Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Shoot-em-ups Leaderboard & Discussion Game of the Month: Sine Mora EX! (PS3, Vita, PS4, Switch, PC)

Sep 28 at 1:27:45 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
(Douglas Glover) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Bump!

Just wanted to remind you all that whoever is top of Life Force at the end of the month will get a free copy of next month's Game of the Month for PC on Steam or GOG.com (your choice).

With that being the case, I'll let you all in on what next month's game is, since they've released it (finally) on Switch!

Sine Mora (EX) will be next month's game! The original game is on PS3, Xbox 360, and PS Vita, and the EX version is on PC, PS4, and Switch! It's a great shmup with some fun time-themed mechanics. I highly suggest picking it up and giving it a go!

I've played Sine Mora on Xbox, PS3, Vita, PS4, and PC, and can confirm that the game is the same across the board for scoring, with a few extra modes on various platforms, so whatever you choose to play on, you're good to go!

-------------------------

NEW! Price out your collection at gamevaluenow.com
Developer

Next broadcast: TBD! Donate to request a game! Every dollar goes to Childrens' Hospitals in support of Sick Kids!

Sep 30 at 11:22:13 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
...Fantasy Zone? It's non linear, but it's still scrolling?

Also, I would assume the answer is no... but... are the NES Advantage and Turbo allowed?

If turbo's not allowed (which I would understand) are we still allowed to use the NES Advantage?

I'm sure these answers are somewhere here, but I'm lazy. Help a brotha out!

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Oct 01 at 12:58:17 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Also, I would assume the answer is no... but... are the NES Advantage and Turbo allowed?

If turbo's not allowed (which I would understand) are we still allowed to use the NES Advantage?

Fantasy Zone would count, yes.

As for the Advantage, I'd give it a pass.

And as for Turbo, I may get some flak for it, but I think I'd allow it. Consider that the NES Advantage was an official Nintendo licensed product. Unless people are super against allowing it (really, how am I gonna stop you either way?), I'd say it's fair game. If I could use it when I was 10 with the big N's blessing why should I stop you using it today?

Developer

Next broadcast: TBD! Donate to request a game! Every dollar goes to Childrens' Hospitals in support of Sick Kids!

Oct 01 at 7:40:21 AM
SUBSCRIBER
MuNKeY (112)
(Keeper of the Cheese ) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Gloves

Fantasy Zone would count, yes.

As for the Advantage, I'd give it a pass.

And as for Turbo, I may get some flak for it, but I think I'd allow it. Consider that the NES Advantage was an official Nintendo licensed product. Unless people are super against allowing it (really, how am I gonna stop you either way?), I'd say it's fair game. If I could use it when I was 10 with the big N's blessing why should I stop you using it today?

I agree I see no problem using an NES Advantage or any controller that has turbo for NES shooters as some are hard enough without having to keep pushing the fire button, hell my poor thumbs are REKT over the years so autofire is a godsend.  

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Oct 02 at 3:21:22 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Scores have been updated, and we have a winner for the September contest!

bimmy_lee was the only senpai who noticed, and so has won himself a copy of Sine Mora EX on PC! (look for a PM incoming today!)

This month's game is Sine Mora EX, and I do suggest checking it out! It's on PS3, Vita, PS4, Switch, and PC; plenty of chances to give it a go and put up a score!

Developer

Edited: 10/02/2017 at 03:22 PM by Gloves

Oct 03 at 11:46:41 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Here's a score from me for Steel Empire on 3DS:

Just below the current top score, but not bad for a first run of the game. That said, I really liked it a lot! Was my first time playing the game and the music, graphics, and difficulty were all spot-on. I imagine there'll be some more challenge on "Difficult" mode, so I look forward to giving that a go!  

Developer

Oct 03 at 1:02:45 PM
Brock Landers (43)
< Master Higgins >
Montana

Scores have been updated, and we have a winner for the September contest!

bimmy_lee was the only senpai who noticed, and so has won himself a copy of Sine Mora EX on PC! (look for a PM incoming today!)

