Skip navigation
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Vegetablets Go & Ilevan - New NES/Famicom Game on Cartridge EDIT: Sold Out -- Hopefully more to come soon.

Mar 22 at 11:15:53 AM
Zezzler (1)
(Jesse Sesler) < Tourian Tourist >
Korea, Republic of
Edit: Congrats to everyone who managed to grab a copy. Really surprised how fast Ileven sold (3 minutes)! Via Twitter he says that he wants to make more, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out  
Edit 2: Shipped today (via twitter)! Talk about a moving quickly!
Edit 3: Tulip House has confirmed that he will make more in the future (via twitter)

Edit 4: Because of how fast Ilevan sold out, he made more copies of Ilevan (FC) for sale on Sunday April 1st 11pm (UTC +9) -- or 10am April 1st EST.
           Purchases made through Paypal on this website: http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/ilevan/
Edit 5: April 1st sale over.
Edit 6: 10 more copies of Ilevan FC and 10 more copies of Vetablets Go FC are going on sale Sunday April 15th 11pm (UTC +9) -- or 10am April 15th EST.
            The last sale of the game lasted a few hours, so I'm sure these will be available for a while too. 
            http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/ilevan/ http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/vegetablets_go/
Edit 7: And they are gone! Much faster this time. I think there was a lot more exposure on social media this time around.
Edit 8: 8 NES copies of Vegteblets Go, 4 FC copies of Vegteblets Go and 4 copies of Ilevan FC go on sale on Sunday June 24th 11pm JST (10am EST)
Edit 9: All gone. Hopefully more soon.
Hi y'all,

Scrolling through Twitter earlier I happened upon this post for a game called "VEGETABLETS GO" made by a Japanese fellow that goes by the name "Tulip House."

Granted, there is only so much that I am able to derrive with my limited understanding of the language, but luckily they provide a lot of information in English.
The game is set to go on sale Sunday evening in this side of the world, so that would be 10am Sunday morning EST if I'm not mistaken.

The story of the game's creation is actually quite interesting. Apparently they made an MSX game called Ilevan 30 years ago, and then lost interest in video games. Recently however, a friend rekindled his desire to make a retro game.
The production is only limited to 10 NES cartridges (surprising from a Japanese developer!) and 10 FC cartridges. Plus, they did 10 more copies of the game Ilevan (now ported to FC). They actaully make their own boards, and everything.

From what I can tell from their main website, they use PayPal for the transactions. 10 obviously isn't very many copies of each game, so hopefully if these sell quick, they will decide to make more copies. The NES game is 35USD + 7.5USD shipping and the FC copy is 3000JPY + ~500JPY shipping overseas. Hopefully some of y'all are able to snag this one -- I'll definitely be there to try and get one too  

Below are links to Tulip House's twitter, as well as the appropriate pages for each of the games. 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/tuliphouseRadio
VEGETABLES GO (NES): http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/vegetablets_go/index_en.html
VEGETABLES GO (FC): http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/vegetablets_go/index.html
ILEVAN (FC): http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/ilevan/index_en.html

-------------------------

@Zezzler   JammingGames    Zezzler   NES Collection

Edited: 06/24/2018 at 01:39 PM by Zezzler

Mar 22 at 11:33:46 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Ferris Bueller (225)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Thumbs up.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Mar 22 at 11:34:51 AM
Ice Man (18)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Germany
Looks interesting. Following this project!

Mar 22 at 11:39:45 AM
Nert (55)
(T.O.W. Missile) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
10 copies each? Lame. I'd love to grab the famicom cart

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 22 at 10:19:50 PM
RpgCollector (128)
(Jeff Oconnell) < Kraid Killer >
California
Only 10

Down to the last 2 Sega Game Gear games I need for the CIB USA. What I will pay for CIB:

Fantastic Dizzy -$300 & Sports Illustrated -$300

Mar 22 at 10:33:12 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (19)
(JamsGobot ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Yeah, those Famicom carts are sharp. Thanks for the heads up. We'll see how Sunday goes.

Mar 23 at 4:37:21 AM
Vectrex28 (128)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Japan
Has an early Famicom game vibe to it  

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Mar 25 at 10:03:24 AM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (174)
(Justin ) < Kraid Killer >
Pennsylvania
It's live, folks!

Mar 25 at 10:19:29 AM
Soma (35)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
I was trying to get Ileben but it's sold out

Mar 25 at 10:27:07 AM
Zezzler (1)
Korea, Republic of
Originally posted by: Soma

You have to buy that game from the Japanese version of the site. http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital...

Mar 25 at 10:28:01 AM
Soma (35)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Zezzler

Originally posted by: Soma

You have to buy that game from the Japanese version of the site. http://tulip-house.ddo.jp/digital/ilevan/index.html

Sold out at the link

Mar 25 at 10:38:36 AM
Zezzler (1)
Korea, Republic of
Whoops my mistake. Hadn't properly checked. Sorry!

