Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Extra Life 2017 Donate to request a game for me to broadcast!

Mar 07 at 12:20:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
(Douglas Glover) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

Hey all, each year I participate in Extra Life, a charity geared towards gamers, taking donations for childrens' hospitals. This year I'd like to share that with you all! 

Since I've joined up here I've had a blast playing Nintendo games and I want to carry that over to my charity work. 

I'm certainly not here to beg though, I don't have a little bell and I won't harass you on the street. What Extra Life is, and what I do each year, is I'll broadcast my gaming sessions live on Twitch, and hey, if you're having fun, maybe toss $5 or something towards the pot! I suppose instead of a bell I have a controller.  

Before I get into all the pertinent info, here's the link in case you want to read my page:

Extra Life

Donation = Game request!

Donate at the link above and you can request a game for me to play on the NES or SNES! Any game of your choice for any size donation, and I'll play for at least an hour!  

The following info is basically ripped straight from my donor page above, customized to make sense here on NA.

Firstly, what is this exactly? This is Extra Life; a charity for children's hospitals across the world, fueled by gamers. In a nutshell, I play games, you watch, you donate maybe? Hopefully? All proceeds are tax deductable, and go straight into funding childrens' hospitals, helping kids around the world. I personally am supporting Sick Kids, as they helped me out of some tough spots when I was growing up!

In years past I have done the 24 hour broadcast, and while it's been a lovely (exhausting!) time playing games (totally not falling asleep!), I think it's about time I changed things up over here, much like I am doing in my gaming life in general! While I won't 100% rule out doing a 24 hour broadcast (typically done in November or so), I will be focusing this year on MORE broadcasts than ever before, and hopefully garnering more attention throughout the year! Look forward to (almost) weekly broadcasts on Twitch this year, as well as the usual giveaways and raffles!

So what can you look forward to seeing? I've made a complete 180 on my gaming this year as some of you may know, and have swapped over from PS4/XBox One to Nintendo! I'm focusing on playing older games from the NES and SNES era, so look forward to plenty of that! I may also play some Wii and Wii U titles, since I skipped so many of those, but the easiest thing for me to broadcast will be the retro games, since I have those setup and ready to go! I especially love shmups (shoot-em-ups/bullet hells), so look forward to plenty of those!

While I won't be sticking to a "weekly" schedule where I'm online broadcasting each week (life be cray, yo) I will aim to broadcast at least a few times each month. 

If you want to know the absolute latest, and wish to follow me on Twitter, I will be Tweeting out whenever I broadcast, and will give a general idea of when I'll be playing next!

In previous years I've set a goal of up to $1000, and for the last two years I have reached that goal, dead on! Over the 5 years I've done Extra Life I've raised $2500 total (as of this writing)! This year I want to step it up a notch and aim a bit higher, so my goal this year will be $1200. If I can reach that, amazing; if I can surpass it, all the better!

While these will be pretty fluid, as usual there will be giveaways this year! I will likely have prizes available at certain donation thresholds, and if I can get my hands on some awesome item(s), I may hold another raffle! In previous years I raffled off some neat stuff, including a New Nintendo 3DS XL!

Once again, check my Twitter for the latest updates on prizing, though I will strive to keep this page updated as well!

Links:
Extra Life (Donation page)
Twitter

-------------------------
Extra Life 2017 | Donations: $200/1200

Next broadcast: Kabuki: Quantum Fighter! Thanks to Hogie1418 for the donation, broadcast next Saturday at 1pm EST!

Edited: 03/19/2017 at 09:07 PM by Gloves

Mar 07 at 12:22:25 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Reserved just in case.

Next broadcast: Kabuki: Quantum Fighter! Thanks to Hogie1418 for the donation, broadcast next Saturday at 1pm EST!

Mar 07 at 12:53:52 PM
mattbep (104)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Cool! Always enjoy watching people playing NES for charity. I'll give you a follow on Twitter later and hopefully my free time will match up with some of your broadcasts.

Mar 07 at 2:12:51 PM
ne$_pimp (54)
(Ted ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Gave you a follow, depending on when your even is I might be able to give you a host.

