Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii U Collectors Discussion Thread

May 16 at 11:31:58 PM
firebrand (44)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
I just bought my wii u the other day and I love it so far. Doesn't seem too bad to collect for either.

May 17 at 5:27:34 AM
AC Skywalker (21)
(Matt ) < El Ripper >
Canada
Originally posted by: ne$_pimp

Sonic and Mario Rio brand new and instock online at bestbuy.ca
I also picked up your shape for $4 in store. These bestbuy deals have been great lately.

Do you mean the mario & sonic for sale from the third party seller on best buy?

-------------------------

May 17 at 9:05:32 AM
huskyunit (2)
(PattheNESDrunk ) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: firebrand

I just bought my wii u the other day and I love it so far. Doesn't seem too bad to collect for either.

Cool, are you going for a whole set or just particular games?

May 17 at 9:32:33 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida

Me too! (:

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

May 17 at 10:04:36 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (150)
(Jason Fleck) < El Ripper >
Missouri
We need a Wii U full set badge. It would be interesting to find out how many of us have completed it to date.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

May 17 at 11:41:53 AM
firebrand (44)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: huskyunit

Cool, are you going for a whole set or just particular games?

only games that I'll play. However, with such a small library it is very tempting to go for a whole set!! Lol

May 17 at 11:42:22 AM
firebrand (44)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Daria

Me too! (:

I love it so far. 

May 17 at 2:00:46 PM
DefaultGen (21)
(Tyler Wilkin) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Fleck586

We need a Wii U full set badge. It would be interesting to find out how many of us have completed it to date.

None of us do. Darksiders Warmastered copies have to exist sitting in warehouses and stock rooms by now right?  

Speaking of, the current status of future Wii U games is this right?:
Darksiders: May 23, up on Amazon
Cars 3: June 13, up on Amazon
Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition: "Q2 2017" pending endless quiet delays? Can't preorder anywhere.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 

Edited: 05/17/2017 at 02:01 PM by DefaultGen

May 17 at 2:02:02 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

Sonic and Mario Rio brand new and instock online at bestbuy.ca
I also picked up your shape for $4 in store. These bestbuy deals have been great lately.

Do you mean the mario & sonic for sale from the third party seller on best buy?

Could be. They were $79.99 new.

May 17 at 2:08:11 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
I'm not interested in going fullset (shit I don't want a fullset of ANY system) but are a few awesome games I definitely want. Mostly I bought the system because my original Wii died and I rather have the expanded library over Gamecube compatibility.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

May 17 at 3:00:15 PM
KrakenSoup (40)
(Mike P) < Bowser >
New York

only games that I'll play. However, with such a small library it is very tempting to go for a whole set!! Lol
I don't even like the Wii U that much but it has its share of great games and not a whole lot of shovelware. Going for a full set is actually pretty appealing because it's so small. If I had a lot of space and money I might even consider going for a full Wii U set as well as a full N64 set. I love the DS and SNES also but SNES is expensive and DS has so much garbage on the system and plus... 1800ish titles is a LOT. So wii U's 150 or so is pretty appealing by comparison.

May 17 at 3:44:24 PM
RalliArtEvo (18)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

None of us do. Darksiders Warmastered copies have to exist sitting in warehouses and stock rooms by now right?  

Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition: "Q2 2017" pending endless quiet delays? Can't preorder anywhere.

They've had December 31st for a long time for Darksiders. Crazy that they just changed it out of the blue to next week!

Edited: 05/17/2017 at 03:45 PM by RalliArtEvo

May 17 at 6:32:50 PM
wesr (19)
< Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Looking good and thank you for the list. The newer Nintendo stuff is the ones I couldn't find a super accurate list for. I like your shelf setup, way nicer than mine is.

May 18 at 10:02:46 AM
huskyunit (2)
Texas

Crazy that they are actually releasing more Wii U games. I can see maybe Cars 3 becuase of Disney, but I am shocked they are releasing Darksiders. I bet that Axiom Verge won't ever be released on the Wii U most likely on the Switch instead. 

May 18 at 10:58:10 AM
DefaultGen (21)
(Tyler Wilkin) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: huskyunit

Crazy that they are actually releasing more Wii U games. I can see maybe Cars 3 becuase of Disney, but I am shocked they are releasing Darksiders. I bet that Axiom Verge won't ever be released on the Wii U most likely on the Switch instead. 

