Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dave Mirra 2 for GBA -- CIB, but looks to have never been open, ERROR Box

Apr 15 at 4:00:23 PM
rlh (66)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Ok, I have a wierd one and I'm not sure how to value it, but I do imagine that someone out there might be interested in this (paging Hybrid, paging Dr. Hybrid.)

Anyway, I got this in a mystery lot on here a while ago.  It's a CIB Dave Mirra 2 for GBA.  Nothing special and since it's a sports title, it's not worth anything.  However, after I opened the box to check the contents, I noticed that the game box was mis-manufactured.  The cartridge slips in from the bottom and not the top.

So, does this give this game any additional value since the box is an error?  To me, this doesn't look like a big deal.  I was planning on selling this game off in a lot but I figured I'd ask around first.

I'm not trying to just push it off in price check but if no one has a good way to guage a value of this, just comment or shoot an offer.  This is about a $6.25 game on GVN, so I'd assume it's worth a little more than that.  Maybe?

Thanks guys.

EDIT

Here's the full album.

https://imgur.com/gallery/M0OjFmU

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST <-- Buying A Bit of Everything

Edited: 04/15/2019 at 04:00 PM by rlh

Apr 15 at 11:55:30 PM
SUBSCRIBER
coffeewithmrsaturn (355)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Actually, and bizarrely, some GBA games came like that. I don't know why, but certain boxes were made that way. Lady Sia comes to mind, but there are others.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Apr 16 at 2:04:08 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I see Lady Sia was mentioned already
I'm sure there's others but I don't know of them
I'd assume no additional value if all of them were made in the same manner

Edited: 04/16/2019 at 02:05 AM by hybrid

Apr 16 at 3:07:59 PM
SUBSCRIBER
coffeewithmrsaturn (355)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Yeah there are definitely others. We should start a thread to document them at some point.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Apr 16 at 3:18:26 PM
rlh (66)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

Yeah there are definitely others. We should start a thread to document them at some point.
1-2-3 not it! (But it should be done.)

If anyone else has a CIB Dave Mirra 2, please check.  I assume others are this way, but when I went to Google it, I couldn't find examples of anyone showing this off.

The real question is, is this considered an error?  I'd guess that the cardboard part is simply misglued on the wrong side because the box was turned the wrong way.  But, they probably did this to large/entire batches, so it wouldn't surprise me once this happens, there's a high percentage of copies that looked like this.

Thanks for pointing out other games looked this way, though.  At least now I know it's not unheard of.

Apr 16 at 3:27:00 PM
SUBSCRIBER
coffeewithmrsaturn (355)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Every Lady Sia I have seen is like this, so I don't think I would count it as an error even if it was originally due to some mistake. At that point, it becomes "how it was manufactured" rather than an anomaly.

The interesting thing would be if a game with only one print run has boxes both ways. That would muddy the waters for me a bit.

Apr 16 at 3:30:20 PM
rlh (66)
North Carolina

Every Lady Sia I have seen is like this, so I don't think I would count it as an error even if it was originally due to some mistake. At that point, it becomes "how it was manufactured" rather than an anomaly.

The interesting thing would be if a game with only one print run has boxes both ways. That would muddy the waters for me a bit.

Well, it's my personal opinion that when a game has an error, whether in printing or as a minor manufacturing hiccup, it's an "error", regardless.  Now, if it's very subtle and 100% of all games look that way, then all games are in error.

Value, again IMHO, is derived on the desirability of the game, nature of the error and how frequent the error occured.  Those factors are huge when coming up with a fair value.

That said, I'd consider all Lady Sia boxes as manufacturing errors but, ironically, if anyone found one that was "correct" that'd be the game worth $$$ because that's not common.  My $.02.

Apr 17 at 12:53:00 AM
OptOut (8)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < El Ripper >
Taiwan
Elimonator boat duel springs to mind! That was an error on every cart, right?

Apr 17 at 2:06:57 AM
hybrid (45)
(jeff .) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Eliminator boat duel , Metroid yellow label, legends of the diamond all have typos that were never fixed

Apr 17 at 11:55:36 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: rlh

Well, it's my personal opinion that when a game has an error, whether in printing or as a minor manufacturing hiccup, it's an "error", regardless.  Now, if it's very subtle and 100% of all games look that way, then all games are in error.

Value, again IMHO, is derived on the desirability of the game, nature of the error and how frequent the error occured.  Those factors are huge when coming up with a fair value.

That said, I'd consider all Lady Sia boxes as manufacturing errors but, ironically, if anyone found one that was "correct" that'd be the game worth $$$ because that's not common.  My $.02.

In other hobbies like baseball card collecting those types of errors would be considered an uncorrected error. 

Man...Has everyone here slid it in the rear of Lady Sia? I thought I was the only one....