Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Alien 3 is such an underrated game.

Aug 08 at 10:13:04 AM
Leanoric (0)
< Cherub >
England
I played this earlier in the year for the first time and absolutely loved it, a very underrated game imo.

The megadrive/genesis game seems to be the more popular version from what ive seen online so i got a copy of it to see if is better than the snes game.

The snes version is better imo, im not a massive fan of the time limits in the sega game, its still a decent game and maybe im being slightly biased being a nintendo fan but i enjoyed that version more.

Aug 08 at 10:22:08 AM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Maybe, but the movie is awful  

-------------------------
Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
"Remove the Rumble Pak" (tm)

MY BEST BUY GCU (20% OFF) EXPIRES 12/6
Send PM if you want to use it.

Aug 08 at 10:25:00 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Yeah, the time limit in the Sega and the NES versions both suck horse nuts. There is barely enough time to rescue everyone and get to the exit even if you know exactly where to go.

Never played the SNES version.

Aug 08 at 10:26:00 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

Better than the fourth one, though that's not saying much.

Aug 08 at 11:03:02 AM
Leanoric (0)
< Cherub >
England
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Yeah, the time limit in the Sega and the NES versions both suck horse nuts. There is barely enough time to rescue everyone and get to the exit even if you know exactly where to go.

Never played the SNES version.

Ive had to draw a map up for each level, makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Try the snes version, great game, although you do need to draw up some maps for parts of it.

Aug 08 at 12:24:09 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Ill have to try it out. As far as the movie, I got copies of the first 3 on laserdisc last week so I plan on watching back thru them before I judge.

Aug 08 at 12:26:16 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Alien 3 is a decent game as well as a good movie, the darkest of the series 100%

How ya friggen doin there bud?

Aug 08 at 12:34:24 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: Silverspoon

Ill have to try it out. As far as the movie, I got copies of the first 3 on laserdisc last week so I plan on watching back thru them before I judge.
As someone who has watched them back to back, be aware Alien 3 drags a bit after watching Aliens.

Aug 08 at 12:45:55 PM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

As someone who has watched them back to back, be aware Alien 3 drags a bit after watching Aliens.

Understatement.

Aug 08 at 12:48:56 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I dont know if Ive ever seen Aliens the whole way thru so Im starting from the first and running thru all 3 of them. Hopefully 3 will be decent enough for me to not wish I didnt waste 2 hours on it.

Aug 08 at 12:59:12 PM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

I dont know if Ive ever seen Aliens the whole way thru so Im starting from the first and running thru all 3 of them. Hopefully 3 will be decent enough for me to not wish I didnt waste 2 hours on it.

The first 2 are some of my favorite films of all time. I was enraged within one minute of starting the third film. It's a complete disaster and it just keeps getting worse as the film progresses.

Make sure to catch the Director's Cut for the first two films. There's some more good stuff to see.

Edited: 08/08/2018 at 01:00 PM by Ichinisan

Aug 08 at 1:06:48 PM
KrakenSoup (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I liked the movie...

Aug 08 at 1:07:26 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
2 is honestly the odd ball in the series and a lot of people don't see that because it's so good.

It's not even in the same genre of films as the rest of the movies.

3 is more close to the first film by miles.

Aug 08 at 1:38:35 PM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
I haven't played the Super Nintendo or Genesis version of this game yet, but maybe I'll give the Super Nintendo one a spin later tonight.

Aug 08 at 1:45:23 PM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: TheToxieRules

2 is honestly the odd ball in the series and a lot of people don't see that because it's so good.

No. In part 3, xenomorphs eat people now. They do not eat people in parts 1 and 2 (the director's cut of part 1 makes this clear). They grow by some unknown process.

The third movie doesn't even begin to make sense from the opening scene. It's like they just didn't give a shit. Literally the first frame of the first shot. I can't say more about the opening without "spoiling" that turd of a movie.

Later, it's completely off the rails. Guy sees the alien creature kill someone and is terrified / hysterical. The other guys haven't seen the creature and believe he's insane or they think he killed the other guy. They lock him up.

