Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Ended ShmupSpeed CIB Charity Auction! 5 Available! Auction over; thanks!

LOCKED TOPIC

Oct 27 at 1:37:56 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
(Douglas Glover) < Bowser >
Ontario
It's that time of the year when Extra Life is ramping up, and this time around I wanted to do something special for the charity I take part in annually! As such, I am offering here today 5 (FIVE!) really nice CIB copies of ShmupSpeed on the NES!

ShmupSpeed is a game, or perhaps a tool if you will, designed to help you determine your "Presses Per Second" (PPS!). If you're familiar at all with the Shoot-em-up/Bullet Hell genre of games, you may know that a number of them require that you MASH THE HELL out of the buttons in order to shoot faster, thus destroying enemies and bosses more quickly to minimize the risk of death. ShmupSpeed is a quick 10-second MASH-FEST! Just slam the shit out of the A & B buttons on your NES controller (or any other controller you manage to plug into your NES), and it will give you your score. 

You can see the game in action here:

It's got some really nice effects and quality coding by KHAN Games; design, sprites and planning by yours truly; packaging, manuals and labels by SoleGooseProductions; carts made by SNESNESCUBE64; and music by Thomas Cipollone!

We've produced a total of 10 CIB copies of the game, with 5 going to the team, and the remaining 5 here available for auction. Each has been LASER ENGRAVED (Freakin' COOL!) with individual numbers 01-10/10, and a tiny spaceship on the board!

Laser engraving an eprom wuuuuut?!?!?

The top 5 bidders (aka the winners) will get their choice of what ##/10 cart they want. Highest bid choosest first, and so on!

And the best part of all of this (IMO) is that ALL proceeds go straight to Extra Life to help Sick Kids, so dig deep! I will be live streaming on Twitch for 24 hours on the last day of the auction (November 3rd), and will announce the winners live, sending out transactions right when bidding has ended. To further clarify: EVERY CENT of your winning bids will be donated to charity, 100% of it. I have personally paid for the production of these CIBs in an effort to share something cool, and raise money for kids; I will not be taking any money to "cover costs" or anything like that. 

"Hey Gloves, I like the idea of this Extra Life thing, but I don't wanna buy a CIB, can I donate?"
Of course you can, mysterious stranger! If you want to make a donation to the cause, you can do so on my donor page, and every bit helps and is greatly appreciated! Link here: LINK

High Bidders

1. $255 - xelius
  2. $250 - chromableedstudios
  3. $240 - neodolphino
  4. $235 - nicbball22
  5. $230 - dockvalentine

Auction Rules

• Ends 11/03/2018 (Nov. 3) @ 10pm NA time
  • All dollar values are USD
  • Bids must be a multiple of 5$
  • Minimum bid is $50
  • No editing bids. If you bid the same as someone else because you bid around the same time, please bid again, but a different number.
  • Each bidder can only win one CIB. No bidding on multiple copies of the game. (you can't be like "I'll bid $50, $55, and $60!")
  • You CAN raise your bid if you want to get a higher place in line for picking your preferred ##/10
  • Any bid placed in the last 5 min extends the auction 5 min, until 5 minutes have passed with no new bid(s)
  • Shipping within the US: $7
  • Shipping elsewhere in North America: $12
  • Shipping ELSEWHERE: $18
  • Top 5 bids win, with the top bid getting first pick of number (##/10), and so on. All numbers 1-10 are available, and you get to choose!

Winning Bids - Important Info!

• Winning bids will get a transaction from me, and I am asking that winners put their bids straight into Extra Life via my donation page (Link: HERE).
  • I will send the transactions out to the winners IMMEDIATELY after the auction ends, and while I won't make it a requirement, if you can put in the donation right away that would be really great since I'll be broadcasting live for Extra Life at the time the auction ends; your donations may influence others to also donate to the cause!
  • You do not HAVE to do the above. If you prefer to pay me directly via PayPal, that IS an option. BUT note that I will then be putting your winning bid straight into Extra Life myself on your behalf. If you opt out of donating straight to Extra Life as requested, you will 1) not get a tax receipt, and 2) assuming you don't pay via Friends & Family, part of your donation will be lost to PP fees.
  • I hope by now I've shown myself to be a trusted enough member of the community that people don't fear me ripping them off, and know that things will go nice and smooth, as they did last year when I hosted similar auctions for the same charity.
  • All of the CIBs are already done and made, ready to be shipped out by SGP soon after the auction ends. You will need to give me your shipping info, and I will pass it along to him as he is holding the CIBs to keep shipping affordable within the States.

-------------------------
gamevaluenow
Get the value of your games at gamevaluenow.com
Developer

Edited: 11/03/2018 at 11:22 PM by Gloves

Oct 27 at 2:06:19 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (183)
< Master Higgins >
United States
Starting it up at 7,500 pennies ($75)!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e
My FS Thread: Click This.

Oct 27 at 2:13:14 PM
SUBSCRIBER
xelius (4)
(Michael Chiaramonte) < Tourian Tourist >
New York
$100

Oct 27 at 2:29:57 PM
Katchii (21)
< Meka Chicken >
Florida
$80!

Oct 27 at 3:18:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
Ontario
Hey guys, thanks for the bids so far, really awesome!

