Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo DS Collectors Any of us out there?

Dec 07 at 3:02:56 PM
Bunkland (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Has one played Mini RC Rally? I recently picked it up cheap and had a hell of a time finding it. Wondering if it's any good?

Dec 07 at 3:22:13 PM
Entity (83)
(M H) < Lolo Lord >
California
Sounds like good DS games in the wild is rare for a lot of people.

So far this is one of the only decent lots on ebay I've seen since I started seriously looking:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-NEW-amp-USED-NINTENDO-DS-NDS-VI...

I'm curious as to what other here thought about that auction. Was $500 for those 32 games a great deal? Fair? Overpriced?

I have yet to post an offer of $1000+ for a DS lot once more and part of it is because it seems to me any large lot of decent quality games will sell for a significant percentage greater than if each game was bought separately. That the idea, "buy in bulk get a deal," is long dead.

And I get that maybe that is a normal thing because I'm in a position where I do not want to spend hours every days checking to see if there is a good deal on a hundred different DS games on ebay (I usually only watch around 10 things at a time).

Or perhaps I am simply wrong and lots like the one I linked are great deals.

-------------------------
Want List.
Trade List.

Dec 07 at 5:22:44 PM
BreaKBeatZ (57)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: Bunkland

Has one played Mini RC Rally? I recently picked it up cheap and had a hell of a time finding it. Wondering if it's any good?

Seems rare based on ebay and the fact that it isn't even listed on Game Value Now.  I just picked one up for $7 on ebay and I'll be trying it out when it arrives  

Dec 07 at 5:26:38 PM
yukfou (106)
(Great Dragon) < Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Entity

Sounds like good DS games in the wild is rare for a lot of people.

So far this is one of the only decent lots on ebay I've seen since I started seriously looking:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-NEW-amp-USED-NINTENDO-DS-NDS-VI...

I'm curious as to what other here thought about that auction. Was $500 for those 32 games a great deal? Fair? Overpriced?

I have yet to post an offer of $1000+ for a DS lot once more and part of it is because it seems to me any large lot of decent quality games will sell for a significant percentage greater than if each game was bought separately. That the idea, "buy in bulk get a deal," is long dead.

And I get that maybe that is a normal thing because I'm in a position where I do not want to spend hours every days checking to see if there is a good deal on a hundred different DS games on ebay (I usually only watch around 10 things at a time).

Or perhaps I am simply wrong and lots like the one I linked are great deals.

I'd say that price sounds about right, if not a somewhat good deal. Not sure what the price is for everything but I'd guestimate at least $600, possibly even $700 or more from a quick glance.

You have a couple rarer/pricier complete titles in there such as drone tactics, super robot taisen og saga, luminous arc 2, and front mission. And then other $20-30 or so games in there like dragon quest heroes, megaman, Rhapsody, phantasy star 0, etc.

Dec 08 at 3:22:37 PM
KrakenSoup (42)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I just picked up the game Contact, one that has been on my list for a very long time, only played it for about 15 minutes on an emulator once and enjoyed it. Seems like my kind of game. I can't wait to play it.

Dec 08 at 3:48:22 PM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Michigan
I looked for Contact for the longest time too, several years, and then ended up with two in a month. Still haven't played it though, so maybe it is time.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Dec 08 at 5:17:26 PM
Quaze (97)
(Jordan C.) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Contact is really cool, very Earthbound-y.

I'm really only on the lookout for 2-3 more games, and that'll be the end of my DS collecting. I'm not even really looking for those games, just if I happen upon them, I'll pick them up. Kind of bittersweet to be done with it lol, 2017 was definitely the year of DS for me.

My eBay feedback

Dec 09 at 4:56:14 AM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
Just picked up Touchmaster 4: Connect complete in box for $5. (About $3.50 for USD.)
Nothing too special or rare, but it's a series I've been interested in for a while, so I decided to take a shot on it.
Really fun from what I've played so far. I know there are better puzzle games out there, but for a cheap game any of you are looking for to have a quick play with, I'd recommend it!  

Amiibo Count- 124/148  

I originally wanted to surpass Alex in posts, but my average post per day has dropped below one. 
Does that mean I'm the Anti-Alex? 
EDIT- 17th November 2017- It's back up to one! AlexElectric won't be as angry at me anymore! 

Dec 11 at 11:22:26 AM
Bunkland (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Contact is a great game! I had a lot of fun with it. Scored that complete for 8 bucks at EB games a few years ago.

Dec 11 at 11:51:17 AM
KrakenSoup (42)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Funny thing is I remember Contact being dirt cheap and thinking "eh I'll get it later on" and just never did. Now it's like a $40 game used, I got mine for $30 which is okay I suppose. Anyway, it looks like it will arrive today in the mail, so I can't wait to try it later!

