Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Metroid SNES bundle variant. Looking for some info.

Nov 14 at 11:11:48 AM
deathlesswords (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Hey guys. I'm searching for some info on this Super Metroid SNES bundle variant. A local person is wanting to trade it, and neither of us have seen one or really know how to value it.

Any info on rarity or if it was a specific store exclusive would be greatly appreciated. Please see attachment for pic. Thanks.

Nov 14 at 12:06:13 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < El Ripper >
Iowa
Originally posted by: deathlesswords

Hey guys. I'm searching for some info on this Super Metroid SNES bundle variant. A local person is wanting to trade it, and neither of us have seen one or really know how to value it. Any info on rarity or if it was a specific store exclusive would be greatly appreciated. Please see attachment for pic. Thanks.

Well the condition looks great so start with a nice condition control set when looking for sold listings on ebay. Is everything complete on the inside? Is there a console with it that has matching serial to the box? When talking about SNES box variants and totally being a niche
collecting area as are those who strive for a factory matched console and box. Those details matter in appraising I feel. If all those things are correct such as. Complete with paperwork and matching serials and clean everything else. Take an avg CIB control set and also look at other variant control sets and avg that data well. My quick thought is you may find 20-30% more on a variant. My two cents

Nov 14 at 12:08:52 PM
deathlesswords (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
The serial number does not match, which I'm pretty bummed about but it's not a deal breaker. It's just the console (which the bottom half is very yellowed), controller and power supply and AV cables. No game either, and also none of the paperwork. At that point i would almost consider it to be box only.

Nov 14 at 12:28:38 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Sign Collector Guy (1)
(Benjamin ) < El Ripper >
Iowa

The serial number does not match, which I'm pretty bummed about but it's not a deal breaker. It's just the console (which the bottom half is very yellowed), controller and power supply and AV cables. No game either, and also none of the paperwork. At that point i would almost consider it to be box only.
Yep. I am inclined to agree with you on that. I honestly see these boxes as very rushed and lazy option Nintendo used to peddle systems. It looks like they said hey lets not make a new box design but just put this giant marketing square over the bottom left and toss in a game. I mean I get it. I bet it totally helped push someone over the ledge to buy a system.

Nov 14 at 12:44:38 PM
Bert (53)
< Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Does it have the styrofoam? That is a big part of the value believe it or not

-------------------------

Nov 14 at 3:45:35 PM
deathlesswords (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Bert

Does it have the styrofoam? That is a big part of the value believe it or not

It does. Basically it would be box and styrofoam in my eyes since the SNES is non matching to the serial on the box.

Nov 17 at 10:59:15 PM
LaC (82)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois

Hey guys. I'm searching for some info on this Super Metroid SNES bundle variant. A local person is wanting to trade it, and neither of us have seen one or really know how to value it. Any info on rarity or if it was a specific store exclusive would be greatly appreciated. Please see attachment for pic. Thanks.
This is a rare variant.  I would auction it on ebay.  You might be surprised how much it gets due to it being desirable to complete the set.

-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT

Nov 17 at 11:29:07 PM
deathlesswords (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: LaC

This is a rare variant.  I would auction it on ebay.  You might be surprised how much it gets due to it being desirable to complete the set.

My plan is to keep it. I have an extra cart and manual. Unfortunately I won't have a matching console, but I could live with that.

Edited: 11/17/2017 at 11:30 PM by deathlesswords

Nov 17 at 11:34:36 PM
LaC (82)
< Lolo Lord >
Illinois

Originally posted by: LaC

My plan is to keep it. I have an extra cart and manual. Unfortunately I won't have a matching console, but I could live with that.

Ok. Yeah I am not sure on value then.
But I think this is one of the rarest variants that people are searching for.

-------
Eprom

WTB
FS/FT