Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Little Ninja Brothers Madness! Super Chinese Collection

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:38:05 PM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
The first 4 games that I ever had and played in my entire life were:
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet (I had the orange zapper NES Power Set)
- Super Spike V'Ball / Nintendo World Cup (I had the NES Sports Set; I had two NES sets on two different homes!)
- Air Fortress
- Little Ninja Brothers!

My dad loved (still does) to play Air Fortress (is not multiplayer though) and the Super Spike V’Ball, we used to play those games together. We also played together World Cup and Little Ninja Brothers. It was one of my favorites because of the ninjas and battles. We never got too further in the game though, but I did have a lot of fun playing during the fights and mini games.

Not sure if my dad bought Little Ninja Brothers brand new or just the cartridge (I need to ask him), but I do not remember seeing the box and manual ever. They used to throw away everything, but the actual games, so that could be it as well. I barely remember the cartridge label, and I did not even remember the name of the game as well lol. It was only around 3 years ago when I was trying to find the game again with an emulator and looking for all the NES games that had the word “ninja” in the title that I was able to find it again!

I also used to believed that Mystical Ninja for the N64 (first Mystical Ninja I played) was related to this game because I saw the red and blue ninjas lol, later I found out that they were two different series.

It was one of the first games I ever played and with my dad! So I decided to get the game, and as a CIB collector I realized that it wasn’t so common lol. Anyway, I got it and a few months later I realized about the whole Super Chinese Culture Brain series and that there were quite a few other games in the series, so I decided to go for a full set. It wasn’t easy though. The game boy games might be the rarest games I have in my whole collection!

You can click on the images for higher resolution!

NES

SNES

GB

Overview

Japanese Releases

FC

SFC

GB

GBC

GBA

Overview

All together!

Now showing everything CIB

US Releases

Kung-Fu Heroes (NES)

Little Ninja Brothers (NES)

Super Ninja Boy (SNES)
The only survey card I'm missing to have a 100% CIB US Little Ninja Brothers collection! Hopefully I will find by next year... Also need to upgrade the condition of this box.

Ninja Boy (GB)

Ninja Boy 2 (GB)

JP Releases

Super Chinese (FC)

Super Chinese 2 (FC)

Super Chinese 3 (FC)

Super Chinese World (SFC)

Super Chinese World 2 (SFC)

Super Chinese World 3 (SFC)

Super Chinese Fighter (SFC)

Super Chinese Land (GB)

Super Chinese Land 2 (GB)

Super Chinese Land 3 (GB)

Super Chinese Land 1-2-3 Dash (GB)

Super Chinese Fighter GB (GB)

Super Chinese Fighter EX (GBC)

Super Chinese 1-2 Advance (GBA)

Twin Series Vol. 3 - Konchuu Monster/Super Chinese Labyrinth (GBA)

A few extras!

Kung-Fu Heroes (oval SOQ variant) + another Little Ninja Brothers in near mint condition

Kung-Fu Heroes Sealed

Ninja Boy Sealed

So I end up with 3 Kung-Fu Heroes, 2 Little Ninja Brothers, and 2 Ninja Boy lol.

I have seen Little Ninja Brothers, Super Ninja Boy, and Ninja Boy 2 sealed, so I sealed collection is possible. Sadly I missed the opportunity to own Ninja Boy 2 sealed because I missed the FO thread :\ 

There seems to be a Super Chinese Fighter DX (PS1) game, but I have never been able to find a picture of it anywhere, let alone the game for sale! Who knows.

-------------------------

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:17:47 PM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut
Great to see your collection and to get the personal story about it. I skimmed the Japanese wiki page for the Super Chinese Fighter series and didn't see any mention of a PSX game, but that doesn't really mean much.
I'm trying to do something similar with a few series myself. Your post is great motivation to keep working at em.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Moonlighter
Recently Completed: Minit, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, Ys VIII

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:14:58 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Holy crap, why didn't I ever put it together that Kung-Fu Heroes and Little Ninja Brothers are the same game!? Awesome collection man.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:14:53 PM
J.B.H (5)
(Jonatan Bjerke Hermansson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Sweden
That's very impressive, and those GB-games are as you write really rare.

Also, this series of games probably have some of the nicest looking cover arts i've ever seen.

Great set and congrats on completing it!

Btw. Are you also going to get the PAL-version of Little Ninja Brothers for the NES (FRG-coded?).

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:34:54 PM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
I would kill for a copy of ninja boy 2 CIB for gameboy! Very nice collection.

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA set. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:38:59 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < El Ripper >
United States
There seems to be a Super Chinese Fighter DX (PS1) game, but I have never been able to find a picture of it anywhere, let alone the game for sale! Who knows.

I was curious about this and tried finding it for myself.  I found several Japanese online stores that have a product page for it, but none of them have it in stock or even a picture of it.  Supposedly it was shown at the 1999 Autumn Tokyo Game Show and was to be release in December 1999, but I couldn't find any information other than that.  I'd say it's safe to assume the game was canceled.

