Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew UXO: Unexploded Ordnance!

Sep 06 at 2:52:06 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (16)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: Skins4thewin

*shrug* Am here cus I want to be. I'm a retro gamer and I like to make myself laugh on occasion. I want this game but am not paying $60 for Minesweeper, just can't do it.  Guess I'll have to do without.

I am sure you can find the rom for the Sachen version if you just want free minesweeper on the NES. Not nearly as fun or as dope as UXO, though. Plus you'd be supporting homebrew community. You know you want it. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

I like to laugh too. But if you're gonna dish it, you also gotta take it.

Sep 06 at 10:36:25 PM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

*shrug* Am here cus I want to be. I'm a retro gamer and I like to make myself laugh on occasion. I want this game but am not paying $60 for Minesweeper, just can't do it.  Guess I'll have to do without.

I am sure you can find the rom for the Sachen version if you just want free minesweeper on the NES. Not nearly as fun or as dope as UXO, though. Plus you'd be supporting homebrew community. You know you want it. http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr... I like to laugh too. But if you're gonna dish it, you also gotta take it.

Lol I don't think that will be a problem man, what's said online isn't going to bother me one bit.  But yeah, good points about the homebrew.  I mainly want this version for the dope ass music.  The chip tunes in the Youtube demo were some of the best i've ever heard. Does this guy do other games with other awesome chiptunes?  Would love to just be able to listen to his work.

Sep 06 at 10:41:36 PM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >
Saw the $45 boxed one. Tempting.... but I still think i'd rather have a cart only release for cheap. Neo, What exactly are the differences between the different sets that you sell this game with anyway? Seems there are several and it's a bit confusing when there are so many differences. Can you outline all the different buying options for me? Can PM if that's easier.

Sep 06 at 10:51:21 PM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (16)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado

I am sure you can find the rom for the Sachen version if you just want free minesweeper on the NES. Not nearly as fun or as dope as UXO, though. Plus you'd be supporting homebrew community. You know you want it. http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadi... I like to laugh too. But if you're gonna dish it, you also gotta take it.

Lol I don't think that will be a problem man, what's said online isn't going to bother me one bit.  But yeah, good points about the homebrew.  I mainly want this version for the dope ass music.  The chip tunes in the Youtube demo were some of the best i've ever heard. Does this guy do other games with other awesome chiptunes?  Would love to just be able to listen to his work.

Better say 'hi' to Zi.

https://bleepbop.com...
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Edited: 09/06/2017 at 10:51 PM by JamesRobot

Sep 07 at 12:25:43 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
(Ay Jay Will-Yams) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

Lol man.... yall can't take a joke can you?  Did you guys not read the troll part of the comment?   Bright ones you are.  Thanks for the Troll feed.

You show up and your first comment is being a smartass? Yeah, not a good start. I give 0 craps about your troll tag at the end as your comment was meant to stir the pot either way.

If you are here to just cause trouble, you won't last long.

He's started trolling some threads I sub on AtariAge too, same username. A dozen or so posts between both forums.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Sep 07 at 4:26:52 AM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >
Um, so what's the problem now? How exactly did I troll on the Atariage forums? I did no such thing. I was actually trying to show some interest in making a purchase of the game... whats the problem? I thought we were past all that. I took the constructive criticism and am trying to be a team player here. Please, let it go already. Lets get back on topic and discuss this awesome game

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 04:42 AM by Skins4thewin

Sep 07 at 4:28:42 AM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >

I am sure you can find the rom for the Sachen version if you just want free minesweeper on the NES. Not nearly as fun or as dope as UXO, though. Plus you'd be supporting homebrew community. You know you want it. http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadi... I like to laugh too. But if you're gonna dish it, you also gotta take it.

Better say 'hi' to Zi.

https://bleepbop.com
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Home&User=zi

Lol why? Does Zi make chiptunes or something?

Hi Zi  

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 04:38 AM by Skins4thewin

Sep 07 at 8:15:15 AM
SUBSCRIBER
neodolphino (160)
(Justin ) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania

Better say 'hi' to Zi.

Hi Zi  

lol, yeah. Zi makes some dope ass beats and sells chiptune albums on carts playable on the NES. He did the music for UXO, did music for my next release, and has done music for a.bunch of other homebrews.

He's ok I guess....  

Sep 07 at 8:24:20 AM
SUBSCRIBER
JamesRobot (16)
< Lolo Lord >
Colorado

Better say 'hi' to Zi.

Hi Zi  

I can only show you the door. You're the one who has to walk through it. (Click the links, mang!)

