Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

TIM ATWOOD gave me a SEALED NES Game!!!!!!!! My newest and coolest collection piece!!!!!

LOCKED TOPIC

May 4, 2016 at 6:26:43 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
First off and foremost do NOT post your opinions about Tim, Stadium Events, or anything related in this thread. This is not a thread for you to complain about anything or justify why you dislike Tim or to tell me why you think a case of Stadium Events is stupid.  

So a few weeks ago when all of this started after the picture of a sealed case of SE was shown and everybody went crazy for no reason at all, I started seeing something on NA that I had never seen before.  A group of members here took it upon themselves to attack and bash Tim Atwood.  Now I don't keep up with famous collectors or legends of gaming except for a few here and there.  So I decided to read up on Mr. Atwood, and to my surprise there was not much about him out there.  This caught me as odd because anyone catching this much shit and anger over a single picture that they didn't even post had to have some sort of backstory, but yet I still found nothing.  A few days go by and the threads start popping up about him being a liar.  I honestly can not believe that fellow NA members sunk this low, and I quite honestly was disappointed in the community.  NA to me isn't just a forum, but a family of collectors, this site to me is about fun and helping each other.  So I read into the thread and it sickened me personally.  Here are a bunch of collectors attacking someone for owning something that we all wish we could own (even if you don't collect sealed, you know you would love to have a case of SE laying around) for no apparent reason other than the fact that he owns it. WHY??? The answer came to me as the thread went on, and it was easy to spot.  The answer was JEALOUSY.  So Tim finally replied on the thread, answering questions that so many people wanted to know and defended himself.  After his response did anyone have a decent thing to say? Nope, they just continued to attack him.  So here is a man that we know nothing about, hasn't said ANYTHING to ANYONE out of the way or rude, and is just minding his own business who just gets blindsided for no reason.  I saw posts and PMs of people calling him a hoarder (which is you being a hypocrite because if you collect you are in the hoarding category yourself), an attention whore, a bitter old man (what does age matter), a scammer, and a racist.  Are you kidding me? So common sense tells me, "Hey! Instead of listening to these idiots, just talk to Tim himself!".  Now this is where it gets CRAZY!!!! Are you ready?? Take a deep breath and wait for it.....Tim is just a regular guy!  He isn't the God of Gaming, the Creator of Collecting, or the Mater of Evil.  He is just a normal guy like me and well...most of you. If you don't understand by now what his "plans" were for releasing the photo and what not, then I guess you will never catch on, it is fairly simple (but I'll let him explain it if he wants as it is not my place too).  So I ask him if I can purchase one of my favorite games from him just to have it as a part of my collection, because to me half of the point of collecting is having things that you want and are special to you.  I just kinda thought it would be cool to have part of his legendary collection in mine.  He agrees to sell me the game I asked for.  Then Tim does something I never would dream of anyone doing (and the reason I am writing this thread), he tells me, "That as soon as I get the game and am pleased with it, he will be refunding me my money and only took payment to print off a shipping label."  I thought he was joking around, but he wasn't. Just goes to show you that if you take the time to talk to someone you don't know instead of attacking them, good things can happen. He gave me a game, just because I enjoy it. I still can't believe it, but it came in the mail this morning and here it is posted below.  So I guess I hope some of you take something from this, and the ones that don't...well honestly do not contact me, I have nothing to say to you. I'd like to personally thank you again Tim and on behalf of the decent NA members would like to apologize for the actions and behavior of the childish others. I guess I am now (as one person on here called it) an "Atwood Witness".

TIME TO BRAG!!! One of a kind signed by Tim Atwood (only game he has ever signed) sealed Kirby's Adventure French Version!!!

-------------------------
Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy! Also WTB some cheap decent shape TG16 controllers!

Edited: 05/04/2016 at 06:27 PM by PuppyWaffles

May 4, 2016 at 6:34:09 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
A sealed copy.............of my favourite NES game.................

Congrats.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

May 4, 2016 at 6:36:01 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: DarkTone

A sealed copy.............of my favourite NES game.................

Congrats.

I just got an excellent oidea of how to get one...

But seriously, that's pretty cool.

May 4, 2016 at 6:39:09 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TornxieRalls (69)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Nice, would love to have that for my collection being the French/Canadian version and all.

You f***in want one?

May 4, 2016 at 6:41:42 PM
MrWunderful (285)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
You should have probably just excepted it said thank you and that's it. Making a thread about it is going to make you look like your pandering to him. I would not be surprised if he starts getting bombarded with messages from people trying to get free stuff.

IBTL

May 4, 2016 at 6:44:27 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

You should have probably just excepted it said thank you and that's it. Making a thread about it is going to make you look like your pandering to him. I would not be surprised if he starts getting bombarded with messages from people trying to get free stuff.

IBTL
Because those people deserve it?  I could care less what people think.  The fact is I treated him with respect, if anyone starts asking him for free stuff it really says a lot about them doesn't it...