This month's game is Sine Mora EX, and I do suggest checking it out! It's on PS3, Vita, PS4, Switch, and PC; plenty of chances to give it a go and put up a score!

I wanted to, but I barely have time to work on the weekly game and do my other side project

Oct 05 at 10:12:51 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: MuNKeY

Fantasy Zone would count, yes. As for the Advantage, I'd give it a pass. And as for Turbo, I may get some flak for it, but I think I'd allow it. Consider that the NES Advantage was an official Nintendo licensed product. Unless people are super against allowing it (really, how am I gonna stop you either way?), I'd say it's fair game. If I could use it when I was 10 with the big N's blessing why should I stop you using it today?

I agree I see no problem using an NES Advantage or any controller that has turbo for NES shooters as some are hard enough without having to keep pushing the fire button, hell my poor thumbs are REKT over the years so autofire is a godsend.  
Okay, great stuff. I might be a contender for a couple, then, haha.

And just to clarify... can people set a score for any game at anytime? Or is everything done monthly? From what I can see, there's monthly contests (to keep things fresh and people interested, which I find neat) but you can put a top score in for any game, at anytime?

PS. My hands are also rekt from the years of button mashing.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 10/05/2017 at 10:13 PM by AirVillain

Oct 05 at 10:46:37 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario

Originally posted by: MuNKeY

Fantasy Zone would count, yes. As for the Advantage, I'd give it a pass. And as for Turbo, I may get some flak for it, but I think I'd allow it. Consider that the NES Advantage was an official Nintendo licensed product. Unless people are super against allowing it (really, how am I gonna stop you either way?), I'd say it's fair game. If I could use it when I was 10 with the big N's blessing why should I stop you using it today?

Okay, great stuff. I might be a contender for a couple, then, haha.

And just to clarify... can people set a score for any game at anytime? Or is everything done monthly? From what I can see, there's monthly contests (to keep things fresh and people interested, which I find neat) but you can put a top score in for any game, at anytime?

PS. My hands are also rekt from the years of button mashing.

Yeah you can put up a score for any shmup at any time. The monthly game is mostly to highlight fun games, and occasionally to hold contests with prizes.

Also feel free to share your thoughts on any shmups you've played. It's all about sharing and having fun!

Developer

Oct 06 at 10:04:38 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Couple more scores from me!

Blade Buster (NES) - 948,600

Steel Empire (3DS) - 3,098,264

Developer

Oct 07 at 5:16:17 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I recently picked up a copy of imperium and it hasn't been beating yet for the SNES thread. Look forward to a score from me soon

Oct 08 at 11:19:11 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

Yeah you can put up a score for any shmup at any time. The monthly game is mostly to highlight fun games, and occasionally to hold contests with prizes. Also feel free to share your thoughts on any shmups you've played. It's all about sharing and having fun!

Sweet!!

I loves me some SHMUPS. In fact, I like playing the games more than I like saying or typing "shmup". Whenever I see the word it actually makes me like them less.    

I think it should be "SHEMUPS"... Shem-ups. Shem. Ups.    

Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

I recently picked up a copy of imperium and it hasn't been beating yet for the SNES thread. Look forward to a score from me soon
Nice! I picked that up not too long ago and thoroughly enojyed it. Although I think I recall getting my ass kicked it was still fun.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Edited: 10/08/2017 at 11:19 AM by AirVillain

Oct 08 at 11:22:19 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario

Yeah you can put up a score for any shmup at any time. The monthly game is mostly to highlight fun games, and occasionally to hold contests with prizes. Also feel free to share your thoughts on any shmups you've played. It's all about sharing and having fun!

Sweet!!

I loves me some SHMUPS. In fact, I like playing the games more than I like saying or typing "shmup". Whenever I see the word it actually makes me like them less.    

I think it should be "SHEMUPS"... Shem-ups. Shem. Ups.    

