Mobile Gaming is Garbage!!

Oct 04 at 7:05:33 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: D~Funk

Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

So, no Final Fantasy Brave Exvius players?

Thats not a real game!   pretty sure u just made it up!
My Orlandu and Onion Knight say otherwise.

.... kind of sounds dirty when I say that outloud....

Oct 04 at 9:48:41 PM
SoleGooseProductions (120)
(Beau ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
I remember how excited I was to get a Razor phone and be able to download Mega Man 2... and then I played it with the number pad (tried anyways   ).

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 04 at 11:39:32 PM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopa Troopa) < Meka Chicken >
Canada
my idea of gaming on my iphone is scummvm. those games adapt really well to a touch screen.

anything else? no. sometimes i play ocarina of time, the touch controls alone are enough to make it a true hero's challenge.

Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Oct 06 at 12:26:21 AM
Quaze (92)
(Jordan C.) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
2 words: Warward fuckin' Souls

My eBay feedback

Oct 06 at 12:36:19 AM
D~Funk (71)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Quaze

NoodleCake!!  

Tap To Expand

Oct 06 at 1:28:55 AM
GsoFly (7)
(Greg ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Super Mario run was great. Was. I need new levels...

You're in luck as new levels and game mode was just released  

Oct 06 at 8:03:34 AM
Quaze (92)
British Columbia
Originally posted by: D~Funk

NoodleCake!!  

Game is developed by Rocketcat, one of my favourite devs. Ported to Android and published by Noodlecake. I generally hate mobile gaming for all the reasons detailed in this thread, and this game still cracks my all-time top 5 games ever. It's got sort of a 16-bit Binding of Isaac (with the difficulty cranked up to 11) feel to the gameplay with a Secret of Mana aesthetic. And even though it's 100% playable and comfortable using just the touchscreen, you can use a bluetooth controller with it as well. Love that damn game.

My eBay feedback

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 10:20 AM by Quaze

Oct 06 at 8:59:39 AM
SilvertongueBullet (4)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
No, no, no and NO!

Oct 06 at 9:57:07 AM
KrakenSoup (40)
(Mike P) < Bowser >
New York
Most mobile games are there to be time wasters, and literally that's all they do, they waste time. It's fine if you're in a waiting room and all you have is your phone, but there is no substance in the vast majority of the games. That said, even if the games were actually good I absolutely hate playing anything only using a touch screen.

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 09:57 AM by KrakenSoup

Oct 06 at 10:37:23 AM
Estil (9)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Well my wife happens to have one of those tablets (I forget what kind; it's a few years old but it does the job I suppose) and just this once I did turn to the dark/bush league side...the Simon's Cat game  

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Oct 06 at 3:18:40 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Most mobile games are there to be time wasters, and literally that's all they do, they waste time. It's fine if you're in a waiting room and all you have is your phone, but there is no substance in the vast majority of the games. That said, even if the games were actually good I absolutely hate playing anything only using a touch screen.

What about some DS\3DS games?  Puzzle Quest was awesome, and it was pretty much all touch.

Also, you might want to look at something like FFBE:

It controls real well with touch screen.  But I will admin I wish there was joystick support, and wide screen so I could play it on TV. 

Oct 06 at 3:28:27 PM
SUBSCRIBER
rokubungi (159)
(The Guardian) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
all I play on my phone are ports of hobby board games. mostly Race for the Galaxy and Castles of mad king Ludwig.
board games are well suited for touch screen controls and most of the good ones have no server contact unless you are playing against other people online.

Oct 06 at 4:06:59 PM
D~Funk (71)
(David Qualls) < Bowser >
Oregon
@Ozzy Been pretty hooked on Puzzle Quest lately!   Still wouldn't want to play that crap on a phone! Its different when its a DS! Its a dedicated gaming system and Nintendo and and SO Much Betterer!

Tap To Expand

Oct 06 at 4:50:34 PM
KrakenSoup (40)
(Mike P) < Bowser >
New York

What about some DS\3DS games?  Puzzle Quest was awesome, and it was pretty much all touch.

It controls real well with touch screen.  But I will admin I wish there was joystick support, and wide screen so I could play it on TV. 
Have not played Puzzle Quest but I mean certain games are better/easier with touch screen controls. But for the majority of them I need actual buttons. My enjoyment for the two DS Zeldas was really hindered because of touch screen controls. That FF game looks decent but again the touch screen only thing just really bugs me. Same goes for motion controls. They both work in certain cases but 95% of the time I need a traditional button layout or I won't enjoy it.