Mar 25 at 10:39:01 AM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (174)
Pennsylvania
Vegetab green is still available
Vegetab NES is still available

Vegetab orange is sold out
Ilevan is sold out

Edited: 03/25/2018 at 10:47 AM by neodolphino

Mar 25 at 10:58:28 AM
Zezzler (1)
Korea, Republic of
Looks like only some of the NES carts are available still.

Mar 26 at 9:32:10 AM
Zezzler (1)
Korea, Republic of
And it looks like Tulip House has already sent everything off in the mail! I didn't receive any tracking/shipped emails, but he said that everything has now shipped via Twitter

Mar 26 at 6:23:41 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (174)
Pennsylvania
Oooo I see mine!

Mar 26 at 10:37:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (19)
(JamsGobot ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Damn! I missed out.

Mar 26 at 10:39:33 PM
Nert (55)
(T.O.W. Missile) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I completely forgot about this

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Mar 27 at 10:29:09 AM
Soma (35)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Oooo I see mine!

I'm one of those too, but I'm a little bummed I missed out on Ileven

Mar 27 at 12:41:36 PM
fcgamer (92)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I don't check in here often so I missed the whole sale, but even if I had been around, it seems as though it would have been unlikely that I would be able to have purchased one of these anyway. Totally lame.

I am sure others may disagree, but this sort of stunt turns me away from homebrew games in general. Collectors for a platform, as well as those longing for new games on a machine that they love, are the types of people who want to purchase and own homebrew games, quite a niche market. If such limited quantities are made, sure the game becomes rare and sought after by collectors, but I see it somewhat as a slap in the face towards those folks too. Whatever.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 27 at 2:28:46 PM
TheCavalry (11)

< Crack Trooper >
Utah
They were available for at least an hour after they went on sale. They weren’t hard to get if you knew when they were available - all versions.

If you don’t want to miss out, check in more often. Bellyaching about it doesn’t do anything.

Edited: 03/27/2018 at 02:29 PM by TheCavalry

Mar 27 at 3:15:56 PM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (174)
Pennsylvania
Plus I don't think he did it for super rare/limited reasons. He's just doing it as a fun little hobby thing. I mean, he hand made the famicom carts out of cassette tapes (I think?)

Not everyone has the means, or time, or desire to do large releases of games that they are making as a hobby/fun project.

There are plenty of homebrews out there that are available.

You should be happy it sold/sold so well. He's a lot more likely to do another batch that way... Right?

Mar 28 at 12:20:13 AM
Zezzler (1)
Korea, Republic of
In defense of the developer, this isn't something he has ever really done. He made an MSX game 30 years ago, and stopped developing games. He decided to make an FC/NES game and release it just for fun (his friend in Japan inspired him). He didn't come here to advertise it, he only let his Twitter and Facebook followers know.

Overall, he was really happy with how reception went and that he would like to make more, so hopefully more people are able to get their hands on the game in the near future too.

Mar 28 at 5:29:14 AM
fcgamer (92)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: neodolphino

Plus I don't think he did it for super rare/limited reasons. He's just doing it as a fun little hobby thing. I mean, he hand made the famicom carts out of cassette tapes (I think?)

Not everyone has the means, or time, or desire to do large releases of games that they are making as a hobby/fun project.

There are plenty of homebrews out there that are available.

You should be happy it sold/sold so well. He's a lot more likely to do another batch that way... Right?
On Famicom?  With the completion of these, there are about a dozen.  No offense, but I would hardly call that plenty.  

-----

Mar 28 at 5:38:05 AM
fcgamer (92)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: TheCavalry

They were available for at least an hour after they went on sale. They weren’t hard to get if you knew when they were available - all versions.

If you don’t want to miss out, check in more often. Bellyaching about it doesn’t do anything.
If you read the OP's initial thread, he said that the one cart had sold out in three minutes.  To quote him further, he states "Congrats to everyone who managed to grab a copy", which also adds emphasis to these not just sitting around forever.  In comparison, does anyone remember how long it took Garage Cart to sell out, when it was first released?

I can understand the whys and hows of why someone might not want to make hundreds of carts; however, when the quantity made is extremely low, there is going to be a lot of unfufilled demand from other collectors and gamers, the very sort of people wanting to purchase and play such games.  As I've said before, making such limited releases takes out most of the fun with homebrews.  Many people felt that way about collecting Amibos, NES / SNES Classic, I feel that way about limited homebrew releases.  This is the same sort of situation, only it is a hobbyist and not some sort of corporation; with that being said, I don't think that should be enough to shield someone from criticism or differing opinions.

-----