Sep 07 at 8:34:08 AM
SUBSCRIBER
zi (71)
(T Rags) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York

I mainly want this version for the dope ass music.  The chip tunes in the Youtube demo were some of the best i've ever heard. Does this guy do other games with other awesome chiptunes?  Would love to just be able to listen to his work.

oh hai! i guess the bleepbop website is the best commercial way to sample all NES chiptunes (released on physical carts). my soundcloud is another way to get a feel for music across many games (https://soundcloud.com/bleepbopre...). thanks for listening and I hope you pick up any homebrew you find interesting and want to play!

8 Bit Music For The 21st Century

Sep 07 at 1:33:23 PM
Vectrex28 (119)
(Samus Aran) < Bowser >
Switzerland
Before making "l3lz le dumperino when xdxdxd le troll XDDDDD so funny" comments, use that thing called your brain and take a second to think about the people that make these games.
I don't think you understand those games are made by passionate people using the little time and money they have to make these games for the retro gaming community.

As for the scoreboard, the only problem is that the game has so many versions that you would need to make a score for the TMG, the RE and the customised LEs. But other than that it should be doable and if you need any technical details for it to work on the scoreboard, PM me  

Sep 07 at 2:09:42 PM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >
Thanks for the info Zi, am definitely going to check out your work. I am going to try to buy this in some form or another. And point taken Vectrex28, will keep that in mind from now on.

Sep 07 at 8:24:49 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
Louisiana

Thanks for the info Zi, am definitely going to check out your work. I am going to try to buy this in some form or another. And point taken Vectrex28, will keep that in mind from now on.

Zi's chiptunes are awesome. I have quite the collection of NES music carts now. All of Zi's four cart releases thus far, M00N8 by Brad Smith (pink floyd dsotm tribute), Vegavox II by Alex Maur (which took over a year to track down via eBay), Famicompo Pico, 2A03 Puritans, Both 8-bit Music Power releases, Holly Jolly NES Mix (which I modded with auto-blinking LEDs), all the RetroUSB 8-bit Xmas carts from 2011 to present (you could technically consider them audiovisual presentations with the blinky lights in attract mode), and finally RetroUSB's A Power is You, real recordings of live 8-bit inspired music stuffed into one massive 64 megabyte cart. 

Sorry for accusing you of trolling...  

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 08:28 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Sep 07 at 9:32:37 PM
SUBSCRIBER
zi (71)
(T Rags) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
only vegavox ii? -inserts pics of vegavox I, vegavox II, color caves-

8 Bit Music For The 21st Century

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 09:33 PM by zi

Sep 07 at 9:44:07 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
Louisiana
You have any idea how often those early demos come up for sale? Color Caves and Vegavox I don't autoplay either I believe since you have to manually advance each song. And Vegavox II has that hypnotic scrolling artwork...  

Vegavox III has VRC6 tunes in it but sadly no cart release. I downloaded them all from Bandcamp as uncompressed wave sound and burned VV, CC, VVII, and VVIII together making one epic chiptune CD though. I inquired Alex about making NSF rips for Powerpak play but no dice...  

Edited: 09/07/2017 at 09:47 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Sep 08 at 7:38:38 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: neodolphino

OT question deleted upon OP request.

Back on topic: UXO by Neodolphino Production

Edited: 09/08/2017 at 09:01 AM by user

Sep 08 at 7:58:10 PM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
Louisiana
Hope you get your loot USER.  

Sep 08 at 8:52:18 PM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Plundering? I did never stole anything, all the (little) money I made designing NES games was earn with regular contracts (independent contractor agreements or selling my IP over the product), and everything is written in my tax papers. Always pay debts, always gift what I promise, and asking now what fine I owe for stepping back from an agreement.

I would like to remind you that greedy =/= criminal.

For the records: I never ever ever ever in my life stole anything.

I knew to have a reputation about being a rebel child in here, and that my presence in this brewery is unwelcome by a chunk of people, but I thought that at least about my sense of ethics, my honesty and my moral integrity and professional respect of people there were no doubts. You can see my perfect feedback for reference.

I am terribly shocked and disappointed. All this is getting surreal. I don't get it.
Why calling me out such way to ruin my reputation?

Sep 08 at 11:47:42 PM
KHAN Games (88)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: user

Plundering? I did never stole anything, all the (little) money I made designing NES games was earn with regular contracts (independent contractor agreements or selling my IP over the product), and everything is written in my tax papers. Always pay debts, always gift what I promise, and asking now what fine I owe for stepping back from an agreement.

I knew to have a reputation about being a rebel child in here, and that my presence in this brewery is unwelcome by a chunk of people, but I thought that at least about my sense of ethics, my honesty and my moral integrity and professional respect of people there were no doubts. You can see my perfect feedback for reference.

I am terribly shocked and disappointed. All this is getting surreal. I don't get it.

user,

For the love of God... no one is calling you any of those things.

"Loot" is English slang for money.

He was just saying that he hopes you get paid for whatever you were talking to neodolphino about.