Oct 06 at 5:05:35 PM
Quaze (92)
British Columbia
I just spent 4 minutes trying (unsuccessfully) to determine what Ozzy's avatar is.

My eBay feedback

Oct 06 at 5:08:16 PM
barrelsAndRivets (131)
< Bowser >
California

I just spent 4 minutes trying (unsuccessfully) to determine what Ozzy's avatar is.

It looks like a custom MAME emulator menu system to me... that's what I always assumed it is.

Edited: 10/06/2017 at 05:08 PM by barrelsAndRivets

Oct 06 at 5:19:08 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

Have not played Puzzle Quest but I mean certain games are better/easier with touch screen controls. But for the majority of them I need actual buttons. My enjoyment for the two DS Zeldas was really hindered because of touch screen controls. That FF game looks decent but again the touch screen only thing just really bugs me. Same goes for motion controls. They both work in certain cases but 95% of the time I need a traditional button layout or I won't enjoy it.

Oh FUCK thoese DS zeldas.  Thoese things were so bad they pissed me off.  I dislike touch screen controls shoe-horned in.  

Oct 06 at 5:35:00 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

It looks like a custom MAME emulator menu system to me... that's what I always assumed it is.

Yep, it's on my "bartop" running MameWAH for the frontend.  I built it in the early 2000s, before it was as common as they are now, but after actual dedicated encoders were out so I didnt need to hack up keyboards.  I redid all the electronics when SFIV came out, and gone through 3 diffrent sets of artwork. 

I did the artwork for mamewah by taking a photo of the side panel, it worked better cause the shading looked neat that way. 

It makes me sad to see so many damned hyperspin arcade machines that all look the same. And so many people missing such easy mods to their system (Like usb ports), just using premade stuff with no creativity in there.  Not that I'm bitter or anything, noes not me.  

Oct 08 at 1:35:04 PM
0xero0 (218)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Stranger things the game is a good time

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Oct 08 at 6:53:40 PM
retroupgrade (3)
< Meka Chicken >
I strongly disagree. Monument Valley, Plants vs Zombies, Threes, and "The Room" are great games that play best on mobile.

Oct 08 at 8:14:07 PM
Estil (9)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Oh FUCK thoese DS zeldas.  Thoese things were so bad they pissed me off.  I dislike touch screen controls shoe-horned in.  
You know I was a bit skeptical of those touch screen stylus controls myself.  And for the record you got the DS Zeldas mixed up with the Wii version of Twilight Princess, where the Wii controls WERE shoe-horned in onto a game that was really meant for the GC (see my old topic about that).  The DS Zeldas were made from the ground-up for touch screen stylus controls and I loved how you can draw bommerang paths and mark where you found treasures and such (for example if I find a giant or red rupee I label it 20/100/200/300 or where I found each P/W/C gem.  I honestly thought the touch screen/note taking was quite handy!

The thing is though I don't like the idea of taking my GBA or DS with me on the go because I'm afraid I'll wreck it or misplace my game/save or something...yeah I know I shouldn't be like that...

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Oct 08 at 8:45:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
rokubungi (159)
(The Guardian) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
I stopped in one of the DS Zeldas when I had to blow into the microphone to progress. it was like some sort of strange conversation

DS:Blow me to see what happens next!
me: No! we're in public

alright that's as far as I thought about it and that's as far as I got in the game.. I think it was phantom hourglass

Oct 08 at 9:31:28 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Estil
 And for the record you got the DS Zeldas mixed up with the Wii version of Twilight Princess, where the Wii controls WERE shoe-horned in onto a game that was really meant for the GC (see my old topic about that).  The DS Zeldas were made from the ground-up for touch screen stylus controls

Hello, I'm Ozzy, perhaps you remember me?  I'm the guy who generally makes pretty large posts and does his research before posting.   (Or I make penis jokes, one of the two)  I did not get twilight princess confused here with the ds zelda bs    

They took a game formula that works great with control pads, and tried to find a way to force touch screen crud on it for their new handheld. 

Oct 09 at 2:00:56 AM
Estil (9)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Are you really Ozzy in real life, or do you just play Ozzy on TV? Sorry I couldn't resist.  

Collection:
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  

Oct 09 at 5:28:17 AM
kamakaze_ekun (4)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
This is how you play a game on your mobile device or tablet.

I am like a huge melting pot of friendship!!!