic Mania only available as a collector's edition in physical form? In other words, no standard edition of just the game for a physical version

I dont think so cuz there is no real physical version. The collector edition just comes with a download code and a box of trinkets. No actual cart.
Oh I see. Well that kinda stinks. I was hoping for a physical version. This is the first Sonic game I'm actually looking forward to since Adventure 2  

Jan 15 at 1:20:40 AM
SmaMan (0)
(Smalliard Manning) < Tourian Tourist >
Oklahoma
I saw that collector's edition on Amazon right after I got my Switch pre-order in.

Really tempting, but if there's anything I've learned after moving twice in as many years, it's that I have too much junk.

Still tempting, though...

Jan 15 at 1:44:11 AM
Brachabre (7)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Thanks OP. If only the Switch version was physical :/

Jan 15 at 1:54:21 AM
Astor Reinhardt (14)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Washington
Yeah not thrilled on buying a digital only CE...I hate digital only games >.>

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 15 at 2:20:57 AM
GreatGadon (3)
(Robert ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin

Originally posted by: DQ187

Is Sonic Mania only available as a collector's edition in physical form? In other words, no standard edition of just the game for a physical version

Oh I see. Well that kinda stinks. I was hoping for a physical version. This is the first Sonic game I'm actually looking forward to since Adventure 2  

^ Ditto  

Jan 15 at 12:04:40 PM
meta-mark (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

I had halfway through the purchase process for Sonic when I back through the description and saw it was download code only πŸ˜’

Jan 15 at 12:07:20 PM
Mr. CIB (50)

(Retired CIB) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
As a reminder, the Sonic Mania Collector's Edition comes with the following items.

Download code for Sonic Mania
Metallic Collector's Card
Sega cartridge cast with gold ring
Sonic the Hedgehog 12" statue with Sega startup audio effect

Sega drop the ball on this one

Jan 15 at 2:48:17 PM
ZBomber (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: meta-mark

Originally posted by: Astor Reinhardt

I had halfway through the purchase process for Sonic when I back through the description and saw it was download code only πŸ˜’

I had this preordered on PC before they announced it would be released on Switch, but same boat. As cool as the Sonic Genesis statue is, as a collector it's hard for me to justify buying a digital only game. I really hope this game doesn't suck though.

Anyway, does anyone know if Bomberman is actually gonna be a physical game? I haven't seen it listed anywhere else, and since it's a launch title that's kinda weird. I have a feeling that is gonna be download only as well.

Jan 15 at 4:38:39 PM
SmaMan (0)
Oklahoma
I mean, you have both a replica cartridge and a replica console in this collector set. How hard would it be to put some rudimentary flash memory in there that you could stick in the cartridge in the console and, maybe through a usb cable, play the game like that? (Obviously for the PC version.)

I preduct we're gonna read about how some fan did this on ArsTechnica about a week after launch.

Edited: 01/15/2017 at 04:40 PM by SmaMan

Jan 15 at 4:55:13 PM
KrakenSoup (39)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
So has anyone found a place to preorder the pro controller online?

Jan 15 at 5:54:38 PM
05sonicblue (1)

< Cherub >
Pennsylvania
I was able to get Sonic Mania pre-ordered on Amazon Friday with the Prime Preorder Discount. At that time they had a release date of 3/31, but looks like gamestop has it as 5/30. I have been waiting for them to list Bomberman so I can preorder it. Might have to go to Gamestop since it's the only launch title I don't have preordered. It's on their CA site, but not US

https://www.amazon.ca/Super-Bombe...

Haven't been able to find the pro controller yet either.

WTB: HD-DVD's. PM me with anything you have.

​
HD-DVD: 282/477
32X: 30/32
Game Gear: 147/233
N64: 140/296
WiiU: 57/150
Sega CD: 40/153

Jan 15 at 6:38:07 PM
meta-mark (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
It appears that the Super Bomberman R GameStop preorder page is publicly listed now. It comes up in a google search.

Jan 16 at 2:55:14 AM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Does anyone put stock in the release dates listed by Gamestop?  They have both Bomberman and The Binding of Issac as launch day releases, but I heard Bomberman R was going to be out about a week or two after launch and the trailer for BOI just lists "spring."  I'd like buy both if they were ACTUAL launch day titles.