Jesus. Chill dude.

For the millionth time, THE WORLD IS NOT OUT TO GET YOU OR RUIN YOUR REPUTATION.

Sep 08 at 11:55:21 PM
KHAN Games (88)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
For future reference: when you think "Wow, this person is being extra mean to me..." step back and consider for a second that, since English is not your native language, that perhaps you are just missing something, not understanding a common English phrase, or some other way more likely scenario than "Wow, this person is being extra mean to me." Because, trust me, they aren't. No one here is out to get you. There was a total of one (1) person who had a problem with you, and that person has blocked you and you can't see him anymore. No one else cares that you're here. You can continue to post here and people will comment on your stuff and life will go continue. Stop thinking there is some grand conspiracy behind the scenes trying to ruin you in some way.

Anyway, maybe I should end this post with a disclaimer.

Disclaimer #1: The opinions described above are that of me and me alone, simply because I'm tired of you acting like a child and losing your cool at the drop of a hat (that's another English phrase I think. You aren't physically dropping any hats).

And please don't PM me asking me to ban you. No one is going to ban you.

Okay, I'm done. Carry on.

Sep 09 at 12:00:25 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
Louisiana
Wow user, didn't mean to offend. I had a transcript of your deleted post in my inbox and was hoping you got whatever it was you were expecting to receive. Lighten up a bit man.

You're a great asset to Nintendoage and the homebrew community at large. I really enjoyed several of the games you helped develop.

Sep 09 at 1:10:55 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Originally posted by: user

user,

For the love of God... no one is calling you any of those things.

"Loot" is English slang for money.

He was just saying that he hopes you get paid for whatever you were talking to neodolphino about.

Jesus. Chill dude.

For the millionth time, THE WORLD IS NOT OUT TO GET YOU OR RUIN YOUR REPUTATION.

Chill. No need to yell, I am not impressed.
Just to clear out, I never claimed that the world is out to get me, so please don't put words I did not say in my mouth.

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

For future reference: when you think "Wow, this person is being extra mean to me..." step back and consider for a second that, since English is not your native language, that perhaps you are just missing something, not understanding a common English phrase, or some other way more likely scenario than "Wow, this person is being extra mean to me." Because, trust me, they aren't. No one here is out to get you. There was a total of one (1) person who had a problem with you, and that person has blocked you and you can't see him anymore. No one else cares that you're here. You can continue to post here and people will comment on your stuff and life will go continue. Stop thinking there is some grand conspiracy behind the scenes trying to ruin you in some way.

Anyway, maybe I should end this post with a disclaimer.

Disclaimer #1: The opinions described above are that of me and me alone, simply because I'm tired of you acting like a child and losing your cool at the drop of a hat (that's another English phrase I think. You aren't physically dropping any hats).

And please don't PM me asking me to ban you. No one is going to ban you.

Okay, I'm done. Carry on.

So, a total of one person, which is your friend and you (alongside another mod) toke the defense without even caring about listening to the other side of the story, nor reading the contents of each other posts. Best case scenario: friendship; worst case scenario: prejudice. Let say friendship.

You want me now to believe that the last part of this thread is something serious, and not a trolling party targeted to people visiting this brewery but not investing in physical copies of homebrew games (which, of course, I am part of). I do not believe it.

And no, I do not think that the world is after me, I am not paranoid. I do think instead that an elitist restricted group of people in this brewery discriminate on people not investing in stuff they do not need or are out of budget for them. And the fact that they do not need or it is out of budget does not mean that it is ugly: a Ferrari F40 is wonderful, and you can be in a community of Ferrari fans, without buying any, because out of budget.

If I design games, it is to make some margin of profit, not to reinvest it in games. This continuous pressure about buying stuff to be a welcome member is irritating.

Because, trust me, the message you guys are giving to people reading this thread is: "have money to spend, else get out of here".

And in the end, I think that this will turn against yourself too.

I am done as well.

Sep 09 at 1:11:38 AM
user (6)

< El Ripper >

Wow user, didn't mean to offend. I had a transcript of your deleted post in my inbox and was hoping you got whatever it was you were expecting to receive. Lighten up a bit man.

You're a great asset to Nintendoage and the homebrew community at large. I really enjoyed several of the games you helped develop.

Relax, you were not my target.

Sep 09 at 1:24:09 AM
SUBSCRIBER
Kosmic StarDust (43)
Louisiana
I'm not the one who needs to relax. It's like I'm riding my bike down shady lane minding my own business and got caught in the crossfire between two rival gangs turf war.

I have zero clue what's going on but I get the impression that a small misunderstanding has escalated and evolved into a cat5 shitstorm. Take a chill pill already. I'm outta here...

Sep 09 at 3:14:02 AM
Skins4thewin (1)

< Cherub >
Lol good lord... so much drama up in hurr