Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Legacy of the Wizard Who here has completed Legacy of the Wizard for the NES ?Without cheating !

May 15 at 6:27:24 PM
Gamerboy (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
I remember playing Legacy of the Wizard for the NES at my uncle’s house as a child ,I only completed it as an adult in the late 90’s ..

May 15 at 7:04:47 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
My favorite head-trip game! Also love the soundtrack, but I'm ultra-biased about it lol. For the record, never beaten the game - don't know how one would! This game is like a labyrinth, but I love it a lot for some reason, esp as a weakling child.

May 15 at 10:35:13 PM
SUBSCRIBER
MuNKeY (150)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Never beat it straight out but got pretty far with 3 of the 4 crowns bet I had dozens of passwords written down for it.

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

May 16 at 6:54:32 AM
SoleGooseProductions (127)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Still trying to beat it 25 years later!

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

May 16 at 8:55:32 AM
SUBSCRIBER
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I "beat" the game by using a password that skipped me straight to the end of the game. That was back in the 90s. Someday I will beat the game on my own from the start.

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 128
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #129 - Dragon Warrior III
Latest Post - 5/17/19 - #119 - Boulder Dash
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

May 16 at 9:58:35 AM
stinkoman (15)
(Stinky Weezletits) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Love the game. But 20+ years later I still not sure what the hell i'm doing in it.

May 16 at 10:45:50 AM
Gamerboy (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
The dog's crown is the easiest to get .The man's /husband's crown is probably the hardest ,because you have to use his glove ๐Ÿงค to move all those blocks in a certain way in his part of the labyrinth..

May 16 at 9:52:42 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I've beat it a few times.
Made this guide: http://bit.ly/legacyofthewizard...

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 16 at 10:02:37 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
I beat it back in the day, though I think I used maps or a walkthrough from the Internet, or maybe I called the Nintendo tip line. I don't remember the details, this would have been...1995 or 1996, maybe? My notes don't list the exact year, I just know it was sometime between late 1994 and August 1996.

May 16 at 10:11:22 PM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
The game counselors said this game was their most dreaded call.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 17 at 8:10:54 AM
scaryice (114)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comm...

Just saw a guy on Reddit post his collection of stuff from this game, pretty neat.

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (72 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 18 at 3:43:05 PM
kguillemette (11)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Hampshire
Not even close. I played for hours back in the day and felt like I was getting nowhere. Then one day I looked up a walkthrough and found out I Did indeed go nowhere.

FT/FS list  โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list โ€‹http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 05/18/2019 at 03:43 PM by kguillemette

May 18 at 5:43:08 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
I'm racking my brain to try and remember how I beat this game -- as in, what resource I could possibly have used in 1995 or 1996 to help me. By that point I think the Nintendo tip line had gone 1-900, so it wouldn't have been them, and I didn't have Internet access at home.

Maybe I went to the library and downloaded a walkthrough or images of the stages? But if so, from where? I don't think we even had a computer at all until 1996 at the earliest. Was there a feature in Nintendo Power, or GamePro, or some other magazine at some point? Or did I honestly just figure it all out myself? Is my mental image of looking at screenshots even real, or something I constructed from my own comprehension of the stage layouts after repeated practice?

May 18 at 7:18:44 PM
Gamerboy (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Alabama
Legacy of the Wizard is definitely challenging..

May 19 at 2:18:56 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
I practiced and played over and over until I did a no-death run of this game last year. I did however use the pause-jump glitch in various places so it depends on whether or not you count that as "cheating"...

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

May 20 at 12:55:26 PM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

Was there a feature in Nintendo Power, or GamePro, or some other magazine at some point? Or did I honestly just figure it all out myself? Is my mental image of looking at screenshots even real, or something I constructed from my own comprehension of the stage layouts after repeated practice?
There was very little coverage of the game in Nintendo Power. One of the only real useful mentions they ever gave it was in Nintendo Power #28, where they included a (very crude) map to the crowns in the Counselor's Corner feature.

May 20 at 2:35:19 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Originally posted by: G-Type
There was very little coverage of the game in Nintendo Power. One of the only real useful mentions they ever gave it was in Nintendo Power #28, where they included a (very crude) map to the crowns in the Counselor's Corner feature.
Thanks, G-Type. I don't think I had or ever read #28, so either I saw a feature in another mag (doubtful) or I somehow managed to figure things out myself.

I do remember a feeling of satisfaction when I finally understood how everything fit together in the game -- or at least when I understood how certain inaccessible areas would ultimately become accessible (especially the final boss).

May 22 at 12:09:21 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Never played much of this game but have always been intrigued to try.