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy! Also WTB some cheap decent shape TG16 controllers!

May 4, 2016 at 6:44:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (262)
(Brian P.) < Bowser >
Minnesota
I always love hearing stories of generosity, that's great stuff!

I think you are making some massive generalizations about the community and those threads though. There was unsavory behavior on BOTH sides of the fence from a few members. The vast majority of people were somewhere in the middle and behaved just fine.

May 4, 2016 at 6:47:47 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: B.A.

I always love hearing stories of generosity, that's great stuff!

I think you are making some massive generalizations about the community and those threads though. There was unsavory behavior on BOTH sides of the fence from a few members. The vast majority of people were somewhere in the middle and behaved just fine.
I understand that isn't the entire NA community, but shouldn't the other side stand up and show that we are decent folks?  If you let one side take over and control the site while others sit by then who really wins? Is that what we want new members to see?

May 4, 2016 at 6:47:57 PM
gamer78 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
It doesn't surprise me with some of the other things I've heard him doing. Very cool that you got the French version, congratulations.
I hope Tim doesn't get 100 emails from people trying to cash in now.

May 4, 2016 at 6:49:04 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I think it is awesome he signs his name with the @ symbol. I would never of thought of that....

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

May 4, 2016 at 6:49:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Benihana

I think it is awesome he signs his name with the @ symbol. I would never of thought of that....

Me too, I got a kick out of that.

May 4, 2016 at 6:51:11 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Sweet, I used to have this game sealed and ended up selling it. I didn't pay attention to the Atwood thing but from what little I read, it seemed like a whole lot of people were making a whole lot of assumptions.

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

May 4, 2016 at 6:51:14 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Stryphos (275)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Well I'm not jumping on any bandwagon but I certainly am happy to see such generosity and am glad that you got blessed with the gift. Congratulations!

Haves     |     Wants

May 4, 2016 at 6:56:10 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Very kind of you, Tim. It's a shame the OP decided to use this act of generosity as a soap box.

May 4, 2016 at 6:59:44 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
So you and him were total strangers and he sent you a sealed game? Ok well stop making generalizations about the whole of us and now do whats right... pay it forward!

Fyi: he's not the first nor the last to send someone something nice for free. Ive had it done to me and ive done it for others numerous times. Only difference was it didnt need to involve a discussion.

May 4, 2016 at 7:02:04 PM
MrWunderful (285)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

IBTL
Because those people deserve it?  I could care less what people think.  The fact is I treated him with respect, if anyone starts asking him for free stuff it really says a lot about them doesn't it...

You are making it seem like he was some guy minding his own business and came by and got viciously attacked by the community, which isnt true. I dont know the whole story and dont really care either, but its obvious whatever drama exists because of both sides. 

Anyways, enjoy your game. 

May 4, 2016 at 7:08:59 PM
romiked2689 (51)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
That's the best box for that game

May 4, 2016 at 7:09:02 PM
romiked2689 (51)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
That's the best box for that game

May 4, 2016 at 7:19:29 PM
TheToxicCollector (59)
(Nick ) < El Ripper >
New York

IBTL

This is my feeling as well. I have had members go out of their way and hook me up with free stuff as well. I would never publicly post about it because I would hate for them to have a million people looking for hand outs. They know that I appreciate their good deeds. NA is a great place. 

May 4, 2016 at 7:20:25 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: XYZ

So you and him were total strangers and he sent you a sealed game? Ok well stop making generalizations about the whole of us and now do whats right... pay it forward!

Fyi: he's not the first nor the last to send someone something nice for free. Ive had it done to me and ive done it for others numerous times. Only difference was it didnt need to involve a discussion.
I "pay it forward" all the time. While it may not be on here (although I have once) I still do. And yes we were strangers and I got to know him, and in return for my kindness instead of me being a dick and actually talking to him like a human got me something I didn't ask for. I sent him the payment, he refunded it. I NEVER asked for anything.

May 4, 2016 at 7:22:16 PM
MinusWorlds (71)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands
Enjoy it man. I think the "@wood" is just him telling us he's at "full mast" but what do I know?

May 4, 2016 at 7:22:44 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
adjective
of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.

May 4, 2016 at 7:22:52 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: attakid101

Very kind of you, Tim. It's a shame the OP decided to use this act of generosity as a soap box.
I understand where you are coming from, but am I wrong? This guy was attacked WAY before he posted anything. I am just posting this as a, "Don't speculate about someone you don't know" post.

May 4, 2016 at 7:24:05 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: TheToxicCollector

IBTL

This is my feeling as well. I have had members go out of their way and hook me up with free stuff as well. I would never publicly post about it because I would hate for them to have a million people looking for hand outs. They know that I appreciate their good deeds. NA is a great place. 

I got Tim's permission before posting, I didn't just throw this post up willy nilly.

May 4, 2016 at 7:25:58 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (112)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
adjective
of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
I was pretty DIRECT with you when I asked you not to comment on my posts. Or was that too passive aggressive for you?