Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii U Collectors Discussion Thread

Jan 07 at 10:05:18 AM
ZBomber (5)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Buy 1 get 1 on select titles at Target

https://www.target.com/pl/1439505...?

I picked up two that I needed (Minecraft and Lego City). Only need about 10 more games from my list at this point.

Jan 07 at 11:09:07 AM
ZBomber (5)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
edit: double post, first one wasn't showing up for me.

Edited: 01/07/2018 at 11:09 AM by ZBomber

Jan 07 at 8:04:25 PM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Target wouldn't sell zelda besides in store pick up an hour away. Family video had good sales. Shovel Knight was 10 bucks so I snagged that.

Jan 08 at 12:31:12 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I only need

Paper Mario Color Splash
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack
Just Dance 2017
Just Dance 2018
Cars 3

Ugh I wish I could take advantage of that and needed another first party game. Color Splash is the only one where it would be worth it.

-------------------------

NES  636 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158/163(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 08 at 12:49:36 AM
elprincipe (90)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

I only need

Paper Mario Color Splash
Just Dance 2017
Just Dance 2018
Cars 3

Ugh I wish I could take advantage of that and needed another first party game. Color Splash is the only one where it would be worth it.
I need all those as well, just waiting for price drops.

Visiting some family and the local Walmart had Color Splash on clearance for $20, so grabbed it.  You may want to look at Brickseek and see if any near you have it on clearance (Walmart clearance varies from store to store).  Good luck!

Edited: 01/08/2018 at 12:49 AM by elprincipe

Jan 08 at 8:36:20 PM
DeuceGamer (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

I only need

Paper Mario Color Splash
Just Dance 2017
Just Dance 2018
Cars 3

With you on the Just Dance. Need both 2017 and 2018. Off the top of my head the only other game I need is NBA 2K. Keep thinking that game isn’t that rare and I’ll find it for $5 at a Pawn Shop or Yard Sale but hasn’t happened yet. 

Jan 08 at 10:18:45 PM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
I had no idea NBA 2K was so expensive until I looked it up. It's under the radar at that price and might pop up cheap, though ive not seen it in person that I can recall.

Jan 09 at 5:20:28 AM
oatmeal flavor (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
NBA 2K13 has never been a cheap game. It was hard to find when it was sold at retail.

Jan 09 at 8:59:40 AM
beardcore84 (6)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nebraska
Yea I was sick of waiting for it so I caved and bought it for around $20 last year. Didn't seem like it was getting any cheaper.

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Jan 09 at 9:14:35 AM
TDIRunner (14)
(Jon ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Illinois
My local Target was willing to price match the online B1G1 deal in store. They also price matched the games that were lower value online.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 09 at 9:32:29 AM
captmorgandrinker (556)
(Vas ) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: AtariJay

Target wouldn't sell zelda besides in store pick up an hour away. Family video had good sales. Shovel Knight was 10 bucks so I snagged that.

Keep an eye on your local Family Video locations; a few around here have gone under.    Games were 5.99, then 4.99, then apparently the dumpster.

Nothing really good; they shipped the expensive/popular newish stuff to other stores.

Jan 09 at 11:54:34 PM
TheSwagPatrol (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Just Dance 2018 is $27.99 at the moment at Best Buy with the gamer's club discount. Pretty sure that's either the cheapest or tied for the cheapest that it's been at retail yet. Probably still gonna wait though, since it's still available at most/all retailers and it seems like finding stock won't be an issue if waiting for a steeper discount.

Also might want to grab Minecraft Story Mode on the cheap while you can. Got a sealed copy about a year ago for $16 and see that sealed copies have climbed to $40-45ish. Doesn't seem to be in stock at Best Buy anymore but I could've sworn I've seen them very recently in store at Best Buy.

Jan 10 at 12:41:27 AM
jacob... (17)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: TheSwagPatrol
Also might want to grab Minecraft Story Mode on the cheap while you can. Got a sealed copy about a year ago for $16 and see that sealed copies have climbed to $40-45ish. Doesn't seem to be in stock at Best Buy anymore but I could've sworn I've seen them very recently in store at Best Buy.

that minecraft jump was just a Christmas anomoly. it is back to its retail price at 29.99 with multiple bin listing on ebay sitting. however that weird little spike before christmas that caused the few sales (that i assume were b.s.) at around $100 has resulted in almost all the lsitings on ebay calling this title "rare." lol before you know it they are going to be calling all 3rd party wii u games "rare."

ive seen just dance 2018 being clearanced at 2 different prices at my local targets. one was 19.99 this was prob a mistake and last week i saw it at 27.99

"its not all about dat 'tendo   "

link to my wanted
link to my for trade

Edited: 01/10/2018 at 12:43 AM by jacob...