I've been asked for some clarification so I wanted to share right away so it's clear:
  1. Bidders can only win one each.
  2. Bidders CAN make higher bids if they want to have first dibs on their pick of the numbers available, or if you are bumped out of the top 5.

(e.g. if Mega Tank wanted, he could bid $105 right now to get first pick of his preferred ##/10; he would, however, no longer be bidding $75. His bid would be upgraded and moved up the line.)

Hopefully that clears it up if it wasn't!

gamevaluenow
Developer

Edited: 10/27/2018 at 03:23 PM by Gloves

Oct 27 at 3:52:04 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (225)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
$50!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Oct 27 at 4:01:13 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
$85!

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Oct 27 at 4:11:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
The Hero (406)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Oct 27 at 5:06:17 PM
sadikyo (86)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
$150. And thank you for doing this!

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Oct 27 at 9:01:32 PM
SUBSCRIBER
The Hero (406)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Oct 27 at 10:37:37 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (183)
< Master Higgins >
United States
12,500 pennies ($125)  

My FS Thread: Click This.

Oct 28 at 8:30:42 AM
SUBSCRIBER
xelius (4)
(Michael Chiaramonte) < Tourian Tourist >
New York
$155

Oct 28 at 8:57:14 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
Missouri
$105

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Oct 28 at 9:19:46 AM
dragonwarrior83 (29)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
$140

Looking for a CIB Dragon Warrior 3.

Oct 28 at 11:30:06 AM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
$120

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Oct 28 at 2:21:35 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
Ontario
Hey all, thanks for the bids so far, you've all been great!

For today's bump I want to bring you some fun news regarding the release!

ShmupSpeed is going to be NA Scoreboard compatible!

I don't have a timeline just yet, but you will be able to show off your button mashin' skills online through the Scoreboard feature on the RetroUSB AVS if you have one! I hope to see some of you posting scores on there!

And to make sure it's clear: These CIBs that have been produced are the ONLY copies that will ever be made. There will be 10 physical copies floating around, as advertised in the OP of this thread. No cart-only will be made. If you want to join in on the NA Scoreboard fun, the ROM is available on the site, ShmupSpeed.com, so you can put it on a PowerPak or whatever else you might have. These CIBs are all about raising money for charity, and the exclusivity of them will never change.

gamevaluenow
Developer

Edited: 10/28/2018 at 03:01 PM by Gloves

Oct 28 at 2:41:39 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Fleck586 (153)
Missouri

Oct 28 at 9:31:03 PM
SUBSCRIBER
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Whoa, this is a really cool idea! Since it's going to charity $200 is an easy bid.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get my latest book...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
2D Zelda-Style Games, PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Bust a Nut LE, Slappin Bitches LE, Blade Buster (with save)

Oct 29 at 2:20:58 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
Ontario
Thanks so much for the support so far guys, it's been really amazing! Mind blowing!

Status Update

These are our high bidders so far:

1. $200 - thesubcon3
  2. $155 - xelius
  3. $150 - sadikyo
  4. $145 - Fleck586
  5. $140 - dragonwarrior83

This puts the running total at an astounding $790 going to charity

For today's bump I want to give you a little insight into the manual's style. The game's pretty simple and there's no hiding it, so I thought I'd have a little fun with the instructions section:

Thanks again for the bids so far, and good luck to those hoping to snag a copy! Remember, only 10 in total are being produced! Where they go after the auction is a mystery, but no other carts will be made of this game in the future so these will be the only ones available!

gamevaluenow
Developer

Oct 29 at 3:03:19 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (225)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
$160

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Oct 29 at 3:30:47 PM
Mega Mario Man (62)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Is your Twitch Live Stream going to be 24 hours of nonstop SHMUP Speed?  

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Oct 29 at 3:32:41 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Is your Twitch Live Stream going to be 24 hours of nonstop SHMUP Speed?  

I'd lose my fingers lol.

gamevaluenow
Developer

Oct 29 at 4:26:49 PM
< El Ripper >
Thanks for this. Is 100% going to charity? Also, which charity?

Oct 29 at 4:35:50 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (91)
Ontario
Originally posted by: avatar!

Thanks for this. Is 100% going to charity? Also, which charity?

Absolutely 100% of the winning bids will be going to charity. I take zero from this. People have been paid for their help making this a reality, but that was out of my pocket and I am not looking for any compensation personally. Every single cent - straight to charity. The winning bidders will be asked to put their winning bids straight into my donor page; I won't be a middle man unless someone requests it. It's better for both of us if you put the donation in, as it means no PayPal fees, AND you get a tax receipt which you can use come tax time in the Spring to get some return. 

I am supporting Sick Kids through Extra Life. You can see more info on my donor page here: https://www.extra-life.org/partic...

Extra Life is a charity that lets individuals support local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Specifically, donations to my page will go to Sick Kids Foundation, here in Toronto. If you click "Where does my money go?" on my donor page, it gives you this:

I chose this hospital specifically as I was a "Sick Kid" myself when I was little (I went to Sick Kids Hospital). The hospital itself and the charity around it are very important to me, so I dedicate a fair amount of time, effort, and money each year supporting their work.

In the unlikely case that something goes horrifically wrong with anything related to this auction, I will personally ensure that it goes 100% right. 

gamevaluenow
Developer

Oct 29 at 6:49:54 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Mega Tank (183)
< Master Higgins >
United States
16,500 pennies ($165) !