NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 13 of 13  

Forum » NA Auctions » Ended! Lock me! Nintendo World Champions...

LOCKED TOPIC

Ended! Lock me! Nintendo World Championship Trophy (Atlanta, 11 & under age group)

Ended! Lock me!

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 07:32:34 PM 
gwyndion (276)

(Cookie Monster)
< King Solomon >
California

You are bidding on the 1990 World Championship Trophy for the 11 and under catagory in Atlanta, Georgia.

This trophy was originally awarded to Jeremy Tomashek in 1990 at the Nintend World Championship in Atlanta.

If you pause this video at 1:00 you can see this trophy being held by Jeremy Tomashek at the Nintendo World Championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWK6llX8f_M

Auction Rules:

• Bidding will start at $1000 and additional bids will need to be at least $10 more than the previous one.
  • Shipping costs will be determined upon auction closing. PM for a quote.
  • Bidding will end Wednesday September 4th, 2013 @ 9:30pm NA time (The time at the top of the NA page, last bid in wins, a one minute gap will be enforced to avoid sniping. [you will have 60 seconds to outbid a previous bid] until bidding has stopped. Last bid in wins). Timestamps decide all outcomes.
  • PayPal is preferred form of payment.
  • Any EDITED posts are considered NULL & VOID
  • All bids must be public and posted in this thread (PM bidding will be ignored)
  • Payment to be made within two days of the end of the auction.

GOOD LUCK!

IMG_0214
IMG_0215
IMG_0216
IMG_0217
IMG_0218

-------------------------

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 09/04/2013 at 09:48 PM by gwyndion

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 07:38:23 PM 
th0rpe (29)

(JT )
< Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Cool item, good luck with the sale.

Selling:NES Box protectors
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 01:27:42 AM 
EoTN (9)

(Eskimo Of The Night)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Wow! that's awesome! Mind if I ask how you came to own this?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 02:13:04 AM 
Robin Mihara (82)

(Robin Mihara)
< Bowser >
Oregon
awesome piece man. Didn't know you worked something out with Jeremy.

www.ecstasyoforder.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 02:34:15 AM 
thankyouforfu (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
This is one of the best things I've ever seen.
Thank you, Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 02:47:40 AM 

nvs (16)

(Mike )
< Crack Trooper >
California
Great looking item. Good luck on the auction.
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old--Tom Stoppard

Looking to buy NES North and South cart--condition not important.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 09:17:56 AM 
mink03 (8)

(Dave )
< Little Mac >
New York
Originally posted by: EoTN

That's awesome. I'd love to know the backstory on this as well. Such a cool piece. 

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 09:59:56 AM 
bukeus (31)

(d butkus)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
for sure. little more back story might help me start off the bidding

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 07:57:23 PM 
gwyndion (276)

(Cookie Monster)
< King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: mink03

Originally posted by: EoTN

That's awesome. I'd love to know the backstory on this as well. Such a cool piece. 
Hey All,

sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out of state.

The backstory is that I was able to get in touch with the Atlanta champion Jeremy Tomashek and was able to work out a deal to buy his trophy and a few other items.  I've had this trophy for over a year and I was trying to get every last NWC item for quite some time but now I just want to consolidate my collection down a bit since I have tons of items.

I plan on selling most of my NWC items (some really rare unique stuff in there) except my grey cart and some select items I want to hold onto.

The backstory on this trophy is that the winner had it and held onto it for a couple decades.  Then when I worked out a deal with him I ended up buying his trophy.  These are estimated around $1.5-2k right now but since there aren't many sales it's hard to figure out a price point.  I bought the trophy directly from Jeremy and have held it in my collection ever since.  I'm not quite sure what else there is to say about this piece other than it's an awesome part of gaming history and every trophy is a unique item.

If any of you are interested or looking for specific rare NWC items just let me know.  Ultimately I'm looking at starting a family and I need to clear out some stuff.  I'm just holding onto my favorite games and most homebrew/repros for those that are curious.  I've also been playing more games as opposed to hanging around the forums on NA.  So yeah, I'm more a gamer at heart than a collector but I'm still a big collector.  I'll try to clean up the gaming room a bit and take some photos for you guys.  It's pretty bad ass I must say :-)

So I hope this trophy goes to a nice home where it will get a lot of love and care like it has gotten from me.  Let me know if any of you have any more questions.

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 08:13:17 PM 
UncleTusk (225)

(Wilfred Brimley)
< King Solomon >
California
What a cool item!
Custom printed short run boxes available NOW at http://uncletusk.com/...  
Anything you need a box for?  Ask a walrus!  info@uncletusk.com
Main Page Logo <----- only brave souls click the tusks.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 09:54:54 PM 
TheBiRD (30)

(Eric 007-373-5963)
< Meka Chicken >
Quebec
At 1:00 I love the Jeremy' LA Kings hat!
My most wanted : SNES - The Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. CIB and MinT

My SELLING Thread <------------------------------------------------------CLICK THERE 

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - 01:47:20 PM 
mink03 (8)

(Dave )
< Little Mac >
New York
Now I've got even more questions. Haha. When did you get in contact with him? How? Did you just start looking up champions on Facebook? So many questions haha. Still a cool valuable piece. Crazy to see even a picture of one

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 08:41:15 PM 
gwyndion (276)

(Cookie Monster)
< King Solomon >
California
Bump

©2014 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use