Once it's obvious that there actually is a creature killing people, they capture it or something. They still don't release the guy for some reason. Why? "He might let the creature go." Really?! Where is this concern coming from? Why is he more likely to release the creature than anyone else?

Then he escapes and releases the creature because the "plot" needs him to or something.
Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuu---------!!!!!!!

Edited: 08/08/2018 at 01:46 PM by Ichinisan

Aug 08 at 1:47:18 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

No. In part 3, xenomorphs eat people now. They do not eat people in parts 1 and 2 (the director's cut of part 1 makes this clear). They grow by some unknown process.

The third movie doesn't even begin to make sense from the opening scene. It's like they just didn't give a shit. Literally the first frame of the first shot. I can't say more about the opening without "spoiling" that turd of a movie.

Later, it's completely off the rails. Guy sees the alien creature kill someone and is terrified / hysterical. The other guys haven't seen the creature and believe he's insane or they think he killed the other guy. They lock him up.

Once it's obvious that there actually is a creature killing people, they capture it or something. They still don't release the guy for some reason. Why? "He might let the creature go." Really?! Where is this concern coming from? Why is he more likely to release the creature than anyone else?

Then he escapes and releases the creature because the "plot" needs him to or something.

Don't analyze it so much, it's a horror movie...You watch it to see people die and see monsters with blood and violence.

Not everything needs to be "vulcanized"

If I tried to apply logic or any kind of continuity to horror movies I'd hate em, but I don't and it's my favourite genre because it is just pure fun without all the bullshit.

Edited: 08/08/2018 at 01:48 PM by TheToxieRules

Aug 08 at 1:48:37 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
Well, see, all this gets explained in Prometheus...

Aug 08 at 1:55:08 PM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia

Don't analyze it so much, it's a horror movie...You watch it to see people die and see monsters with blood and violence.

Not everything needs to be "vulcanized"

If I tried to apply logic or any kind of continuity to horror movies I'd hate em, but I don't and it's my favourite genre because it is just pure fun without all the bullshit.

If it was just a sloppy unrelated horror movie that didn't ruin a beloved near-perfect sci-fi franchise, I'd agree.

Edited: 08/08/2018 at 02:06 PM by Ichinisan

Aug 08 at 1:56:22 PM
Ichinisan (24)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

Well, see, all this gets explained in Prometheus...

LOL!  

Edited: 08/08/2018 at 01:59 PM by Ichinisan

Aug 08 at 1:57:23 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Didn't ruin anything, the first 2 movies are just as classic as they always were and always will be.

They can't all be hits.

Aug 08 at 2:10:35 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
The series ended with Aliens, everything after that is basically junk. It's the same deal with Terminator, first 2 movies are classics and everything after that just gets worse and worse.

Aug 08 at 10:23:00 PM
zombi (42)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Alien 3, the movie, is very underrated. I used to be on the "this movie is crap because it isn't Aliens" bandwagon, but if you go back and watch it again is really is quite good, especially the Assembly Cut. I grew up watching Aliens and Alien 3 and I the former is my all-time favorite movie.  

I actually played and beat Alien 3 on the NES and SNES earlier in the year. Having played both games as a kid and never getting very far, I felt the near to tough it out through each. They were both just ok in my opinion. I do like their soundtracks though.

Now if only the Genesis version had a damn map somewhere online, I'd get through that one as well...

Aug 09 at 12:53:21 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I like it better than the second one. Im probably the only person. Not saying that much though because i like the first one but dislike 2 and 3. 

NES  639 (330 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158/163(incl. Starfox Guard & Bayonetta 1)
SNES 308
N64  167
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 09 at 5:34:20 AM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States
SNES version definitely a shining example of one of the better movie tie in games from that era. Alien 3 and True Lies. I personally give both games a solid 8/10 score.

RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

Edited: 08/09/2018 at 05:35 AM by Steve

Aug 09 at 10:24:57 AM
SilvertongueBullet (5)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Now you maniacs have done it!!!!!!! Let the the alien quadrilogy begin!!!!