Jan 10 at 1:07:48 AM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (96)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Be on the look out at your local Gamestop if you need replacement cases for Wii U games. My buddy that works for GS just texted me and told me that tonight they received an email from their district manager to toss the blue Wii U cases and replace them with the standard GS black ones (on used games). Check the dumpsters! He is going to try and snag a few for me, but just a heads up for everyone else.

XBL: Puppywaffles IG: Puppy_waffles SC:MoldyOldCrow

Jan 10 at 2:57:11 AM
Baddieboy Holden (0)
(Amiibo Collector) < Meka Chicken >
New Zealand
Just picked up Devils Third for $15.
Feeling pretty happy about that.  

PAL WiiU- 24/160 
PAL 3DS- 57/3?? 
PAL PS2- 128/God knows how many. 

Jan 10 at 3:36:03 AM
MrNESGuy (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Be on the look out at your local Gamestop if you need replacement cases for Wii U games. My buddy that works for GS just texted me and told me that tonight they received an email from their district manager to toss the blue Wii U cases and replace them with the standard GS black ones (on used games). Check the dumpsters! He is going to try and snag a few for me, but just a heads up for everyone else.
If anyone needs some, let me know.  I still have about 30+ used ones that I have sitting around in the box and would be willing to part with them for basically nothing other than shipping costs.

Currently searching for the manual for Game Gear Sports Illustrated game.

Jan 10 at 3:59:12 AM
icarwngs55 (67)
(Michael D) < El Ripper >
United States
Star Fox Zero is also $19.97 NEW at GS if not mentioned. I'm waiting for even cheaper to snag a couple

Jan 10 at 4:55:43 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Why on earth? What could possibly be the reason to throw away a case, amd replace it with a cheap crappy case of the same size?

GS is truly clueless on why nintendo stuff is expensive and popular collectors items. This is exactly why them selling old games is a mistake. They dont treat anything with respect.

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/10/2018 at 04:59 PM by quest4nes

Jan 10 at 5:02:48 PM
DefaultGen (23)
(Tyler Wilkin) < Kraid Killer >
United States

I wonder if Gamestop will ever learn people don't want generic cases and disc only crap. Half the previous gen stuff at my local stores is generic crap. Maybe people aren't buying it because it's full priced for an incomplete game, ya dummies.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #97: So You Want to Collect for the Original Xbox?

Jan 10 at 5:07:04 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (96)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee

Why on earth? What could possibly be the reason to throw away a case, amd replace it with a cheap crappy case of the same size?

GS is truly clueless on why nintendo stuff is expensive and popular collectors items. This is exactly why them selling old games is a mistake. They dont treat anything with respect.

It honestly doesn't surprise me. Look at all the PS2 GameCube and Xbox games that they had in the papers sleeves for the longest time and all the DS cases they threw out they threw out just save space. Just recently they were taking new copies of Shantae and ditching the box in the soundtrack and just selling the disc without the case because it took up too much shelf space

Edited: 01/10/2018 at 05:07 PM by PuppyWaffles

Jan 10 at 6:07:37 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

It honestly doesn't surprise me. Look at all the PS2 GameCube and Xbox games that they had in the papers sleeves for the longest time and all the DS cases they threw out they threw out just save space. Just recently they were taking new copies of Shantae and ditching the box in the soundtrack and just selling the disc without the case because it took up too much shelf space

But switching out the blue for black cases doesnt save space

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Jan 10 at 7:20:37 PM
elprincipe (90)
< Meka Chicken >
Virginia

Gamestop logicTM. It's like they want to make sure I don't buy anything from them.

Jan 10 at 7:24:06 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
And in 5-10 years when wii u stuff is more collectible theyll wonder why their stuff wont move

with the switch releasing endless ports the wii u will be a collectors system. So destroying original cases shows they have no future thought at all. Seriously who holds these jobs that makes these decisions. They are sabatoging their own future with all this throwibg away original cases nonsense

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 01/10/2018 at 07:32 PM by quest4nes

Jan 10 at 7:25:53 PM
SUBSCRIBER
PuppyWaffles (96)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: elprincipe

Gamestop logicTM. It's like they want to make sure I don't buy anything from them.

But those generic cases all same Gamestop on them...I bet they see it as a advertising technique.
They aren't smart, I mean they started buying iPhones and selling Cricket service. Makes sense to buy phones you can't resell on the service you offer lol.

Jan 10 at 7:33:23 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
You can use iphones on cricket.

Business phone is that right now

SNES 306
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48