Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Guitar Hero/Rock Band players thread share tips, info, news, gamer tags to play, etc

Jul 17 at 3:11:23 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Since a lot of the music genre is pretty much dead, and RB4 is on life support (IMO, fanboys on the Harmonix forums are blind and think the game will improve over the years), anyone who are still actively playing these games may have a hard time getting to play online.

I figured we could start a list of people who still play and are looking to play with someone online, or just chat in general about it (tips, news, favorite song in the series/version, etc).

Anywho, I play on Xbox, so if anyone wants to jam out on our plastic instruments, I can play (expert) drums, bass, guitar, and on Rock Band 4, I can do bass and guitar on Brutal. Add me if you'd like: elusiveshame

Aside from that, what's your favorite game in the genre? Mine is Rock Band 3. It had such a killer DLC library between the Harmonix Music Shop and the Rock Band Network. While the online wasn't perfect, it offered an easy to use match making system and within a few minutes you'd be rocking with a full band. Guitar Hero's online was kind of meh.

In terms of the on disc songs, there was a lot of bleed over between both franchises (and all versions - seriously, I'm so sick of Free Bird), but over all each version had a decent, at worst, core set of songs, while the majority of games in the series had a lot of great tunes. I think World Tour had the worst setlist out of them all, but it had the best stock drum kit.

Online Accounts:

XBox:
dra600n: elusiveshame
Brock Landers: xMeshuggah

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Edited: 07/17/2017 at 03:22 PM by dra600n

Jul 17 at 3:14:24 PM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
I had a pretty good RB3 library on 360, and could do nearly anything on guitar, but I haven't played in years, don't have a gold account, and don't see that changing anytime soon. Maybe someday

Account is xMeshuggah if you want to add me, I'll try to accept it within the next year or three

SNES Set - 671/723 (Super James Pond)

Edited: 07/17/2017 at 03:15 PM by Brock Landers

Jul 17 at 3:21:11 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

I had a pretty good RB3 library on 360, and could do nearly anything on guitar, but I haven't played in years, don't have a gold account, and don't see that changing anytime soon. Maybe someday

Account is xMeshuggah if you want to add me, I'll try to accept it within the next year or three

I'm about to paypal you a gold payment so we can play  

Jul 17 at 3:29:30 PM
Bert (52)
(THRILLHO ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I haven't played in a while. The last Guitar Hero (don't even remember the damn name) didn't hold my interest for very long. 2 and 3 are the best imo. I was once able to get 5 stars on ttfaf on expert, and I would always get the achievement for friends on 360   from guitar hero 2 I liked the Buckethead song, don't think I've gotten more than 4 stars on it though

Jul 17 at 3:31:36 PM
Loxx O))) (10)
(Fat Man Kraid) < King Solomon >
Washington
I think it's interesting that the Buckethead song (Jordan) had never been recorded prior to the release of that game.

Jul 17 at 3:37:53 PM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana
Originally posted by: dra600n

No time.  When I get home approximately 99% of my time up until 10pm is dealing with kids, and then from about 10:30-12 I have to either play the weekly contest game, try to beat SNES games, try to get stuff on ebay, clean games, catch up on Werewolf, etc.  All done very quietly.

Jul 17 at 4:21:38 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

No time.  When I get home approximately 99% of my time up until 10pm is dealing with kids, and then from about 10:30-12 I have to either play the weekly contest game, try to beat SNES games, try to get stuff on ebay, clean games, catch up on Werewolf, etc.  All done very quietly.

I do not envy you, sir  

Jul 17 at 7:49:08 PM
SUBSCRIBER
TheToxieRules (69)
(Cyrus ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
I have Rockband 4 and all the instruments Adam on xbox 360.

I will see if I can get something going one day.

Safety "always" off.

Jul 17 at 8:59:56 PM
DefaultGen (21)
(Tyler Wilkin) < El Ripper >
United States
I still play RB3 on PS3 with friends but unfortunately you can't stay signed into PSN while running the game because it will crash and it happens all the time to me (even single player). Because the bug was never fixed, I didn't want to risk buying another broken Rock Band game. I did screw around with Phase Shift for a while, which is a neat Rock Band clone for PC.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 

Jul 17 at 10:49:33 PM
guitarzombie (26)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Heres a tip, dont play my bands' song on there. "Its too hard".

