NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Info Requested: SNES Exertainment Attachment + NES Wristwatch

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:56:48 PM
BenTO (44)
(Ben T.) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Greetings NA!

I enjoy collecting Nintendo-related items, especially the obscure items. Part of the fun of collecting for me is putting together a collection with items found in tthe wild. Virtually every single item in my collection was found in the wild, and these are no exception. I'll put up a formal introduction with pictures of my collection when I have a chance!

I'm hoping the members at NA would be able to shed some light on these items for me:

Exertainment bike attachment

Exertainment bike attachment

Exertainment bike attachement

This came from a lot of 2 giant tubs of Nintendo items I picked up at a yard sale a while back. I saw a couple Mario N64 games on top and a NES and bought the lot without looking further. Going through the loot at home, I find a SNES with this attachment and it piqued my interest. I spent some time researching this attachment and found that it allowed an exercise bike to be hooked up and was used in places like gyms with the Mountain Bike Rally game. I'm now kicking myself for researching quicker because I saw two exercise bikes in another room for sale, and I'm guessing one of them would have went with this seeing how well their items were taken care of. At the time, I wasn't able to put a value on this, but recently, I saw a couple listed on eBay for $450. It doesn't look like there was much interest at that price. Would someone be able to shed some light on what the fair market value for this would be?

I also had another pickup more recently:

NES controller watch

NES controller watch
(sticker residue to be cleaned off)

I picked this up out of a box of watches and I was intrigued that it appeared to be a Nintendo licensed product. Before I took a look at the back, the feel and look led me to believe that it was a late 80s/early 90s piece. I spent some time researching but came up with nothing. All I got were the vintage game watches or cheap "Made in China" stuff. Would anyone happen to know the circumstances of the release? Was it sold in stores, given out as prizes, or...? Also, does anyone know what the fair market value of this might be?

Any information that anyone can share with me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

Edited: 06/03/2012 at 11:58 PM by BenTO

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:42:36 AM
FinalFantasyForever (0)
(FinalFantasyForever ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
can you take a picture of the watch on your wrist? I want to get an idea on the size. Picture makes it look humongous.

-------------------------
           Game Grabs: www.youtube.com/storino03...

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:51:20 AM
Mr.Nintendo (383)
(el- rocko) < King Solomon >
Alaska
that watch is badass, i want it

Gameboy Pirates "IS" My Thing

DONATE ALL SMB/DH CARTS TO PMA

DONATE ALL JURASSIC PARK CARTS TO KEVBOT  NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:27:24 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
The watch looks like something I saw at Hot Topic a few years ago...I wouldn't think it was worth very much...perhaps $10-$15 tops. As for the adapter...IIRC, that's how the Exertainment LifeFitness bike unit interfaced with the SNES system. On its own, it isn't worth much (if it was in my store, I'd be selling it for about $70 or so), but a complete bike setup with this adapter could run you up to $800-$1000.

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:17:43 AM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington
One sold today for $40 with an SNES. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170853304...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:10:35 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
^ Interesting...the SNES on its own would have gotten that much o_O ...

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:58:01 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
i would go back and ask about those bikes ASAP

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:27:06 PM
travelingnesguy001 (0)
(J Escobareson) < Tourian Tourist >
Florida
BenTO you are in luck, I saw the watch a while back on Ebay and thought it was awesome. Mb7241 is right, they were sold at Hot Topic around 2004/2005. They were going for $14.99 at the time, now you will be lucky to find one for under $70. They were made by DigiTech in 2004, licensed by Nintendo and manufactured by Accessory Time. Does the watch work? Awesome find. I just finally got one and began to do some research on it, hope this helps.