Jan 16 at 4:56:09 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (42)
(Ay Jay Will-Yams) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana

So has anyone found a place to preorder the pro controller online?
+1. Unbelieveable how little hype the Pro controller has. I remember it took me a while to find the Classic controller after the Wii launched, and the Pro control seems like it would be the most comfortable to play docked, and only option with a real Dpad for VC. IMO, the left Joycon should have wedged a Dpad between the control stick and the diamond.

Originally posted by: ZBomber

Anyway, does anyone know if Bomberman is actually gonna be a physical game? I haven't seen it listed anywhere else, and since it's a launch title that's kinda weird. I have a feeling that is gonna be download only as well.
+1. For some reason the "store pickup" button redirects to the homepage. I hope the preorder link is a retail card and not some shitty code, and I'm not putting money down until I know for sure.

Also Bomberman R feels like it shouldn't cost full retail ($60) "Pricing not confirmed by publisher" is listed on the page so the $59.99 is a placeholder. I think it's worth up to $39.99 but would be a hard sell for me at full retail. I love me some Bomberman and online matches would be a lot of fun.

That Sega game has lost a sale on me if it is download only. I only buy indie and VC titles as downloads. If it's more than $30, that's retail territory so I'm physical media or bust. And the fact that the "collector's edition" comes with a code is pure bull schight.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 01/16/2017 at 05:03 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jan 16 at 6:53:32 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube King) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
I only saw a quick image of Bomberman show up. How much was shown at the presentation? Must have missed it.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NAΒ  here

Jan 16 at 10:45:31 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (42)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: DarkTone

I only saw a quick image of Bomberman show up. How much was shown at the presentation? Must have missed it.
A lot. There appears to be a single player adventure mode as well as battle mode with AI, local multiplayer, or online opponents. It looks like a very fun game, though I wish they had a top down angle as opposed to 3D view.

Bomberman and Street Fighter II Ultra are both huge throwbacks to the 16-bit generation in my opinion. I'm not a huge fighting game fan but Super Street Fighter II is one of the few fighters I enjoy. I do kind of suck at them so I don't imagine I'll play a lot online unless I want to get my ass handed to me a lot. Hopefully the matchmaking system will match equally yoked individuals similar to the Mario Kart ranking system.

Jan 17 at 3:34:10 AM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
It's getting Binding of Isaac!

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Gam...

$55 seems a little steep considering it's $35 on PC for everything but still... nice to see one of my favourite games of all time getting more exposure.

Jan 17 at 4:20:01 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (42)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: rcorporon

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727747/the-binding-of-is...

$55 seems a little steep considering it's $35 on PC for everything but still... nice to see one of my favourite games of all time getting more exposure.
Because it's gotta be asked, is this game on card or download code?

That game looks sick; I may have to get a copy.

Jan 17 at 8:55:01 AM
SmaMan (0)
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

I'm not a huge fighting game fan but Super Street Fighter II is one of the few fighters I enjoy. I do kind of suck at them so I don't imagine I'll play a lot online unless I want to get my ass handed to me a lot. Hopefully the matchmaking system will match equally yoked individuals similar to the Mario Kart ranking system.

Now *THAT* is what I'm really looking forward to, even though I own most versions of Street Fighter II on most platforms. I, too, am not very good compared to the craziness of pro players, but it's still a fun time. I just hope this isn't Capcom's way of saying, "Well we're not giving you Street Fighter V, so hope you enjoy this instead!"

That said, you should see the reaction to that game on the Neo Geo forums though... holy crap. (They don't like it... to say the least.)

Jan 17 at 9:56:02 AM
KrakenSoup (39)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Originally posted by: rcorporon

https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727747/the-binding-of-is...

Because it's gotta be asked, is this game on card or download code?

That game looks sick; I may have to get a copy.
I want to say it's a physical copy since it's listed for pre-sale on Gamestop and Amazon's site as well.

For those itnerested I found a reddit thread with links to everything for preorder:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nintendo...

Jan 17 at 11:22:44 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (42)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: SmaMan

That said, you should see the reaction to that game on the Neo Geo forums though... holy crap. (They don't like it... to say the least.)

I don't think it's even possible to please Neo Geo fans...

Do they not like it because it's not SFV, or the engine is broken somehow, or because it's not an SNK fighter? Or because it's basically a reboot of a remake released on XBLA in 2008?  

Edited: 01/17/2017 at 11:45 AM by Kosmic StarDust