Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dark Souls Switch Praise The Sun!!

Nov 08 at 11:37:07 AM
D~Funk (75)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
Been Playing a bit of Dark Souls since it came out on Switch. Never played it before and really enjoying it so i figured i'd make a thread for it to not clutter up the Switch collection thread. 

Little copy and paste of where im currently at: Rang the second bell, beat through Sen's Fortress and took out the Iron Golem. Got to Anor Londo and did a bunch of grinding in the first area there with the big knights. Haven't explored too far into it yet tho. Ended up going back to try an take out some of the dudes i skipped. Took out the Sword Wolf and the big multi headed serpent down in the lake by Darkroot Garden. Tried to go through the Valley of the Drakes again but the little blue dragons were still a little tough there so then i went back to the Catacombs past the graveyard at the beginning which is where im at now. That place is a Bitch! Thought it was a breeze at first till i got a little deeper. Between the skeletons that respawn, the spike wheel skeletons and the dark area with all the massive skeletons, the place caused me a lot of frustration last night. Pretty much made it through i think but got late last night playing so gonna try and finish that area tonight.

So have you been playing this? Have you played before? Thoughts on the series? I had played Demon Souls and Bloodborne before this so i sorta knew what i was getting into. Still been pretty tough but i guess not as hard as i thought it would be. 

I think i read you can do Multiplayer with up to 6 people in the remaster so if anyone is playing and wants to try and get down let me know! Will post my Switch code below and we could do voice chat in the NA Discord. Currently at level 76 so i think i could only play online with people level 50 or higher, think thats how it works. and you need to beat the 2nd boss and get the white soapstone after to be able to play online.

D~Funk: SW-8246-3658-5885

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 11/08/2018 at 11:43 AM by D~Funk

Nov 08 at 11:44:15 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
One thing to point out if someone is unaware, you have to be human to summon players to your game. Hollowed players can join games, though. And I think we established bosses killed in someone else's game do not apply to your own. So it's solely to help out and gain experience. Just a little forewarning. If I'm incorrect about that hopefully a more experienced player can chime in and correct me.

That being said, I'm not opposed to just helping people out. Don't currently feel like unhollowing. I don't even remember how.   I'm usually able to play between like 7-10pm Pacific time.

Edited: 11/08/2018 at 11:44 AM by Loxx O)))

Nov 08 at 11:54:22 AM
< El Ripper >
Already have a thread for it  
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 08 at 11:54:59 AM
D~Funk (75)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

One thing to point out if someone is unaware, you have to be human to summon players to your game. Hollowed players can join games, though. And I think we established bosses killed in someone else's game do not apply to your own. So it's solely to help out and gain experience. Just a little forewarning. If I'm incorrect about that hopefully a more experienced player can chime in and correct me.

That being said, I'm not opposed to just helping people out. Don't currently feel like unhollowing. I don't even remember how.   I'm usually able to play between like 7-10pm Pacific time.
Thanks for pointing that out. Pretty sure thats how it works. Was how it was for Bloodborne anyway if i remember right. To unhollow you just need to get some humanity points (Numbers in the top left corner can be obtained by killing a bunch of enemies, taking out bosses or by using the little black humanity consumable items) and go to a bonfire and hit Restore Humanity or whatever at the bottom of the list. It uses 1 humanity point to do so then you can also rekindle the fire once your human using another humanity point to get an additional 5 estus flasks which is nice. I think i just got an item to bump it up to 15 estus flasks but i haven't tried it out yet.

Nov 08 at 11:55:34 AM
D~Funk (75)
Oregon
Originally posted by: avatar!

Already have a thread for it  
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&thr...

Well Shoot!  

Nov 08 at 12:03:16 PM
Brock Landers (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Beat it years ago, playing it for the first time since. Rang one bell, and know I have access to the hydra and whatever it was thats in the giant sewers room. Avoiding summoning anyone so I don't nerf the challenge. Got invaded once but laid a pretty good ambush and the coward actually left

Writing about every SNES game - Volume V
SNES Set - 710/723 (Ninja Gaiden Trilogy)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Nov 08 at 12:04:35 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
I believe it's a dragon in the sewer. Unless you mean the big rat? Man... it's been a while since I've seen any of that.

Nov 08 at 12:45:34 PM
Brock Landers (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
No I killed the rat. I don't remember what it is, just something really big.

I honestly don't even know which direction the bell is, which I like. Keeps me guessing. Killed the butterfly but otherwise haven't progressed through the gardens, barely touched blighttown, and haven't touched valley of the drakes

I never did the DLC either, so that will be new to me

Nov 08 at 12:47:34 PM
D~Funk (75)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I honestly don't even know which direction the bell is, which I like. Keeps me guessing. Killed the butterfly but otherwise haven't progressed through the gardens, barely touched blighttown, and haven't touched valley of the drakes

Whats the dlc?

Nov 08 at 1:03:20 PM
SUBSCRIBER
MuNKeY (132)
(Sexy Pataytas ) < Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Whats the dlc?

Artorias of the Abyss if I am not mistaken. 

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

"POTATO"

Nov 08 at 11:36:08 PM
Brock Landers (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
*kid starts crying*

Me - Waaaa... no, one hit left on this boss
Wife - Are you gonna go get him?
Me - Just, one second. One second.
Wife - Pause it
Me - I can't
Wife - Then let me hold it
Me - That won't help!
Wife - Uh huh, sure

Nov 09 at 2:07:36 AM
D~Funk (75)
Oregon
Haha! XD Had a few moments like that myself. Took out the Ceaseless Discharge tonight and now makin my way deeper into Anor Londo. Got to Ornstein and Smough...God Damn! Gonna have to try again tomorrow..

Edited: 11/09/2018 at 02:14 AM by D~Funk

Nov 09 at 9:16:11 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Yeah, my wife was talking to me one day from the bedroom. I was using the pro controller so I stood in what I thought was a safe spot and just held my shield up while I talked to her. It was indeed a safe spot. But man, that is a huge gripe about Dark Souls. I get it when you're always online but what about people that just want to play offline? Let us pause, damn.