Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

People who play games from all generations, how do you divide your gaming time?

Oct 06 at 11:06:28 AM
Quaze (97)
(Jordan C.) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Right now my gaming is 100% handheld, divided between the DS/3DS and the Switch. Probably 60/40 in favour of the Switch.

-------------------------
My eBay feedback

Oct 06 at 11:20:07 AM
Loxx O))) (11)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
For me it's based on a few things. Amount of time available to play, what my daughter wants to see, or maybe what I feel like in the moment. Sometimes the PS4 will be on (my wife and daughter use it for streaming services) and it's my turn to do something... and I just decide to play Super Meat Boy since it's a few clicks away even when I planned on playing my retropie. Or maybe my daughter says 'I want to play the dragon game' when I want to play something else... so I end up booting up Sir Lancelot on Atari. It's not really intentional... it's more just what set of circumstances align to allow me to do something.

I will say Switch is convenient when I get a new game because I can sit on the couch and play regardless of what my wife and daughter are doing with the tv.

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 11:21 AM by Loxx O)))

Oct 06 at 11:58:57 AM
Boosted52405 (460)
(Eric Bizzle) < King Solomon >
Iowa
I'm terrible, insanely addicted to Rocket League on PS4. Every time I want to play something else, the burning itch to murder some fools on RL takes over.

However, for retro gaming, I've found I always want to go back and play series, or select games from series I haven't beaten. For example, with Odyssey coming out soon, I want to go back and finally finish Sunshine, and also need to clear the 2 Galaxies. After that, likely the Xenoblade games for the Dec release for the Switch and eventually I owe it to myself to replay all the Resident Evils. I'm weird!

Oct 06 at 12:31:06 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
For the last 3 or so years:

When I'm in bed with the wife, or out of town, or in the bathroom, etc. - 3DS
When I have some free time at night or on the weekends when the kids are napping or in bed - SNES or NES contest game if need be

Nothing else has been hooked up for a couple years. I do plan on returning to the modern scene with a PS4 in the next year or so though

Oct 06 at 1:39:40 PM
SUBSCRIBER
ALTQQ (65)
(Sean W) < Kraid Killer >
British Columbia
Usually snes or 3ds. I only play like 10hours a month worth of nintendo tapes