I really hope Axiom Verge doesn't disappear. IIRC the developer even called the Wii U version the best version because the map is always on the second screen. Not that I'd be playing with the tablet... but still! I've been holding off on playing the PC version in anticipation of getting this Wii U release.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 

Edited: 05/18/2017 at 10:58 AM by DefaultGen

May 18 at 12:48:26 PM
TheSwagPatrol (0)

< Little Mac >
Illinois
GameStop is having a 4 for $20 sale on select preowned games and some Wii U games are included: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Assassin's Creed III, LEGO Movie Video Game, Madden 13, Mass Effect 3 Special Edition, Mighty #9, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and ZombiU. Some decent games there even if you aren't going for a full set

Used this sale to finally break 100 Wii U games   less than 60 to go! And I got all the expensive 1st party stuff and rare 3rd party stuff out of the way, so it's smooth sailing from here on out!

May 18 at 1:13:16 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Five more days till Darksiders, woo

May 18 at 1:16:21 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

If they all get a release. Which I dont see why they wouldn't, since the last Wii game came out in January.

Edit: Not sure whats going on with the mobile qoute here, so Im leaving it like this.

Edited: 05/18/2017 at 01:19 PM by ne$_pimp

May 19 at 10:15:32 AM
huskyunit (2)
Texas

If they all get a release. Which I dont see why they wouldn't, since the last Wii game came out in January. Edit: Not sure whats going on with the mobile qoute here, so Im leaving it like this.

The problem is that the Wii sold over 100 million units while the Wii U sold around 13.5 million. It's just doesn't make sense to invest in a dead system unless they have already printed the game. It's why Yooka Laylee went to the Switch. Maybe they will relase it on both consoles? But what do I know? I could easily be wrong. I'm shocked they are releasing Darksiders after that huge delay.

May 19 at 10:26:52 AM
ZBomber (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
wow yeah its weird that the font is defaulting to italics on this page now.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that Darksiders is being released on the Wii U just because I assume they started working on it before Switch was really known about, and then at this point they probably just needed to fine tune things. I imagine the Wii U build has pretty much been done, and at that point they might as well release it since they put all the time and resources into it, even if its for a dead console. Like Huskyunit said, I don't think we're gonna see many, if any, more Wii U games because of how small the user base is and how Nintendo has completely stopped supporting it, unlike the Wii which they kept going for awhile. There really isn't any reason to develop new games for the Wii U. I imagine Cars 3 will be the last, aside from maybe another Just Dance game, and I think Axiom Verge will be switched (no pun intended) to the Switch.

May 19 at 2:11:35 PM
TheSwagPatrol (0)

< Little Mac >
Illinois
Is Darksiders Warmastered actually releasing though? I know Amazon says May 23rd but I still don't have a ship date for my preorder of it, and no other retailer afaik has it for preorder.

And yeah it's really annoying that it's defaulting to italic font now...

May 19 at 3:20:15 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Originally posted by: TheSwagPatrol

Is Darksiders Warmastered actually releasing though? I know Amazon says May 23rd but I still don't have a ship date for my preorder of it, and no other retailer afaik has it for preorder.

I got a delivery date from Amazon.ca of June 2 to 7. It was also on EB games website and they usually don't have place holders unless the game is a definite release. I would say 100% that both this and cars will be released.

It's funny because it seems like more people bought WiiUs in the last few months than when they were released.. although I know that has no real impact on releases this late in the game. I do hope these are the last games with AV rounding off the library.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/160 Fully Completed. 

May 19 at 3:21:58 PM
huskyunit (2)
Texas

I don't buy a lot of games on Amazon, but maybe it updates the ship date when they ship it out or release date? Well see what happens.

Edit: Thanks Andy_Bogomil for the update

Edited: 05/19/2017 at 03:24 PM by huskyunit

May 19 at 3:28:04 PM
huskyunit (2)
Texas
Has anyone played Axiom Verge? It looks pretty cool, I really like the soundtrack.

May 19 at 4:36:57 PM
alpodt (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

I got a delivery date from Amazon.ca of June 2 to 7. It was also on EB games website and they usually don't have place holders unless the game is a definite release. I would say 100% that both this and cars will be released.

It's funny because it seems like more people bought WiiUs in the last few months than when they were released.. although I know that has no real impact on releases this late in the game. I do hope these are the last games with AV rounding off the library.

There's a guy on my local kijiji who is selling the new Darksiders game, he says he received it early from amazon. He has a picture of it on his listing so I would assume it's legit. Here's the link:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-nintendo-w...

Edited: 05/19/2017 at 04:37 PM by alpodt