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

**European NA'e'rs** - Looking for Rodland, Dropzone,and Phantom Air Mission for Gameboy loose!

Jul 17 at 11:13:00 PM
Adorabear (0)
(Kimi ) < Tourian Tourist >
British Columbia
My husband and I still play Guitar Hero and Rock Band on the 360 with some regularity. We have Rock Band 4 but still haven't played that one at all lol. Gamertag is Adorabear is you want to add me to the list.

Favourite game out of all of them would probably be Rock Band 2 since I spent the most time with that one.  

Jul 18 at 2:40:59 PM
RetroMichel (27)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
My account on Xbox is "NALO Games". You can add me to that list.  

Jul 18 at 2:47:32 PM
ZBomber (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
I used to really enjoy the games back when GH2/3 were the current games. I had Beatles Rock Band on the Wii, but that was pretty much it after 3. I was never very good at the games. I think I beat 3 on hard difficulty but could never get the expert mode down aside from a handful of songs.

My brother-in-law has the newest Rock Band so it's fun to play whenever I'm over there... except our musical tastes aren't all that aligned so I usually have to suffer through Jimmy Buffet just to play what I want to play.  

I did order Guitar Hero Live last year and it was the only game I've ever returned, a day after trying it. I hate the guitar itself, I hate that you had to tune into a station and couldn't choose your own songs. Everything about that game was just bad.

Jul 18 at 2:48:17 PM
dra600n (287)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

Heres a tip, dont play my bands' song on there. "Its too hard".

Visions?

Jul 18 at 6:42:19 PM
guitarzombie (26)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Nope, its probably harder than that haha. If you want to keep guessing just PM me

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

**European NA'e'rs** - Looking for Rodland, Dropzone,and Phantom Air Mission for Gameboy loose!

Jul 19 at 3:48:29 AM
Estil (9)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky

That's very kind of you!  I just hope you don't end up regretting it if he whups your butt too many times!  hee hee

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Jul 19 at 11:40:55 AM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

Nope, its probably harder than that haha. If you want to keep guessing just PM me
I'm also curious.  I use to keep up on the metal DLC, but that was years ago and don't remember anything.  Making an assumption here based on "guitar" and "hard"

Jul 19 at 6:19:53 PM
guitarzombie (26)
< Kraid Killer >
New York

I'm also curious.  I use to keep up on the metal DLC, but that was years ago and don't remember anything.  Making an assumption here based on "guitar" and "hard"

Its pretty infamous I think.  Took a while for them to FC it and I only think like 2 or 3 people have done it.  I like watching vids on it from time to time.

BTW since you're a fellow Meshuggah fan, and you beat a shit ton of NES games, you're my buddy.

Edited: 07/19/2017 at 06:21 PM by guitarzombie

Jul 19 at 6:20:29 PM
guitarzombie (26)
< Kraid Killer >
New York

Edited: 07/19/2017 at 06:21 PM by guitarzombie

Jul 19 at 6:30:27 PM
Brock Landers (42)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

Its pretty infamous I think.  Took a while for them to FC it and I only think like 2 or 3 people have done it.  I like watching vids on it from time to time.

BTW since you're a fellow Meshuggah fan, and you beat a shit ton of NES games, you're my buddy.

Hmm, yeah, I don't even know how I'd research it.  Looks like RBN has at least 2,143 songs...

Jul 19 at 6:32:41 PM
guitarzombie (26)
< Kraid Killer >
New York
Oh... well theres A SLIGHT chance you'll find it.

Jul 20 at 12:55:17 PM
fusoyaff2 (42)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Harmonix forever lost me as a paying customer when they decided to drop keyboard support with RB4.

It's all for the best though, because keyboard support lives on with Phase Shift for PC and the songs from C3. I have over 3000 songs for this game, many from bands who never made a Rock Band or Guitar Hero appearance!

Jul 21 at 8:03:35 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube King) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Someone I know got rock band for his birthday. No one wanted to sing so I tried my best. I say that as I knew none of the songs. Played for hours. Had fun etc.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here