I've been on a big DS kick lately. I just bought a few Professor Layton games, I've only played the original years ago. I'm sure if I loved the first one I will love the others as well.

Dec 11 at 11:57:37 AM
Lando452 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
So what are some of the more rare DS games to be on the lookout for? I would like to keep an eye out for these.

Dec 11 at 12:17:31 PM
Bunkland (0)
< Little Mac >
Ontario
Mini RC Rally, XG Blast, Shepperds Crossing 2, those come to mind because I recently picked them up. I have an ongoing list of weird titles that I can't find for the life of me. The list is on my desktop though, I'll try to remember to post some more tonight.

Dec 11 at 2:32:45 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Funny thing is I remember Contact being dirt cheap and thinking "eh I'll get it later on" and just never did. Now it's like a $40 game used, I got mine for $30 which is okay I suppose. Anyway, it looks like it will arrive today in the mail, so I can't wait to try it later!

I've been on a big DS kick lately. I just bought a few Professor Layton games, I've only played the original years ago. I'm sure if I loved the first one I will love the others as well.
If you loved the first one you'll love any of them.  And I think Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton is great too because it constantly switches between the two gameplay styles which keeps things fresh

Dec 11 at 4:02:59 PM
KrakenSoup (42)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

If you loved the first one you'll love any of them.  And I think Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton is great too because it constantly switches between the two gameplay styles which keeps things fresh
I love all the Phoenix Wrights, loved 999, Hotel Dusk, the first Professor Layton...I love all those text adventure/puzzle game types. I had Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright but ironically never played it and ended up selling it. Now I need to buy it again.   

Dec 11 at 5:29:07 PM
yukfou (106)
Maryland
Originally posted by: Lando452

So what are some of the more rare DS games to be on the lookout for? I would like to keep an eye out for these.

What do you collect for DS?

Dec 12 at 3:52:27 PM
KrakenSoup (42)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter is another pricey/rare one. Izuna 2 the Unemployed Ninja too. And Fighting Fantasy: Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

Any Atlus game with an outer cardboard box like the Etrian Odysseys and Radiant Historia are worth a lot more with the box and soundtrack since they were a "first print" kind of thing that seems to be commonly practiced today with the Switch and 3DS.

Dec 12 at 10:06:14 PM
yukfou (106)
Maryland

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter is another pricey/rare one. Izuna 2 the Unemployed Ninja too. And Fighting Fantasy: Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

Any Atlus game with an outer cardboard box like the Etrian Odysseys and Radiant Historia are worth a lot more with the box and soundtrack since they were a "first print" kind of thing that seems to be commonly practiced today with the Switch and 3DS.

I really want to know what ds games this dude has already/what he collects

Dec 13 at 12:14:40 AM
Lando452 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
I dont have much DS games, I just wanted to know whats rare

Dec 13 at 12:36:11 AM
gargantuace (3)
< Crack Trooper >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: yukfou

I really want to know what ds games this dude has already/what he collects

Assuming it's up to date, he links his collection in his signature.

Dec 13 at 1:09:12 AM
Lando452 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
My collection is up to date

Dec 13 at 1:18:58 AM
D~Funk (72)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
Gave the DS and 3DS games a new home! Just cracked 100 3ds games with the release of River City Rival Showdown and at 185 DS games!

Tap To Expand

Dec 13 at 7:24:56 AM
yukfou (106)
Maryland

I dont have much DS games, I just wanted to know whats rare

So are you looking to expand your collection? I only ask because there are people who just want to make money and then those who collect. I'd be more than happy to give you a list if you are looking to expand your collection.

What's your favorite DS game that you own or have heard about?

Dec 13 at 10:09:39 AM
Lando452 (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Nevada
I want to expand, I'm not looking at selling, I like Zelda, Castlevania, Metroid, Super Mario series, RPG's, I think Mario Kart is my favorite so far but I do want to collect the rest of the Castlevania games

Dec 13 at 10:21:38 AM
dry_bowser (4)
< Crack Trooper >
India
Does anyone know what's up with Code Lyoko Fall of X.A.N.A.? Loose and CIB units are reasonably priced but sealed ones are exponentially higher.

Dec 13 at 11:55:22 AM
Quaze (97)
(Jordan C.) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: dry_bowser

Does anyone know what's up with Code Lyoko Fall of X.A.N.A.? Loose and CIB units are reasonably priced but sealed ones are exponentially higher.

If you want a real shocker, take a look at River City Soccer Hooligans.

Loose Price: $5.48
Complete Price: $6.16
New/Sealed: $89.13

My eBay feedback