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:33:01 PM
jonebone (548)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I'm a fan of the Little Ninja Bros series myself. Not at this level of dedication but I got the GB CIBs, SNES CIB and an 85+ Sealed on NES. Glad to see someone else that enjoys the set.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:16:27 PM
bigmak (52)
(Eric ) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
impressive nice subset..and it's good that it means something special.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:54:30 PM
geddon_jt (18)

(John T) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Rondy, your collection is so awesome I want to hook you up with that Super Ninja Boy survey card buddy! Do you have a trade list or anything? PM me

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:04:47 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
K.Thrower (120)
(Kenny Boy) < Master Higgins >
Colorado
nice set, great pics too!

Ready for adventure!
www.watagames.com...

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:06:51 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Thanks everyone! 

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:08:39 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: alakhira

Great to see your collection and to get the personal story about it. I skimmed the Japanese wiki page for the Super Chinese Fighter series and didn't see any mention of a PSX game, but that doesn't really mean much.
I'm trying to do something similar with a few series myself. Your post is great motivation to keep working at em.

What series are you working on? I'm glad to hear about the motivation

I got the PS1 game from the PlayStation collecting database http://playstationcollecting.com/index.cfm?Keywords=super+ch...

but if the Japanese wiki does not mention about it, maybe it wasn't even released!

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:11:43 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: J.B.H

Btw. Are you also going to get the PAL-version of Little Ninja Brothers for the NES (FRG-coded?).
I'm not aware of the list of PAL games for this series. I know there is Little Ninja Brothers. Is that the only one? If so, I'll probably get it. I already looked at ebay actual and completed auctions and looks like it is rare as well.

There is a cart/manual up for auction  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-NES-PAL-B-Little-Ninja-Br...

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:13:33 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Red

I was curious about this and tried finding it for myself.  I found several Japanese online stores that have a product page for it, but none of them have it in stock or even a picture of it.  Supposedly it was shown at the 1999 Autumn Tokyo Game Show and was to be release in December 1999, but I couldn't find any information other than that.  I'd say it's safe to assume the game was canceled.

Yeah, I have also seen the Japanese online stores with the product page, but never in stock and no picture. 

Interesting about the Autumn Tokyo Game Show, would love to see anything if it was really shown.

Maybe it was canceled as you say.

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:15:29 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

I'm a fan of the Little Ninja Bros series myself. Not at this level of dedication but I got the GB CIBs, SNES CIB and an 85+ Sealed on NES. Glad to see someone else that enjoys the set.

Awesome to know that you are a fan jone

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:15:48 AM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: geddon_jt

Rondy, your collection is so awesome I want to hook you up with that Super Ninja Boy survey card buddy! Do you have a trade list or anything? PM me

Awesome! PM sent!!

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:53:20 AM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Jul 14, 2013 at 7:15:29 AM
fcgamer (98)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Awesome, really nice collection! I never played this series before, but now I might need to get the Famicom versions and give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration

On another note, I love seeing collections like this! Everyone does the whole "complete set" thing these days, it seems, and to be quite frank about it, I get tired of that. People always debate what is in the set, people take the short cuts to "finish", etc. So it is really, really nice to see someone take a different approach to collecting and collect something that is quite meaningful to them. Good job

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:41:43 AM
RetroMichel (39)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
This is fantastic. I love when people collect video game series that no one REALLY cares about. This is pleasant to see ! Congratulations, rondy_ !

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:46:08 AM
snoopy101 (91)
< El Ripper >
Idaho
That's a really awesome collection. I have a loose copy of super ninja boy coming in the mail that im super excited to play. I had no idea there was that many of these games.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:50:47 AM
alakhira (134)
(Martin ) < Lolo Lord >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: rondy_

I got the PS1 game from the PlayStation collecting database http://playstationcollecting.com/index.cfm?Keywords=super+ch...

but if the Japanese wiki does not mention about it, maybe it wasn't even released!

We'll I've almost completed my CIB dragon quest US-NTSC collection and plan on doing a CIB Japan collection too (likely excluding Ultimate Hits rereleases).  Will include relevent repros here too, with boxes wherever possible.

I'm also working on the console releases of Ultima and Lord of the Rings. Finally toying with a couple of mainly Japanese series, but I want to finish these first before moving onto those.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0309-0134-0531
Now Playing: Moonlighter
Recently Completed: Minit, Dragon Quest Builders, Hollow Knight, Ys VIII

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:57:14 PM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States

Thanks Everyone!!

Originally posted by: shawnphase

That is absolutely amazing!

Edited: 07/14/2013 at 02:58 PM by rondy_

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:02:02 PM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States

Originally posted by: rondy_

We'll I've almost completed my CIB dragon quest US-NTSC collection and plan on doing a CIB Japan collection too (likely excluding Ultimate Hits rereleases).  Will include relevent repros here too, with boxes wherever possible.

I'm also working on the console releases of Ultima and Lord of the Rings. Finally toying with a couple of mainly Japanese series, but I want to finish these first before moving onto those.

That would be interesting to see! Dragon Quest was the first anime that I liked and my favorite before being introduced to Dragon Ball xD