Nice! I picked that up not too long ago and thoroughly enojyed it. Although I think I recall getting my ass kicked it was still fun.

You could always just say "shoot em ups", or even "shooters", though the latter might be confusing to people as they could think you mean like DOOM et al.

Personally I type "shmup" and say "shoot em up".

Developer

Oct 08 at 11:07:24 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
I beat imperium but didn't get a picture of my score. I hadn't realized that I was at the end of the game. I'll replay it tonight or tomorrow. It's not that long of a game to complete. Somewhere around 45 mins to an hour. I was somewhere around 21k when I had finished.

I've always called these types of games either vertical or horizontal shooters. Never been a fan of the word shmup.

Oct 08 at 11:15:04 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario

I beat imperium but didn't get a picture of my score. I hadn't realized that I was at the end of the game. I'll replay it tonight or tomorrow. It's not that long of a game to complete. Somewhere around 45 mins to an hour. I was somewhere around 21k when I had finished.

I've always called these types of games either vertical or horizontal shooters. Never been a fan of the word shmup.

Like I say, "shooter" is a totally acceptable term! "Shmup" is really just easiest to spell and the less prone to misunderstanding.  

Developer

Oct 09 at 12:27:15 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia

You could always just say "shoot em ups", or even "shooters", though the latter might be confusing to people as they could think you mean like DOOM et al.

Personally I type "shmup" and say "shoot em up".

Haha, yeah... I'm just joshin' with ya mang.

Although, I always consider most of these games "Scrolling shoot 'em ups". As there are some shoot 'em ups, that don't scroll. Like Contra. So, these here are scrolling shooters, not platforming shooters. 

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Oct 09 at 11:05:34 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Imperium - Medium - 1LC - 28,915

Oct 09 at 11:20:46 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario

Imperium - Medium - 1LC - 28,915

Good job; added!  

Developer

Oct 13 at 5:57:21 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < King Solomon >
Arkansas
For whatever reason there aren't many Sega Genesis shooters being played. I beat the first four stages of Elemental Master. It's a fun fantasy-themed shmup where you can shoot in two directions to either hit enemies behind you or in front of you.

World Polybius champion.

Oct 13 at 6:30:41 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Originally posted by: mbd39

For whatever reason there aren't many Sega Genesis shooters being played. I beat the first four stages of Elemental Master. It's a fun fantasy-themed shmup where you can shoot in two directions to either hit enemies behind you or in front of you.

I don't have a Genesis! ;P

Developer

Oct 13 at 6:38:06 PM
Bert (52)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Likes shooters...doesn't have a genesis...

Oct 13 at 6:42:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Bert

Likes shooters...doesn't have a genesis...

Totally skipped that console. Had one I picked up second hand but never played it. Sold it.

I should have picked up the one at the store by my work for $20 a few weeks ago. Alas. Hindsight.

Developer

Oct 13 at 7:00:50 PM
mbd39 (1)
Arkansas
Genesis shooters keep going up in price. You're better off emulating at this point anyway.

World Polybius champion.

Oct 13 at 7:33:38 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Gloves (55)
Ontario

Genesis shooters keep going up in price. You're better off emulating at this point anyway.

Right now I'm trying my best not to run myself too thin, so I'm focusing on my NES CIB collection, and SNES CIBs from time to time. I just don't see me getting into Genesis ever, frankly (outside of the occasional emulation, as you say).

EDIT: I've added your Elemental Master score, good work!

Developer

Edited: 10/13/2017 at 07:36 PM by Gloves

Oct 13 at 7:51:39 PM
mbd39 (1)
Arkansas

Right now I'm trying my best not to run myself too thin, so I'm focusing on my NES CIB collection, and SNES CIBs from time to time. I just don't see me getting into Genesis ever, frankly (outside of the occasional emulation, as you say).

EDIT: I've added your Elemental Master score, good work!

Here's Elemental Master in action. I like it, but I wouldn't pay the $50 or more that it's going for online.

World Polybius champion.