Mar 07 at 2:31:12 PM
NESking80 (8)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Do you take requests for games?

nes collection total: 112
latest additon(s): heavy barrel, and track and field 2
Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Edited: 03/07/2017 at 02:32 PM by NESking80

Mar 07 at 3:00:43 PM
Bert (40)
(the Mountain Wampus) < Bowser >
Ontario
Originally posted by: NESking80

Everything except Stealth ATF

Mar 07 at 3:08:05 PM
NESking80 (8)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Bert

Everything except Stealth ATF

dammit  !

Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Edited: 03/07/2017 at 03:08 PM by NESking80

Mar 07 at 3:10:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Haha yeah, I'll for sure take requests. Even Stealth ATF, which I have never played, and I am sure I will regret saying so.

Make a donation and request a game, and I'll play it for at least an hour live on Twitch. Size of donation doesn't matter.  

Mar 07 at 3:12:48 PM
NESking80 (8)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Gloves

Haha yeah, I'll for sure take requests. Even Stealth ATF, which I have never played, and I am sure I will regret saying so.

Make a donation and request a game, and I'll play it for at least an hour live on Twitch. Size of donation doesn't matter.  

I'll try to remember to request it as, I'll be busy with a summer job. Stealth atf is is like a very shitty version of top gun.

Edited: 03/07/2017 at 03:13 PM by NESking80

Mar 07 at 3:17:05 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario

I'll try to remember to request it as, I'll be busy with a summer job. Stealth atf is is like a very shitty version of top gun.

Top Gun: Another game I've not played (that I can recall).  

I'll probably find some time to broadcast tonight, actually, if anyone is interested in watching me play Life Force. Trying to get a decent score to put up in the weekly contest!

Mar 07 at 3:21:33 PM
NESking80 (8)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan

I'll probably find some time to broadcast tonight, actually, if anyone is interested in watching me play Life Force. Trying to get a decent score to put up in the weekly contest!

there should be a video of me playing somewhere in this thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 07 at 3:28:10 PM
Bert (40)
(the Mountain Wampus) < Bowser >
Ontario

Top Gun is actually pretty fun despite what the internet may tell you. The second one I didn't like.

Good luck with the charity  

Mar 07 at 6:54:11 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Thanks for the positive feedback guy, I appreciate it, and hope to see you at some of my broadcasts!

Speaking of, I'm going to go live playing Life Force on NES in the next 5 minutes or so!

EDIT: It's overrrr!

Edited: 03/07/2017 at 08:10 PM by Gloves

Mar 16 at 6:55:44 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Hey all, fyi I will be playing Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on PC tomorrow evening, hoping to rally up some donations for Extra Life. 

Starting RIGHT NOW, any donation to the cause will count as an entry into a drawing, for your own copy of the game! It just released today, and the winner will receive the game as a gift on your choice of either Steam, or GOG.com. 

The winner will be chosen at random (using random.org) from the list of donators on my page between now and the time of the draw. I will start playing tomorrow at 7pm (EST), and will stop after roughly 2 hours. The draw will be at the end of the broadcast.

To enter, simply make any size donation to my donor page (click the banner in the OP of this thread!), and put your NA username in the message field.

Looking forward to playing the game, and I hope to see some of you tomorrow on Twitch!  

Edited: 03/16/2017 at 10:09 PM by Gloves

Mar 17 at 6:32:42 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Hey all! 

In 30 minutes I will be going live, playing Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on PC! You can watch via the Twitch window in the OP of this thread, or join me over on Twitch if you want to chat while you watch!

All donations of any size between now and when I stop broadcasting will be entered into a draw to win a copy of the game on PC on your choice of either Steam or GOG.com (a $20 value)!

Any questions ahead of time, let me know in this thread! 

Edited: 03/18/2017 at 04:34 PM by Gloves

Mar 19 at 11:48:16 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
In just over an hour I'll be going live on Twitch, playing Rollergames for the NES!

Big thanks to captmorgaindrinker for the donation and game request!

If you'd like to request a game, make a donation and I'll play whatever you like on the NES!

Mar 19 at 1:00:31 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (18)
Ontario
Going live now! Join me on Twitch here:

[removed cuz two videos lol]

Edited: 03/19/2017 at 02:09 PM by Gloves

Mar 19 at 1:53:25 PM
ne$_pimp (54)
(Ted ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Watching now